John Bonham

Axl Rose manager says GNR reunion will happen in the next 2 yrs

Axl-Rose-and-Slash-axl-rose-and-slash-10707689-450-350.jpg

Duswalt says he and the rest of the old-school GNR camp think Axl and Slash are closer than ever before to patching things up, mostly because original Guns bassist Duff McKagan has recently played onstage with Guns N’ Roses, and Duswalt says they’re hoping McKagan will be an ambassador of sorts.

“Duff is paving the way to open the gates again,” says Duswalt. “Axl and Duff are really getting along well at the concerts, so there’s an opening.”

Duswalt says Duff stepping in to cover for present-day Guns bassist Tommy Stinson while the latter’s playing a few shows with The Replacements was the first glimmer of hope in a long time. “About five years ago, Slash went to Axl’s house one day, and Axl didn’t want to see him,” says Duswalt. “We [had] thought for a while, ‘yes’ [a reunion could happen], but then it just got ugly again and we thought, ‘There’s no way.’”

The crux of the issue between Axl and Slash has always been a mystery to civilians, including even diehard Guns fans. Duswalt tells ABC News Radio, “It was a thing that happened at the end of [use Your Illusion],” meaning there was a specific incident that precipitated the split.

“There were also the differences in music,” Duswalt adds, “like Slash wanted to do more hard-rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads. There was that difference, but there was a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.”

Duswalt says when it comes to Axl and Slash, he knows “for a fact they hate each other right now. It’s bad. Axl is a loyal guy and you get on his bad side and some people don’t come back, but Slash and him were so close. We [in the old-school Guns camp] all have a feeling it will happen. It’s gonna happen in the next two years…there’s an opening because of Duff playing with Axl.”

Full article here: http://www.hayspost.com/2014/06/04/kfix-rock-news-axl-roses-ex-manager-says-guns-n-roses-reunion-will-happen-in-the-next-two-years/

Okay ya got me. Mind was blown when I read the title. When i read the title, I thought that "Axl Rose manager" meant Team Brazil. Then I read the opening post. You slickster, you, JB.

However, there is the matter of someone who has no connection with Axl whatsoever anymore just suddenly floating the idea that because Duff played 6 gigs with GnR, that will somehow pave the way to some sort of magical reconciliation and subsequent reunion? Are you fucking kidding me? Let's not forget, Duff has guested with nuGnR before. Why wasn't he some grand ambassador back then? Duswalt is overstating Duff's diplomatic role. As Slash himself recently said, Duff's relationship with Axl is different than his. Look how vibrant and enthusiastic Slash is about his upcoming solo album. Slash still has the need to establish himself as distinct and separate from GnR. He doesn't mind being associated with the GnR of yore, but on the other hand you can visibly see him irritated when ignoramuses ask him about GnR as if he's still connected to its current form in some way.

Oh and the last few lines are hilarious: "but Slash and him were so close. We [in the old-school Guns camp] all have a feeling it will happen. It’s gonna happen in the next two years…there’s an opening because of Duff playing with Axl.” Hahahaha! Like I said, hasn't Duff already played with Axl before? For christsakes, he sounds just like some of the dumbasses on GnR message boards who spout reunion baloney every time Duff or Izzy plays a gig with nuGnR, or every time Bumble makes a passive aggressive statement. I can't make this shit up; it's documented. Although some easily forget.

The truth is Duswalt doesn't know shit. Oh he's "got a feeling" it's gonna happen, does he? Gimme a fuckin break. He might as well be DJ bullshitting us about new music and working on songs. What a joke. The bottom line is any partial reunion will be a temporary thing. There won't be a tour, there won't be an album, Axl and Slash won't go on tour together. For fuck's sake, let's come back to reality here, can we? At the MOST, and this is the longest of longshots, Slash might play with the band like Duff and Izzy have for a gig or two. And then everyone can sing kumbaya and be merry and rejoice at Guns n Olive Branches. But if I'm not mistaken, Axl wants a public apology from the Slashster. Right? Am I right? Somehow I just 'have the feeling' that ain't gonna fuckin happen.

Also, major lulz at Duswalt saying how close they were. Hahaha! There are multiple sources to contradict that. You know I'm right. From Axl saying that Slash took Axl's tape out and put his in back in the day (and Axl also saying they've been fighting that battle from day one), to Slash calling Axl his nemesis in an interview, to an easily-findable MTV thing that reported there was "tension" in the group between the two... in NINETEEN EIGHTY FUCKING NINE. Yeah, those two were real fuckin close, mm hmm, yesiree. Don't drink the Kool Aid, Axl and Slash may have been buddies, but they weren't as tight as this Duswalt dumbfuck has deluded himself into believing. They may eventually make peace, but that's about it.

And furthermore, fuck Slash, bring back Adler. :driving:

Also, major lulz at Duswalt saying how close they were. Hahaha! There are multiple sources to contradict that. You know I'm right. From Axl saying that Slash took Axl's tape out and put his in back in the day (and Axl also saying they've been fighting that battle from day one), to Slash calling Axl his nemesis in an interview, to an easily-findable MTV thing that reported there was "tension" in the group between the two... in NINETEEN EIGHTY FUCKING NINE. Yeah, those two were real fuckin close, mm hmm, yesiree. Don't drink the Kool Aid, Axl and Slash may have been buddies, but they weren't as tight as this Duswalt dumbfuck has deluded himself into believing. They may eventually make peace, but that's about it.

:lol:

Yeah, good summation. This guy is just running his mouth.

