John Bonham

Requests, Issues, etc.

I was wondering if I could help design a forum skin. I have a fuckton of time on my hands.

Yeah, that's cool.

What We really need is a really sweet logo.

Okay, somewhat random, non-important, slightly comedic question.   Why does the forum list bing as signing in in this screencap?  Is the forum associating bing's cookies with the user who's signing in?  I've just never seen that before.  I've seen guests listed as signing in, but never the search engine/web crawler (whatever it's called) signing in.  Just curious.

bingloggingin_zpsd0da9c27.png

Image limit of 9 is kind of weird. 10 would be preferable imo, but it's not really a big deal.

Yeah, you're right. 10 makes more sense. I'll change it when I get a chance. Thanks.

Hey John Bossman, is it possible to get a tagging/mentioning feature? So like, for example if you say "@bran" they receive a notification directing them to the post.

I've seen features like this on other forums and it can be useful when you want to bring someone into a discussion.

It's not a big deal and it probably wouldn't get used all too much, but it could be a nice touch.

Hey John Bossman, is it possible to get a tagging/mentioning feature? So like, for example if you say "@bran" they receive a notification directing them to the post.

I've seen features like this on other forums and it can be useful when you want to bring someone into a discussion.

It's not a big deal and it probably wouldn't get used all too much, but it could be a nice touch.

It's a built-in in IPB 4.0

this is kind of stupid but is there anyway to make threads (in the bad apples section) that only posters you chose to give access can see?

Don't need to be JB to reply to that question.

To make something like that, JB have to create a new group of users, a new section and give that group of users permissions to access that section. I'm more experienced in SMForum, but I don't think there's a way, in IPB available mods, to do that in just one thread without specific programation.

Besides .... wtf do you want to hide from me? If you want to do secret topics, why don't you use the PM system? You can add all the users you want to your PM conversations ... :CoolFace:

How do "guests" get in the chat?  I've seen "guest_807" and a few others with the "guest_###" format in there a few times (the most recent being just now).  How the heyell do they do that?  And they never seem to talk about anything.  

Not as mysterious as the formerly ever-present entity "Dumbledore" in the Ritz chat, but it's close.

...I need to know.  lol

I'm guessing it's just a guest who clicks on the chat, but they are taken to the "log in or register" screen and that's why they aen't able to actually say anything, but the forum has them listed as being in the chat in the online list.