Slash's new album, "WORLD ON FIRE"

John Bonham

Official press release for new album -- World on Fire --- here:

Slash announces new album and European tour

10252020_854497204565249_7520217007003639134_n.jpg

SLASH and his bandmates Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators will release their new album WORLD ON FIRE on September 15 via SLASH's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa, & Latin America).

The group revealed the cover artwork for WORLD ON FIRE designed by American contemporary artist Ron English today. Featuring the blazing title track as the first single the disc marks SLASH's third solo album and second one with his band featuring MYLES KENNEDY (vocals), BRENT FITZ (drums) and TODD KERNS(bass).

For WORLD ON FIRE, SLASH and his band tapped Michael "Elvis" Baskette (Alter Bridge, Falling In Reverse, Incubus) to produce. Among the 17 songs is an instrumental--a powerful new turn for the band. WORLD ON FIRE is the follow-up to 2012's critically acclaimed Apocalyptic Love which debuted at #4 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and earned SLASH two No. 1 U.S. rock radio hits--his first-ever solo--with 'You're A Lie' and 'Standing In The Sun.' SLASH officially began recording as a solo artist with his self-titled 2010 debut album which employed a different vocalist on each track of his first album including Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie and Myles Kennedy among others.

Following are song titles for WORLD ON FIRE:

'World on Fire'

'Shadow Life'

'Automatic Overdrive'

'Wicked Stone'

'30 Years to Life'

'Bent to Fly'

'Stone Blind'

'Too Far Gone'

'Beneath the Savage Sun'

'Withered Delilah'

'Battleground'

'Dirty Girl'

'Iris of the Storm'

'Avalon'

'The Dissident'

'Safari Inn'

'The Unholy'

WORLD ON FIRE is available four weeks in advance of the UK general release as a Classic Rock Fanpack, which consists of

• The Full Album

• 116 page magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Slash, the band, producer Michael Baskette and cover artist Ron English. A Slash and Myles track-by-track breakdown. Exclusive pictures from the recording sessions as well as a brand new shoot, competition and much more.

• Giant double sided A1 poster

• Metal Pin Badge

Dates are as follows.

Mon 10th Nov Dublin, O2 Arena - IRELAND

Wed 12th Nov Paris, Le Zenith - FRANCE

Sat 15th Nov Basel, St. Jakobshalle - SWITZERLAND

Sun 16th Nov Turin, Palaolimpico ' ITALY

Mon 17th Nov Florence, Mandela Forum ' ITALY

Wed 19th Nov Vienna, Stadthalle ' AUSTRIA

Thu 20th Nov Krakow, Krakow Arena ' POLAND

Sat 22nd Nov Munich, Zenith ' GERMANY

Sun 23rd Nov Cologne, Palladium ' GERMANY

Mon 24th Nov Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall ' THE NETHERLANDS

Wed 26th Nov Brussels, Forest Club ' BELGIUM

Fri 28th Nov Manchester, Phones 4U Arena ' UK

Sat 29th Nov Leeds, Leeds Arena ' UK

Mon 1st Dec Birmingham, LG Arena ' UK

Tue 2nd Dec London, Wembley Arena ' UK

Thu 4th Dec Glasgow, Hydro Arena - UK

Tickets will be available for presale from Wednesday 28th May at 10am (local time) and and on general sale on Friday 30th May at 10am (local time). There are VIP packages available for every date.

http://smarturl.it/slash.tour

EU (ex UK) Sign up to the mailing list before Wednesday May 28 at 10am to gain access to exclusive presale.

Check out the exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary SLASH's 'Real To Reel' at: www.slashonline.com. The innovative online series documented the entire in-studio recording process from the first day of recording to the last; the multi-segment fly-on-the wall series follows Slash and The Conspirators from pre-production at NRG Studios in Los Angeles to Studio Barbarossa in Florida, as they write, play, create and record WORLD ON FIRE from start to finish.

SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators:

http://slashonline.com

http://twitter.com/#!/slash

http://www.facebook.com/Slash

http://www.youtube.com/slash

Source: http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Slash-announces-new-album-and-European-tour&nItemID=80050

Related discussion: http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/22832-slash-2014-tba/page__st__60

1531869_822278747787095_468207977_n.jpg

01. Presents

02. I Wanna Pull Your Hair

03. Rhapsody in B

04. It Puts the Lotion on its Skynard

05. Guiness Stomp

06. Cheap Dick

07. Severe Road Riff

08. Safari Inn

09. Manual Automation

10.You're the Truth

11. Fast Gee Rocks

12. Fuck You

13. Elephantism Rus

14. Noho Blues

15. Music to Murder Your Girlfriend By

16. Gardner St.

17. Dirty Girl

(all working titles, except for one)

Slash's first Tweets regarding the new album:

Start jamming with Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz next week for next record. VERY stoked.

Slash

Working on tunes. Its going to be a cool fucking record, this next one.