Yeah, who is this guy and why does he think he knows more than some fans on a message board?

Versus you guys who have never once dealt with him or any other members of the band, or their friends or management teams. Just sayin... If he's too far out of the loop to have a valid opinion, what does that say about any of us?

Versus you guys who have never once dealt with him or any other members of the band, or their friends or management teams. Just sayin... If he's too far out of the loop to have a valid opinion, what does that say about any of us?

We are goofballs passing a slow workday on the internet. We aren't selling our wares, nor granting interviews.

Axl-Rose-and-Slash-axl-rose-and-slash-10

Duswalt says he and the rest of the old-school GNR camp think Axl and Slash are closer than ever before to patching things up, mostly because original Guns bassist Duff McKagan has recently played onstage with Guns N’ Roses, and Duswalt says they’re hoping McKagan will be an ambassador of sorts.

“Duff is paving the way to open the gates again,” says Duswalt. “Axl and Duff are really getting along well at the concerts, so there’s an opening.”

Axl-Rose-and-Slash-axl-rose-and-slash-10

Duswalt says Duff stepping in to cover for present-day Guns bassist Tommy Stinson while the latter’s playing a few shows with The Replacements was the first glimmer of hope in a long time. “About five years ago, Slash went to Axl’s house one day, and Axl didn’t want to see him,” says Duswalt. “We [had] thought for a while, ‘yes’ [a reunion could happen], but then it just got ugly again and we thought, ‘There’s no way.’”

The crux of the issue between Axl and Slash has always been a mystery to civilians, including even diehard Guns fans. Duswalt tells ABC News Radio, “It was a thing that happened at the end of [use Your Illusion],” meaning there was a specific incident that precipitated the split.

“There were also the differences in music,” Duswalt adds, “like Slash wanted to do more hard-rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads. There was that difference, but there was a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.”

Duswalt says when it comes to Axl and Slash, he knows “for a fact they hate each other right now. It’s bad. Axl is a loyal guy and you get on his bad side and some people don’t come back, but Slash and him were so close. We [in the old-school Guns camp] all have a feeling it will happen. It’s gonna happen in the next two years…there’s an opening because of Duff playing with Axl.”

Full article here: http://www.hayspost.com/2014/06/04/kfix-rock-news-axl-roses-ex-manager-says-guns-n-roses-reunion-will-happen-in-the-next-two-years/

*former manager

they're HOPING

Slash went to Axl house in 2005 so even this 2014 article is incorrect as fuck, lol

and yeah within 2 years...

sure

Yes, and Kennedy`s alive.

I saw him 3 days ago, he sings quite annoyingly but the show was decent :CoolFace:

Even at a gunpioint you could n`t force me to sit through two hours of Myles Kennedy yelp.

Yes, and Kennedy`s alive.

I saw him 3 days ago, he sings quite annoyingly but the show was decent :CoolFace:

Even at a gunpioint you could n`t force me to sit through two hours of Myles Kennedy yelp.

how about an RPG?

Okay ya got me. Mind was blown when I read the title. When i read the title, I thought that "Axl Rose manager" meant Team Brazil. Then I read the opening post. You slickster, you, JB.

However, there is the matter of someone who has no connection with Axl whatsoever anymore just suddenly floating the idea that because Duff played 6 gigs with GnR, that will somehow pave the way to some sort of magical reconciliation and subsequent reunion? Are you fucking kidding me? Let's not forget, Duff has guested with nuGnR before. Why wasn't he some grand ambassador back then? Duswalt is overstating Duff's diplomatic role. As Slash himself recently said, Duff's relationship with Axl is different than his. Look how vibrant and enthusiastic Slash is about his upcoming solo album. Slash still has the need to establish himself as distinct and separate from GnR. He doesn't mind being associated with the GnR of yore, but on the other hand you can visibly see him irritated when ignoramuses ask him about GnR as if he's still connected to its current form in some way.

Oh and the last few lines are hilarious: "but Slash and him were so close. We [in the old-school Guns camp] all have a feeling it will happen. It’s gonna happen in the next two years…there’s an opening because of Duff playing with Axl.” Hahahaha! Like I said, hasn't Duff already played with Axl before? For christsakes, he sounds just like some of the dumbasses on GnR message boards who spout reunion baloney every time Duff or Izzy plays a gig with nuGnR, or every time Bumble makes a passive aggressive statement. I can't make this shit up; it's documented. Although some easily forget.

The truth is Duswalt doesn't know shit. Oh he's "got a feeling" it's gonna happen, does he? Gimme a fuckin break. He might as well be DJ bullshitting us about new music and working on songs. What a joke. The bottom line is any partial reunion will be a temporary thing. There won't be a tour, there won't be an album, Axl and Slash won't go on tour together. For fuck's sake, let's come back to reality here, can we? At the MOST, and this is the longest of longshots, Slash might play with the band like Duff and Izzy have for a gig or two. And then everyone can sing kumbaya and be merry and rejoice at Guns n Olive Branches. But if I'm not mistaken, Axl wants a public apology from the Slashster. Right? Am I right? Somehow I just 'have the feeling' that ain't gonna fuckin happen.

And furthermore, fuck Slash, bring back Adler. :driving:

they see me trolling

they hatin'

Whats Mick Wall up to these days ? I have read the stories and the "lies", and all that.. But it's just GNR words against his.. Do we have any source saying that what Mick wrote in the Axl book is'nt true ? 

I'm just asking, cause I'm considering reading it again, and remember him being slayed, but never for any "without a doubt liar" reasons.