• Buckethead
    • Richard Fortus
    • Bumblefoot
    • Dj ASHBA
    • Dave Navarro
    • Gary Sunshine
    • Carlos Booey

Paul Huge? Dj ASHBA? Robin Finck?

Axl Rose has certainly given us plenty of choices.

Here's a quick run-down:

wamvtc.jpg

1. Paul Huge aka Paul Tobias aka Yoko Ono

The man who broke up Guns, was described by Slash as a "bedroom guitarist." Slash hated him, Duff hated him, Matt hated him. Axl put his guitar parts on "Sympathy for the Devil" without asking the rest of the band. Tobias was also bullied by his mates in nuGNR who pushed him out of the band in 2001. Rumored to suffer from Downs Syndrome. Co-wrote "Back Off Bitch" and "Oh My God."

nnjx90.jpg

2. Robin Finck aka Robin Finch

Axl Rose's Slash replacement from 1997 to 1999, before he quit to go back to Nine Inch Nails, and then quit Nine Inch Nails to come back to Guns N' Roses from 2000 to 2007, before quitting again to go back to Nine Inch Nails on the eve of Chinese Democracy's impending release. Finch, or Finck, as he was known back then, was famous for his unconventional Goth/garbage-bag looks, and his long, ugly guitar solos during Axl Rose's frequent urination breaks. Robin did the guitar solo for "This I Love," but has never performed the song live.

3. Buckethead

A robot-obsessed guitar freak who wears a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on his head. Buckethead's solos mostly sound like a very fast blooping noise. Known to moonlight as the genius behind "Triumph the Insult Dog."

iz5e2g.jpg

4. Richard Fortus

Hired for his ability to look like Izzy Stradlin if you squint, Richard has covered Slash's solos professionally for 3 touring bands (so far): Guns N' Roses, Rihanna and the Dead Daisies. Richard has been in GNR for 12 years, and has not yet written a song for them, or appeared on an official release.

11jlrwg.jpg

5. Bumblefoot aka Coverfoot aka Ron Thal aka Ronald Blumenthal

The worst thing to happen to Guns N' Roses since Grunge was invented, Bumblefoot is known for his lame sense of humor and his tasteless guitar solos. When Ron isn't whining on Facebook and Twitter about how much he hates his job with GNR, you can find him hawking his line of hot sauces (really), verbally attacking fans on Mygnr, or shredding during "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." Ron has many bad guitar solos on Chinese Democracy, but the most egregious is his train-wreck playing on "Catcher in the Rye." Ron has been employed by Axl Rose for 8 years and has yet to write a song with him.

8256897526_e0217ab84a_z.jpg

6. Dj ASHBA

Fired from Hot Topic for stubbing-out cigarettes on a Lion King Bobble-head, Dj ASHBA is now employed by Axl Rose as his main guitarist. Dj once got a police officer fired when he ran his mouth like a little girl. Loves Dove Hands, hates Clone Bands (literally). There is nothing Dj won't do for his fake fanbase of fake Twitter accounts.

827544.jpg

7. Dave Navarro

The Jane's Addiction axe man joined GNR briefly in 1999. For some reason, it didn't work out. Brian May was also tried out during this period, as was Axl Rose's guitar instructor. Dave's playing on Jane's Addiction's first two albums was the stuff of legend. His work on "Oh My God" has been described as "forgettable; non-existent."

20rzls.jpg

8. Gary "Big Food" Sunshine

Axl Rose's guitar instructor (seriously).

14934a9.jpg

9. Carlos Booey

Axl Rose's gardener. Recruited to play guitar on "Look at Your Game Girl," a Charles Manson cover, hidden track on 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Supposedly, Axl Rose has an entire album full of Carlos Booey tracks up-his-sleeve and ready-to-go. Booey's approach to the instrument has been called both "mind-blowing" and "muy, muy mediocre."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOST loved one? Easy! FRANK RICHARDS

Not just as a guitar, but as a songwriter.

John Bonham your bios are the best :lol:

6. Dj ASHBA

Fired from Hot Topic for stubbing-out cigarettes on a Lion King Bobble-head, Dj ASHBA is now employed by Axl Rose as his main guitarist. Dj once got a police officer fired when he ran his mouth like a little girl. Loves Dove Hands, hates Clone Bands. There is nothing Dj won't do for his fake fanbase of fake Twitter accounts.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Dj is the worst guitarist to ever be on a GNR stage. He continuously fucks up the songs, and I don't think he will ever learn how to play them. He barely gets by by dumbing everything down and even then he can't do it, he had to get Replacementfoot to save his ass in some of the solos.

