Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

Dany basically went Tommy Wiseau at the end of the room but killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people instead of herself. 

53 minutes ago, bran said:

Dany basically went Tommy Wiseau at the end of the room but killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people instead of herself. 

LOL. I'm literally laughing. 

Cleganebowl was the only good scene in the whole episode. The Hound died like a boss.

Fucking Mountain looked like Varys on steroids :lol:

4 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Cleganebowl was the only good scene in the whole episode. The Hound died like a boss.

Fucking Mountain looked like Varys on steroids :lol:

It felt like a rip-off of this 

It feels like there is 3 seasons missing before this season. Nothing makes any sense.

2 hours ago, bran said:

It feels like there is 3 seasons missing before this season. Nothing makes any sense.

HBO and the executives wanted more seasons, and actually wanted this season to be 13 episodes. The showrunners are eager to get the show done so they can work on Star Wars so they rushed the ending.

It's funny

After the night king episode, fans of that storyline were complaining (correctly) that it pretty much made the preceding 7 seasons redundant

Fans not invested in the story mocked them for being wrong or not understanding it.

Then when Dany went mad Queen and Jaime ended up with Cersei those same fans were complaining (largely correctly) that it invalidated the preceding storyline.  (a case can be made that Dany's storyline was just poorly rushed at the end though)

So now we have the following characters whose storyline has been irreparably damaged, thus significantly damaging the entire show

- The Night King

- Daenerys 

- Jaime Lannister

- Cersei

- Bran

- Jon Snow

Just about the only character whose arc was handled correctly (though not without its own faults) is the Hound

What a clusterfuck 

1 hour ago, GNR444 said:

Does anyone know where I can live stream the final episode? 

You can get hbo go or hbo now or whatever for a free trial and watch on your phone

Or DL from piratebay

Or get cable :GoT: 

I watched the first season years ago but I haven't watched any more since then. Been waiting for the show to end so I can binge the whole thing but I hear the later seasons aren't very good.

19 minutes ago, Alex Trebek said:

is this shit finally over

Yes, thank god.

I was hoping Cardi was gonna save the day like he did for me for Breaking Bad :( (giving me the live stream lol)

oh well, still saw the ending. The leaks were right. 

I'm glad I never read the leaks. 

I usually hate everything, and I've been bitching since season 7 about how godawful the writing has been.....but.....

I loved it.

I can't believe it ended so happily.   I was bracing myself to see all my favorite characters die a gruesome death cause GoT is all about "shock value," but they all lived happily ever after.  What can I say?  I'm just a big softie.  I loved it.