Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

I'm finishing up Feast for Crows.

Where can I watch season 4?

You guys must know sites that will let me stream it.

I don't mind paying, but it's not out yet

not sure about streaming in terms of past episodes i usually just torrent them and then  put a usb flash drive in my tv and watch past episodes like that.

4 chapters into A Dance With Dragons

I can't believe Cersei got arrested! :awesome: :awesome: hahaha how foolish of her was it to reinstate the religious military? LOL

4 chapters into A Dance With Dragons

I can't believe Cersei got arrested! :awesome: :awesome: hahaha how foolish of her was it to reinstate the religious military? LOL

pretty stupid, it was a big source of some serious problems for kings in the past and it took a long time for them to get rid of the religious orders. it is something she should have known would bit her in the ass, she always thinks she is smarter and better than tywin but tywin owns her in every single way when it comes to being a ruler

I just read Daenerys 9 in A Dance With Dragons :awesome:

is that the one where her dragon roasts everyone?

I just read Daenerys 9 in A Dance With Dragons :awesome:

is that the one where her dragon roasts everyone?

That's the one where she re-opens the fighting pits, and her dragon Drogon returns, roasts everyone, she tames him and rides him away. IMO one of the top 6 scenes in the entire series.

I have about 100 pages left in ADWD and then it's all over for me :(

I finished the 5th book this afternoon.

Great series.

I also watched Season 4 of the tv series recently, which I thought was pretty lousy for the most part, except for the Arya and the Hound stuff, and the Battle of the Wall, and the

death of the red viper of Dorne

If I was forced to choose, Season 3 would be my least favorite.  But I think the reason is because I started watching the show after season 2.  So when I watched seasons 1 and 2, I watched them at my own pace- stopping and starting where I chose.  I was able to pick stopping points mid-episode.  With Season 3, I had to watch them as they came out, one by one, and it was a markedly different experience.  I had to adapt to watching an episode at a time.  When I re-watched season 3 at my own pace, I warmed up to it.  

One thing I don't understand is: why do they have to make only 10 episodes per season?  I feel like that constricts the show's ability to tell the story sometimes.  I know there are budget concerns and whatnot, but if a season would be better served with 11 or 12 episodes, why not make the episode count variable?  Or even, make the length of each episode variable.  

now you have to wait and bitch like the rest of us :lol:

there is a couple of chapters from the winds of winter floating around i think there is 2 tyrion, 2 barristan, theon, victarion, 2 arianne.

some of these are written and posted some were read by martin at certain con's .

here is a good site with some links to the chapters

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/03/how-much-winds-of-winter-is-out

Putting together a list of the greatest moments/scenes from the series:

The Battle of Blackwater Bay (ACoK)

The Battle of the Wall (ASoS)

The Taming of Drogon (ADwD)

Cersei's Walk of Shame (ADwD)

Death of Lysa Arryn (ASoS)

Death of Tywin and Shae (ASoS)

Birth of the Dragons (AGoT)

The Red Wedding (ASoS)

The Death of Joffrey (ASoS)

This week I read

Mercy,

Theon I,

Alayne I,

Tyrion I, and

Ser Barristan I

from The Winds of Winter.

They were all pretty good. I guess I actually enjoyed the Ser Barristan chapter the best.

I still have the Arianne Martell chapter to read.

Those are the only ones I have been able to find.

I watched GoT s05e01 on solarmovie.com which was also pretty good.

I thought season 4 was pretty weak overall, and am looking forward to a Return to form for season 5.

looking forward to Cersei's walk of shame

Bran, what do you think will happen with Rickon, Davos and Osha?

good question.

im not really sure, there seems to be a large segment of the fanbase that believes rickon will eventually become the lord of winterfell since he seems to be the "extra stark" in that he really doesnt have a storyline and really never had a storyline. in a way it seems to make sense with all that is going on with the former starks but a part of me thinks that is kind of too clean and convenient for martin. i think either davos or osha (or both) will end up dying somehow. the most interesting theory is the one that has rickon coming back with some sort of army, being in skagos with all that norther old god magic coming back and with him having similar visions as bran and having a close bond to shaggy dog, the warriors of skagos could see him as a very powerful person. the only problem is him being so young but his powers might overcome that problem

I like how they learned nothing from last year. If people didn't like seeing Cersei get questionably raped, what made them think it was a good idea to let Sansa get definitively raped?

The showrunners are massive idiots.

I like how they learned nothing from last year. If people didn't like seeing Cersei get questionably raped, what made them think it was a good idea to let Sansa get definitively raped?

The showrunners are massive idiots.

I haven't seen it, but I heard she gets her face ripped off.

Is that true?