Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

I read the books but watching the show it’s sll about Tyrion. He needs a spin off show. The most comely. 

"On the off-chance that we survive the Night King,

what if the Seven Kingdoms,

for once in their whole shit history, 💩

were ruled by a just woman, and an honorable man?"

—Davos Seaworth

Tell me you guys weren't thinking about GNFNR when he said this?

Fuck this show.

i gave up on it after season 2 but my wife enjoys it so I kept watching. 

The big battle episode 2 weeks ago was good, I enjoyed it but last night was back to the same

”I need to look away from this train wreck of a show because everything about it is so bad”

who writes this bs? Adolescent boys? 

And dont forget about the Starbucks cup on the table...

A badass villain like the Night King was caught in a trap like a gullible 12 year old and killed by a knife thrust ? Don't fucking insult our intelligence.

I'm trying to like it for what it is because Ive invested so much time into the show, but I cannot believe this season so far

FUCK THIS SHOW. None of this shit makes any kind of sense and it is so rushed that is makes Boardwalk Empire seem complete in comparison. Just a couple of things off my head.

- Night King and his undead army has the game won, he has Bran dead to rights and he slowly walks up to a cripple in a wheel chair and gets shanked by Arya, where the fuck was she? How did she sneak through an army of undead. The others are intelligent beings yet she just sneaks through thousands of them

- How does two dragons with a birds eye view for miles and miles around miss a whole fleet of ships?

- 3 Scorpion crossbows can kill a big ass dragon brought back to life through magic, a whole volley of them misses the bigger dragon.

- Missandei kidnapped off screen...how?

- Bronn literally saved Jaime's life, named his kid after Tyrion walks into Winterfell with a huge crossbow and threatens to kill both of them if they don't meet his demands.

- Jaime, Brienne, and Tyrion drinking and making a joke about Tyrion's first wife. You know the woman that Tywin had raped and made Tyrion take a turn at the end. Told Tyrion she was a whore that didn't love him, when she actually wasn't a whore and she did love him. That whole situation is why Tyrion kills Tywin after Tywin tells Tyrion she went where wherever whores go.

- Dany just going to go nuts in the span of 2 or 3 episodes.

Also Fuck GRR Martin for not finishing the books and leaving us with this shit.

11 hours ago, maynard said:

Jon is now whipped by his girlfriend and he needs his two sisters to open his eyes. From hero to cuck. Arya is the most powerful being in the whole kingdom now.

They don't show sex or gore anymore. GoT Light.

Euron Greyjoy is a cartoon character who discovered after centuries that scorpions are great weapons.

Cersei just drinks with a disgusted face.

This series had villains like Geoffrey and Ramsay. Now they have drunk Cersei and horny Pirate.

Night King had nothing to say, he just didn't like Bran much. All the other night creatures on horses that appeared at the end of a season were all nobodies. They couldn't notice Arya.

This is probably the worst ending to a series I have ever watched.

Euron Greyjoy is a horny Jack Sparrow, that is his character in this show. In the book he is a terrifying character and as close to a pure evil character you get in A Song of Ice and Fire. 

2 hours ago, bran said:

Missandei kidnapped off screen...how?

The more important question is, who gives a shit about Missandei :lol: ?

She was just a fourth rate character in the books, On the upside, Brienne is no more a virgin :lol:

Also don't worry, these two dipshits will be writing the new Star Wars movies when they are done with Game of Thrones lol.

Meh. I liked the episode for what it was I guess. The death of Rhaegel was very anti climactic, but that isn't a surprise at this point. So far this season seems to be anticlimactic death after anticlimactic death. Only one I've thought was done well was Lyanna's, and she was just a bit character. I guess Edd's was good in terms of shock factor. Then we got Theon dying for a half dead retarded vegetable when if he had just waited another minute, the main antagonist would have been taken out by Arya Ex Machina, and Jorah somehow managing to fend off all those Wights by himself; in a similar vein, apparently the Wights have forgotten how to murder, since it seems like most of the main cast spent a good two thirds of the episode being overwhelmed by them but still somehow managed to survive.

And in this past episode, in addition to Rhaegel, we get Missandei being beheaded after being captured off screen... Somehow. All these character we've gotten to know for 70 episodes and their deaths have been so hollow, I didn't really feel anything when most died. The writing team definitely phoned it in, at least it's being performed well for the most part, but good god. Can't even imagine how the long time book readers are feeling, knowing that this is likely going to be the only type of conclusion they get for their beloved series. What the heck was up with Bronn, by the way? Seems like the same scene could have been accomplished without him acting totally out of character toward the Lannister brothers. Maybe I just missed something, but sheesh, I didn't see the need for him to punch Tyrion and nearly shoot Jaime.

Also, gotta love how the same show that inserted unnecessary rape scenes (Daenerys and Drogo, Jaime and Cersei in S4 - if I understand right, neither was rape in the books?) is now acting like its always been about strong, empowered women and how Jon is now unable to act without their insight and it seems all of the plots and characters revolve around them and their actions now. Funny how Varys seems like the only one not completely neutered at this point.

Just chiming in on the Euron thing real quick. I'm not a reader of the books, I do enjoy reading in general but the books themselves weren't my cup of tea when I tried them, just not a fan of Martin's writing style I guess, I might try to read them again in the future though. That being said, I do love to read about the lore, the history and its world building, and I find the characters and plot itself interesting. Even though I haven't read to that point in the series, I am also pretty disappointed with how Euron is portrayed in the show. I feel like they took a very interesting character and made him a stereotypical bad guy pirate caricature (horny, drunk, just an all around degenerate), so much that I'd almost prefer they didn't write him into the show, like they did with the Aegon plot which I'm also very interested in seeing unfold eventually. I do think the actor does an alright performance with what he's given, which makes me like the TV version in a particular way, but not in a "Wow, I'm blown away by what a well written villain this is!" I'd compare my liking of TV Euron to liking a main antagonist in an old Rockstar Games plot: They're the kind of a mustache twirling evil bad guy that you can only like in a "Love to hate" way because they don't have any redeeming features or depth to them, and you like the performance okay enough, but the main appeal is that you're looking forward to watching them die at some point.

One more thing: That whole "Prince Who Was Promised" thing is abandoned now, isn't it?

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

Minus the stronk women stuff, the first two episodes were pretty good. 3 was fun until they completely botched the dragons (people shielding themselves from dragon fire with lol stone walls), the Night King's death (just about the clumsiest Deus ex machina you'll ever see), and the death toll (exactly zero main characters get killed). Episode 4 is mostly Dragon Cunt being a cunt and John Snow being a pussy, and the Golden Boy fucking the Golden Beast.

Sansa Stark is now the best character on the show. Kind of a stretch that this is who she became though.

The writers don't give a shit anymore, after 8 years, and after being told they're gonna be writing billion dollar movies. They figure, fuck it, we're getting paid no matter what we write, and people are gonna watch it cause it's Game of Thrones. It's a mixture of laziness, emotional doneness, and basically, financially, they're leaving the old tired wife for the hot new mistress (Star Wars).