According to Matt, he walked out after a massive argument with Axl - about Slash.

They had been talking in the studio when Paul Huge remarked he had seen Slash play with his band, the Snakepit, on the David Letterman show the previous night and that it had “sounded like shit and looked like shit.”

Says Matt now: “He was just bagging on Slash. I said, 'Listen motherfucker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't fucking say shit about Slash. He's still my friend. You can't even hold a fucking candle to that fucking guy. He's got more talent in his little toe than you, motherfucker, shut up!' And then Axl got in my face. I said, 'You know what, Axl, man? You're fucking smoking crack if you think this band's GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with fucking Paul Huge? Sorry, dude, it ain't gonna sound right. Fucking 'Welcome to the Jungle' without Slash?' [Axl] says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash'. I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't'. We got into a big pissy match; it went onto a bunch of other bullshit for about another 20 minutes. And then he finally said, 'Well, are you gonna fucking quit?' I said, 'No, I don't fucking quit'. And then he said, 'Well, then you're fucking fired.

“Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'What the fuck, man? Just come back in and apologise!' I said, 'Fuck you, Yoko! I'm gone!' And that was it.

I went home to my fucking six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators and my Porsche. I was producing a band called Candlebox at the time, they were living in my house. And I said, 'I just got fired'. They said, 'Ah, fuck he'll call you back', and I said, 'No, not this time'. Cos he'd fired me before but he always called me back. I said, 'No, I don't think so'. And about a month later I got the letter from the lawyers.”

According to Matt, he walked out after a massive argument with Axl - about Slash.

They had been talking in the studio when Paul Huge remarked he had seen Slash play with his band, the Snakepit, on the David Letterman show the previous night and that it had “sounded like shit and looked like shit.”

Says Matt now: “He was just bagging on Slash. I said, 'Listen motherfucker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't fucking say shit about Slash. He's still my friend. You can't even hold a fucking candle to that fucking guy. He's got more talent in his little toe than you, motherfucker, shut up!' And then Axl got in my face. I said, 'You know what, Axl, man? You're fucking smoking crack if you think this band's GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with fucking Paul Huge? Sorry, dude, it ain't gonna sound right. Fucking 'Welcome to the Jungle' without Slash?' [Axl] says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash'. I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't'. We got into a big pissy match; it went onto a bunch of other bullshit for about another 20 minutes. And then he finally said, 'Well, are you gonna fucking quit?' I said, 'No, I don't fucking quit'. And then he said, 'Well, then you're fucking fired.

“Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'What the fuck, man? Just come back in and apologise!' I said, 'Fuck you, Yoko! I'm gone!' And that was it.

I went home to my fucking six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators and my Porsche. I was producing a band called Candlebox at the time, they were living in my house. And I said, 'I just got fired'. They said, 'Ah, fuck he'll call you back', and I said, 'No, not this time'. Cos he'd fired me before but he always called me back. I said, 'No, I don't think so'. And about a month later I got the letter from the lawyers.”

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how hard Axl is willing to torpedo himself just to win an argument. Thanks for posting this!

Lol @ Axl for Paul. I remember at the first fat rio performance how he lavished so much praise in Paul. Then the guy the guy tried to play the easy part in night train and it sounded like a kid at guitar lesson.

Considering he ruined the band, yeah.

Also, Axl technically was a guitarist in GN'R. Let's not forget Beta on Bass.

Yeah. There was actually a 4-man version of GnR in 1999, and Axl was going to be the rhythm guitarist. That's why Gary Sunshine was brought in -- to teach Axl how to play.

Considering he ruined the band, yeah.

Also, Axl technically was a guitarist in GN'R. Let's not forget Beta on Bass.

Yeah. There was actually a 4-man version of GnR in 1999, and Axl was going to be the rhythm guitarist. That's why Gary Sunshine was brought in -- to teach Axl how to play.

1999 band was:

Axl

Dizzy

Chris

Paul

Robin

Josh

Tommy

• 4 months later...