Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

Clash of Kings is a really good book.

It's actually very different from the 1st book in my opinion.

A lot less action (so far), but not boring.

I guess it's a classic 'book 2,' or Act 2, where it's all about politics, and less about introducing the characters or climactic battles, akin to Tolkien's Two Towers.

I guess it's a classic 'book 2,' or Act 2, where it's all about politics, and less about introducing the characters or climactic battles, akin to Tolkien's Two Towers.

i think clash of kings is similar to a feast for crows, it is more political and moving certain pieces into play to what builds up to the last 2 books of the series.

rumors going around that martin wants the winds of winter out by the end of 2015, we will see if that is true or not but it better be im fucking going through withdrawls. i bought the first three books of "malazan book of the fallen"  series so might give that a go until the next a song of ice and fire book comes out(or the next stormlight archive book)

i cant quote my favorite quote because it would be a spoiler, but i can quote some other stannis quotes :lol:

her own father got this child on her? we are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. this is not kings landing

I`m reading A Storm of Swords, 15 chapters in, amazing volume, as good as AGOT and ACOK are,  ASOS is much better and all-around stronger. My only grievance is Sansa, her POVs bore me to tears.

I'm really liking A Feast For Crows so far (5 chapters in).

good to hear. AFFC is my second favorite i just love the political intrigue of the book. from listening to people and reading online posts this book is the most divisive of the series. its either you hate it or love it and there is really no middle ground.

Yo, Bran, have you read The World of Ice And Fire ? a prequel to ASOIAF series as far as I know it was n`t written by GRRM and it`s not a good book it has mixed to negative reviews.

Yo, Bran, have you read The World of Ice And Fire ? a prequel to ASOIAF series as far as I know it was n`t written by GRRM and it`s not a good book it has mixed to negative reviews.

i havent read it yet but i will soon, my younger brother in florida bought it for me for christmas, so i should be getting it soon. i have heard a lot of mixed things as well which worries me a bit to be honest. i do love the dunk and egg novels by martin though those are really interesting to get some backstory on some of of the families. it takes place about 100 years before ASOIAF.

i havent read it yet but i will soon, my younger brother in florida bought it for me for christmas, so i should be getting it soon. i have heard a lot of mixed things as well which worries me a bit to be honest. i do love the dunk and egg novels by martin though those are really interesting to get some backstory on some of of the families. it takes place about 100 years before ASOIAF.

Ir was written by the owners of ASOIAF fan forum in consultation with Martin I don`t intend to read it. I will read the Dunk And Egg novels for sure.

Fantasy never has been my favourite genre but Georgie dragged me in, damn the bugger.

Ir was written by the owners of ASOIAF fan forum in consultation with Martin I don`t intend to read it. I will read the Dunk And Egg novels for sure.

Fantasy never has been my favourite genre but Georgie dragged me in, damn the bugger.

you might also want to check out "the chronicles of black company" it is fantasy but in the vein of martin where the world is much more gritty and dark. the book series follows a company of mercenaries, the book series spans about 4 decades of this groups 500 years of existence. a lot of death and chaos ensues. 

you might also want to check out "the chronicles of black company" it is fantasy but in the vein of martin where the world is much more gritty and dark. the book series follows a company of mercenaries, the book series spans about 4 decades of this groups 500 years of existence. a lot of death and chaos ensues. 

I will. Thanks bro.

What about Mists of Avalon?

That seems to be an enduring classic.

I'll read that some day.

That books seems to be in everyone's library.

tumblr_mkz68mJaqL1qf325lo2_250.gif

is that about king arthur? i have heard of it but never read it.

What about Mists of Avalon?

That seems to be an enduring classic.

I'll read that some day.

That books seems to be in everyone's library.

tumblr_mkz68mJaqL1qf325lo2_250.gif

is that about king arthur? i have heard of it but never read it.

Yes. It's the Arthurian legend re-told in the Lord of the Rings style... 876 pages.