Broskirose

Game of Thrones & ASOIAF Discussion

Discuss the HBO show Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire, the series of books which they are based on.

2qsvz14.jpg

I'm currently reading the third book A Storm of Swords and thoroughly enjoying it.

Yes, this thread is Bran-bait.

I enjoyed the first two books, but wait until you get to book three man. I'm on the tail end of it. Haven't been able to read as much as I've wanted to lately, but I'm savoring every chapter.

It can get kind of confusing. I have a document on my computer just keeping tabs on all kinds of shit. It's a huge world with so many characters. Try to avoid the wiki. Write down your questions and you'll eventually find the answers most likely on your own. The wiki's are full of spoilers no matter how hard you try to avoid.

sorry i didnt see this thread earlier :lol:

yes the internet is dark and full of spoilers :P

a storm of swords is my absolute favorite, the book just never lets up on you, it is just one big event after another. the next two books a feast for crows and a dance with dragons seems like a rebuild up of the story similar to a game of thrones and a clash with kings, it is really setting up for the next two books. with everything being said the winds of winter is going to see a boatload of dead characters.

Still haven't started the books but I need to. But I think by not reading the books leaves a little more mystique to watching the show, especially if you don't know what's going to happen beforehand. 

I'll get to the first few books soon though just to compare differences and similarities. 

Still haven't started the books but I need to. But I think by not reading the books leaves a little more mystique to watching the show, especially if you don't know what's going to happen beforehand. 

I'll get to the first few books soon though just to compare differences and similarities. 

youre pretty much good to read the first 3 books now. you might get some small spoilers of things that havent happened yet that got pushed back but for the most part everything in those 3 books already happened in the show.

No Bran & company in Season 5 confirmed!

It's already on track to be the best season of the show. Fuck that asshole and his shitty wig.

No Bran & company in Season 5 confirmed!

It's already on track to be the best season of the show. Fuck that asshole and his shitty wig.

his story in the books are much better if you read the dunk and egg novels and get some of the back story for some of the situations bran encounters.

but i think his story in the book is more compelling to me anyway.

i would make a joke but im not sure how far everyone is in the books and i dont want to spoil anything  :(

i think tyrion should die as well, he has done some horrible things. thats why i love the books no real white and black characters, they are all various shades of grey.

i think tyrion should die as well, he has done some horrible things. thats why i love the books no real white and black characters, they are all various shades of grey.

What horrible things has he done ? saved King`s Landing from Stannis ? or protected weak and defenceless Sansa ? yes, she was stupid  she was  as much to blame for Ned`s downfall as Joffrey and Cersei but she was still a child and did n`t deserve how they treated her. He was more decent and humane than his father and siblings.

I need to get back to reading ASOS. Haven't in weeks.

I can't recall any "horrible" thing Tyrion did. If anything I think he's just more realistic given the world they live in.

I know one of the things that gets brought up is that he killed the singer, but honestly what else was he supposed to do? The guy blackmailed him and Tyrion game him every opportunity in the world but the guy wasn't getting it.

Other than that I guess you're a little more aware of the fact that he wants Sansa, but they allude to it in the show and it's only more clear in the book because you're reading his point of view.

What horrible things has he done ? saved King`s Landing from Stannis ? or protected weak and defenceless Sansa ? yes, she was stupid  she was  as much to blame for Ned`s downfall as Joffrey and Cersei but she was still a child and did n`t deserve how they treated her. He was more decent and humane than his father and siblings.

have you read all the books? i dont want to spoil things but in later books(a storm of swords on) he does some pretty bad things.

have you read all the books? i dont want to spoil things but in later books(a storm of swords on) he does some pretty bad things.

No, I`m reading A Clash of Kings.

oh good i didnt want to spoil anything :lol: later in the books i think they make his character a much grayer character, especially compared to the show. maybe me saying he should die is a little harsh, but in later books he does do some things that make it harder to root for him, but in the end it makes the character more real IMO.

Reading Clash of Kings now.

Stannis' character is so much more fleshed-out than in the show.

Also, Rickon is so much more prominent. I barely noticed him on the HBO series.

I haven't done any reading in weeks. I seriously need to pick these books back up again.

About Stannis, I was honestly disappointed about his book portrayal. The way book readers went on about him I thought he'd be some awesome badass, but instead he just fucking whines about how everyone slights him. He's like the fucking :axl: of Westeros.

I haven't done any reading in weeks. I seriously need to pick these books back up again.

About Stannis, I was honestly disappointed about his book portrayal. The way book readers went on about him I thought he'd be some awesome badass, but instead he just fucking whines about how everyone slights him. He's like the fucking :axl: of Westeros.

stannis becomes awesome and badass at the end of storms and in a dance with dragons. i cannot stand his tv show counterpart i swear they should just CGI some devil horns on him.