Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

Oh look at that, Drogon melted the throne. It's symbolism you see. The throne caused so much destruction so it had to be destroyed. The same thing that made the throne also unmade it. Get it?

I felt like I was reading an eighth graders theme report come to life this whole episode. I'm sure this would have all been super profound and cool to me if I were still thirteen.

Oh well. It's over now.

luWiQ52.jpg

NXoWxzP.jpg

Maybe everyone is reacting so badly cause it's sinking in that it's really over.  This TV show that thrilled us and entertained us for years is done.  We're never gonna get to see anymore.   I'm sad.

I think HBO have the prequels in development and Martin has a new Ice and Fire book? I guess that’s why they fudged the ending. It’s never ending. It would have been cool to put the Dragon girl on the throne as that was the momentum of the show I felt. But I only watched the first season then a few Dragon ones. I mean to me it’s a show about dragons. I read most of the books. Skipping on to the Tyrion chapters. But that’s the lesson. Everyone thinks everything’s so Important and a kid grows up to have run at it. Enjoy yourself it’s later than you think. 

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Maybe everyone is reacting so badly cause it's sinking in that it's really over.  This TV show that thrilled us and entertained us for years is done.  We're never gonna get to see anymore.   I'm sad.

imagine getting upset over some gay wizards and dragons show when you're pushing 50

17 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

Season 8 - The Chinese Democracy of the entire series

Weiss and Benioff wish.

i watched the clip of goblina stark killing the shite king after hearing god knows how many celebrities talk about it on the late shows

that's your big epic antagonist kill?

it looked like something out of a cheap made for tv production

truly awful show

I think it just didn’t end as it was made. There was one character who got his junk cut off. He must be pissed the writers went all Disney at the end. 

was it branded? I feel like the Starbucks cup was an ad. It’s a two second thing to blot it out. 

Edited by wasted

32 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

imagine getting upset over some gay wizards and dragons show when you're pushing 50

Imagine being such a sad miserable cunt that you come crawling back to a web forum after being banned for posting pictures of an anus and you're barely in your 20s.   Really taking life by the balls there, pal.

Fucking useless, annoying cunt Bran Stark became the king of Westeros. Unfuckingbelievable. So shit :lol::facepalm:

7 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Imagine being such a sad miserable cunt that you come crawling back to a web forum after being banned for posting pictures of an anus and you're barely in your 20s.   Really taking life by the balls there, pal.

the paranoid delusions common in early onset alzheimers

soon you'll be yelling at a nurse for the shitbucket

So Jon kills Dany, her entire army made of dothraki(who seemingly got resurrected after episode 3) savages and the unsullied who had an undying, fanatical loyalty to her decided to let the murderer's family decide the fate of her killer. And instead of going batshit insane and murdering all of them and fighting to the death in the city, decide just to get on a boat(which they only got on because of their loyalty to Dany) and fuck off to wherever. The entire dothraki army were Dany's bloodriders, bloodriders avenge the death of their Khal and then kill themselves to be buried with them, but no they just fuck off on a boat. Also funny Jaime and Cersei could have just moved 20 feet in any direction and lived....

Well, the Dothraki are basically a metaphor for Muslims.   Woke HBO isn't about to show Muslims in a poor light these days; that would be crimethink,

Besides, weren't ALL the Dothraki killed in the first charge against the White Walkers?   Eh.  Who cares.

5 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Well, the Dothraki are basically a metaphor for Muslims.   Woke HBO isn't about to show Muslims in a poor light these days; that would be crimethink,

Besides, weren't ALL the Dothraki killed in the first charge against the White Walkers?   Eh.  Who cares.

They supposedly died fighting the white walkers but there were a shitload of them in the last episode. When Jon went to see Dany(giving her Stalin speech) you see a bunch of them. You also see a bunch of them loading their horses onto boats when Jon sees Greyworm.

It started off as a good drinking show. There were playboy dwarves, maidens, beer and dragons. But then that skinny evil king boy started cutting off tongues and nuts. You’d be chugging a bottle and suddenly it cuts to some torture scene. Not cool. 

Dani (speaking to everyone, Jon Snow standing right there): The war isn't over! We're going literally everywhere!

Jon Snow (defending Dani to Tyrion, like 5 minutes later): The war is over!

Absolute fucking brainlet.

I'm about to watch the last new episode of Game of Thrones.  I've already read most of the spoilers already, by choice.  

Although it's supposed to feel like I'm savoring it... it doesn't feel that way at all.  

I know plenty of people have died that were important in previous seasons, but it just seems like the deaths meant more.  This season, it's like they're crossing off a list.  Sure, characters are going to die in major battles.  But I dunno man, damn, each death felt hollow and lame.  Except Missandei and Lyana Mormont- thank god they got killed off.  But all these characters dying in cheap storytelling ways.  Like... the show has invested 8 fucking seasons for some of them and major screentime.  And they just die with zero satisfactory resolution of their arc.  Cersei hides in the castle, and... that's it.  Jamie survives multiple organ stabs and... he hugs his sister and they die in rocks.  Jorah Mormont... shaking my damn head.  That's it?  That's what we got?  

I knew the Hound didn't have a chance, but damn... I didn't want him to go out like that.  I guess that might be the least complain-aboutable death, but man, I was hoping he would kill his brother, and then live out his life.  Just because he had some of the best lines in the show.  

Here's the bottom line.  I just think anyone could've done a better job.  Even most of you assholes.  

5 hours ago, magisme said:

Dani (speaking to everyone, Jon Snow standing right there): The war isn't over! We're going literally everywhere!

Jon Snow (defending Dani to Tyrion, like 5 minutes later): The war is over!

Absolute fucking brainlet.

Jon: She's not her father...

Dany did exactly what her father wanted to do... Fucking retard.