Slash

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Yet here I am back in the city of Guns N' Roses’ birth in the earliest stages of the birth of the new Conspirators album. So bizarrely familiar that I have to ask myself what day, week, month or year it is. 2 years ago at this time we were doing this very thing. Slash, Fitzy and I locked in a room without sunlight or even the hint of a window volleying music back and forth to one another until it begins to form a solid arrangement. I think we’ve gotten quite skilled at this. I think we had a knack for it the first time we attempted this 2 years ago. It’s something we’ve all been doing all of our lives. Now we do this together.

The riffs are strong and unrelenting. For my part I find myself referencing John Paul Jones and Bob Daisley. For the uninitiated that would be mean there are hints of Zeppelin and early Ozzy in there but that’s only by my subjective placement within this machine.

It always starts as a living, breathing foundation for Myles Kennedy to do what he does so very well on top. He turns riffs and grooves into songs. He is a magician, an artisan at this as shown on the new Alter Bridge album which is stellar.

I can’t be sure when Myles will actually be in the same room as us. December perhaps? He is on the road. It would seem he is always on the road. Perpetually so. He should be commended for his intense resilience. He has gone from recording studio to the road to recording studio to the road to recording studio to the road ad nauseam for the past almost 4 years. A schedule like this could crush a lesser man. It has crushed me, to be honest. I am still putting myself back together from 3 1/2 years of intense work. This past few months has been the closest to a holiday I’ve ever had.

Over the past 4 years I have been a part of 3 Sinners releases, 2 Slash Albums, a Slash dvd, my solo album plus an EP and the countless shows within all of that. That’s a pretty intense output for such a short time. AND it continues!

After a restful trip to Canada we were in talks to begin pre production in LA for the new Conspirators album. To be honest we had been talking about getting together for about a month before we actually did. Slash is a machine. He was ready to start rehearsing July 26th, the day after the last show of the Apocalyptic Love tour. Management had to remind him that he had an intense schedule of work to promote and support Nothing Left To Fear. Slash and Myles appeared on Conan to play the title track while Slash sat with Conan and chatted as well.

We are currently sitting on about a half an album’s worth of material at the moment. We are still trying to formulate the plan as to where we are going to record the new album. There was a brief time where it looked like we might do it in Vegas which woulda be rad but that didn’t pan out. It looked like we might even go to Florida to do it but I’m not sure where that’s sitting. I would assume that the lion’s share of this record will be recorded in Los Angeles. It would seem weird to do it anywhere else to be honest.

So that brings us to now. The closing of 2013 will find us locked away creating music as it should be.

http://toddkerns.com/blog/?p=312

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have to admit that conceptually I felt that Apocalyptic Love would be a tough act to follow but I can say with all the confidence in the world that we are more than armed and ready. Not only do I feel that the material surpasses Apocalyptic Love I think we are ten times the band we were when that album was recorded.

The material on this album is more serious and more fun at the same time which is a tough balance indeed. The songs are sleazier, tougher and more dangerous. Exactly where I feel most comfortable. We are all very excited to unleash the monster upon you as soon as we can.

We enter the studio early February and will work through the next few months. No plans as to when anything will be finished. It’ll be done when it’s done. I know we all hope to be back out on the road sooner than later but we’ll see.

The next thing I knew I was back in North Hollyweird making myself deaf with my co-Conspirators. At first just the 3 – Slash, Fitz and I…then Elvis and Jeff…and finally…Myles Kennedy.

Now we have been working these songs up since October and they are getting better and stronger every single day. By the time we press the RECORD button in February we will have carved out a nasty machine of Loud, Ugly, Beautiful, Unrelenting RAWK.

I’m excited. I only hope we live up to your high expectations. I think we are going to deliver!

Yes, I’m that confident.

Your loyal and humble servant,

Todd Dammit

ToddKerns.com/Blog

• 3 weeks later...

ace.jpg

Very exciting update from Slash's guitar tech, Ace.

Hey everyone, sorry I know I am not the most prolific poster in social media. It seems between everyone in the band being good at communicating and all the cameras that surround us the album experience is being well documented already and I can just put my nose down in my work, like I enjoy.

Everything is moving along well on the new album. I would have to say this is going to be a very guitar-oriented album, which I am very happy about. Being a part of this full album process has been a blast to watch, from the first days where the guys came in and started jamming on the ideas Slash had prepared to when Myles came in and did vocal harmonies that really started to give the songs their shape. I personally really like some of the tracks we are recording and I can't wait to both listen to this CD myself and of course bring them out to the world on our next tour.

Some fun facts before we go:

Slash has played the Derrig Les Paul this entire process 99% of the time.

The whole album is in Eb standard.

Brent Fitz is a bad ass.

-Ace-

New music from Slash and the band along with another tour. It makes the world a sunny place.

