Sign in to follow this  
jackie moon

Exercise and you

I'm getting ready to head out to floor hockey, i play twice a week and run roughly 10-15 km each time out... It's a great way to get significant runs in without it feeling so laborious. I also stop by an apartment building 1-2 times a week and run the stairs (21 floors). Between those efforts and some body weight & kettlebell exercises I've done pretty well over the last few years at keeping shit together... Wondering what other people do to stay active? It really is amazing what a short daily walk or a daily flight of stairs can do for you.

I'm getting ready to head out to floor hockey, i play twice a week and run roughly 10-15 km each time out... It's a great way to get significant runs in without it feeling so laborious. I also stop by an apartment building 1-2 times a week and run the stairs (21 floors). Between those efforts and some body weight & kettlebell exercises I've done pretty well over the last few years at keeping shit together... Wondering what other people do to stay active? It really is amazing what a short daily walk or a daily flight of stairs can do for you.

Those sound like great ideas. I love to exercise, I love to stay active, but I hate going to the gym.

My routine is push-ups and crunches in the morning before I take my shower, and two 15-minute (up-hill) walks per day.

I really need to do more.

when i was in school i found taking 3 floors of stairs vs. elevator on a daily basis made a huge difference, so i think things like 2-15 minute walks are actually pretty good. I often felt like i was not doing enough but then would check my weight or my clothes and realized i was way ahead of where i felt i was.

when i was in school i found taking 3 floors of stairs vs. elevator on a daily basis made a huge difference, so i think things like 2-15 minute walks are actually pretty good. I often felt like i was not doing enough but then would check my weight or my clothes and realized i was way ahead of where i felt i was.

I do all that little stuff, like take the stairs instead of the elevator, or parking in the furthest spot away at the mall.

I do pretty much no exercise at the moment. I'm working too late to walk my dog much lately and that's all I did before.

I haven't put on any weight so I don't care much really. Except for my dog, poor thing.

I do all that little stuff, like take the stairs instead of the elevator, or parking in the furthest spot away at the mall.

I always laugh when I see people circling the parking lot for the closest parking space at the gym. You're there to work out, and you can't walk 20 extra feet?

Anyway, my job keeps me working hard, and recreationally I play racquetball.

I always laugh when I see people circling the parking lot for the closest parking space at the gym. You're there to work out, and you can't walk 20 extra feet?

Yeah, my brother-in-law is always asking me for a ride to the gym. Walk, or ride your bike there dude. :no:

Anyway, my job keeps me working hard, and recreationally I play racquetball.

Are you a builder Matt?

I'm thinking of taking up Judo. I would like to throw people and i love pajamas. It makes a lot of sense.

If i could do it all over again, I would have played Lacrosse in High School and College, because I enjoy beating people with sticks.

I've been picking up running. But that's more of a hobby/meditation-lite. I need to get into more weightlifting or a martial arts class. Something a little more regimented/fascist.

I was going to walk 8 miles today but then I decided not to.

I have to admit I'm officially fat now. I got a spare tire round the middle. Don't need a belt. My belly overhangs like a muffin top now. I feel disgusting.

I started properly excercising and working out for the first time in my life about two months ago. It feels great and I know my metabolism isnt going to stay amazing forever. I joined a gym and go with my friends about 4-5 times a week, doing machines, free weights, cardio. I play basketball 2-3 times a week, hopefully more often now with the weather getting nice.

I just drank a lot of rum and had chocolate cake.

I had some rum and cokes at my moms house. I haven't been exercising lately but dropped below 160 for the first time in like 4 years recently. Whatever I'm doing, it's working. I'm on my feet working all day at a winery at the moment. Nice physical work and I smell alcohol all day. It ain't bad.

Doing a lot of great hikes this Summer --

Mount Manfield in Vermont,

Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire,

Mount Sugarloaf and Mount Grace in Massachusetts.