Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

Jojen and Meera Reed are great characters. :awesome:

i think the timing of them coming into the show fucked them up IMO. i really like the story of the knight of laughing tree.

I hate Jojen and Meera so fucking much from the show that I can't judge them fairly in the books.

If I tried though, Meera is alright. But Jojen is still fucking shit. I don't see how you can like his character. He seemed like a random dumb way to move Bran's plot forward in the show, but it came off nearly just as stupid in the books to me.

Some random fucking creepy kid has super powers and leads the way to the magic tree in magic fuckletuck land. Yawn.

Bad story, bad characters and bad acting makes every scene Bran is in from Season 3 and 4 an absolute cringefest. The biggest major flaw in an otherwise spectacular show.

At least we get a break from that fucking douchebag in Season 5.

Season 4 spoilers for JB:

I love how Bran thought that he led the group beyond the wall, got them kidnapped, put Hodor through insane amounts of physical labor, almost had Meera raped, battled zombie's and got Jojen KILLED just so he could walk again.

Fucking really dude?

I hate Jojen and Meera so fucking much from the show that I can't judge them fairly in the books.

If I tried though, Meera is alright. But Jojen is still fucking shit. I don't see how you can like his character. He seemed like a random dumb way to move Bran's plot forward in the show, but it came off nearly just as stupid in the books to me.

Some random fucking creepy kid has super powers and leads the way to the magic tree in magic fuckletuck land. Yawn.

Bad story, bad characters and bad acting makes every scene Bran is in from Season 3 and 4 an absolute cringefest. The biggest major flaw in an otherwise spectacular show.

At least we get a break from that fucking douchebag in Season 5.

jojen really wasnt random. he was the son of howland who was ned starks best friend and only survivor of the fight at the tower of joy. howland sent jojen and meera to winterfell.

as for bran he doesnt annoy me in the books as much as the show, plus i think the payoff beyond the wall is pretty cool and has a couple of cool scenes that would play well on tv if they would bring back characters and had an actor for bran that could act.

I found the big Dance with Dragons hardcover at a library book sale for 25 ¢ents !!

Reading Storm of Swords now.

wow what a deal

I am half way through Storm of Swords.

I have only watched the 1st 3 seasons of the HBO series, so I am spoiler-free for here on out :awesome:

George RR Martin

Axl Rose

Jari Mäenpää

I imagine you're so used to waiting that you jump on the longest line at the grocery store by force of habit.

Well I wanted to finish AFFC and ADWD before Season 5 started but that's not going to happen. I never have time to read anymore.

Sucks because I wanted to experience the source material first and this is my last chance to do so. Oh well.

Well I wanted to finish AFFC and ADWD before Season 5 started but that's not going to happen. I never have time to read anymore.

Sucks because I wanted to experience the source material first and this is my last chance to do so. Oh well.

you gave it a good run the ASOFIAF series starting from the beginning is just a massive undertaking since they are so fucking big. from the casting leaks and information on the net it seems like a lot of characters and some big storylines from AAFC and ADWD will be cut. im guessing to squeeze 2 massive books into 10 1 hour episodes the show will continue to veer away from the books which im happy about since martin is taking his sweet ass time writing them.

Making my way thru A Feast for Crows.

That very last scene in A Storm of Swords was just too wacky! :awesome:

how do you like it so far?

Making my way thru A Feast for Crows.

That very last scene in A Storm of Swords was just too wacky! :awesome:

how do you like it so far?
I'm pretty sucked-in to the series at this stage.

So, I'm reading whenever I have spare time.

I like the Jamie and the cersei chapters best, but really, I'm just dying to get further along in the story. I have no idea what happens next.

Spoiler tags, please, Ragnar.

i just have a bad feeling martin will drop dead before the proper finish to the story can be finished. i would feel better if there was some kind of safety net like in the wheel of time series.