Maybe I am biased, because I am not really a huge Slash fan, and always identified more with Axl. But Slash is doing it wrong. You're not supposed to release new music, you're supposed to tour songs that your band wrote in the 80's, get upset when anybody questions the legitimacy of your bands name and legacy, and fail to promote or do anything exciting with the one new album you released (which by now is going on 5 or 6 years), to the point where the aging fat hair metal crowds sit on their hands when the opening chords to "Sorry" hit.

It doesn't even matter if you don't like Slash's next album, because he'll just make another one in 2016 :Slash2:

I've heard that Woody Allen doesn’t read reviews. One thing he does do, is start a new movie before the previous one comes out.

So he’s already moved on. It blunts the effect of both failure and success. He's about the work, not the money and the fame.

i will definitely get the Slash album.

if not for any other reason,just to support human decency and creativity over Axl's thing.

god damit! be patient! we r trying to re-program axl.. :shane: keep da faith.. we r workin very hard on it in case u didnt notice :CoolFace:

lemmy tell u wot is gonna happen, im gonna fukk off all of ur crap n get married to local guy. then axl is gonna be so hurt that is gonna bring out exceptional music. that was original plan. and that needs to happen. :giggles:

This blog is titled halftime as I am currently in a holding pattern between bass and drums being completed and guitars and vocals firing up. By the time you read this Slash will be in the great state of Florida on day one of recording Gibson Les Pauls through Marshall Amplifiers. Myles Kennedy, currently down under, will be coming ‘up over’ (think about it…give it a minute…), joining the team to do that thing that he do! I will be joining them soon to do that thing that I do as well. It has been a most joyous experience and I can say now, fully invested in every step of this process to this point, that you will not be disappointed. This album rocks. I honestly believe that this record is going to be even better than the last. It has all the elements that I look for in my favorite records. It’s catchy with gnarly riffs and loud as hell. It’s aggressive, confident and not interested in taking any prisoners.

You’ve been warned!

I’ve been essentially living in LA since the fall of 2013. We hunkered down in North Hollywood and began molding clay and chopping wood to build the music you will be rocking out to in mere months from now. We broke for the holidays and then really dug in. Slash, Fitz and myself pulled songs apart, put them back together, pulled them apart again, like we were creating the perfect Frankenstein killing machines. An unholy army of the night. An army of songs to attack senses.

Then the process would begin all over again with the arrival of Myles Kennedy. This can be better. This could be altered to make this melody really pop. More aggressive. More dangerous. More nasty.

Then our producer, Elvis came along and shit got real. We got even more serious. We had created an armory of weaponry and now we were going to make them indestructible. Make them fool proof and deadly precise. Mortally efficient. No stone left unturned. No riff left in the cold. No kick drum left unfocused.

Though it sounds like an inordinate amount of work, and in many ways it can be, I think we trusted our instincts even more this time. Not feeling so held down by the confines put upon us by the 3 minute pop song. Gone are the restraints of a ‘radio friendly’ industry that has eaten itself. Make music that feels right. That feels effective. That feels honest. That feels authentic.

I know we have done that.

Of course I’m saying this without hearing any final recorded guitars but come on…it’s Slash. He’s the best guitar player on the planet. That part is a no brainer. Myles Kennedy is the best singer in rock today. He has an uncanny ability to conjure a bulletproof melody wrapped in a clever rhyme scheme. For it to be anything but awesome would come as an extreme surprise to me. Since I’ve heard everything to this point I think it’s my opinion we’ll be trusting here.

The most important thing to us was that we make a record that our audience wants to hear. In turn I believe it is the record we have always wanted to make collectively and individually.

Myles is looser and easier like a seasoned professional. He has gone 8 rounds with the best and held his own. There is a quiet confidence in having the output of several hit records behind him. What’s one more? Don’t be fooled by that kind Spokane boy thing. There is a wolf in there that he lets out and we’ve all heard it. And none can howl like he can.

So what about the drums and bass? The drums and bass were knocked out in record time at NRG studios in North Hollywood. Brent Fitz played things he didn’t even know he could play. He was challenged and met that challenge time and again. The drums are big and aggressive and full of attitude. It is the best performance of his career. I think he’ll tell you the same.

As far as the bass goes Slash and I talked in depth about the most recent Motorhead album, Aftershock. Lemmy’s bass tone was gnarlier than ever but still had that fatness in the bottom end. Let’s do that, we agreed.

This is the most aggressive bass tone to date for me. Anyone who knows me knows the bass players that I love and most of them aren’t about flair they are about attitude. I think that is the perfect mixture for me. Just the right amount of technique with a heavy dose of attitude. I think Fitz and I built an impenetrable wall for Myles and Slash to climb atop and do their thing.

Michael ‘Elvis’ Baskette is an incredible producer with a contagious energy. In the short time I’ve known him we have become super tight. I think he is the man. I’m stoked to get out there and get singing!

Our engineer, Jef Moll, is a magician. A wizard. With them behind us we couldn’t lose. We are an army and we are sharp and trained and ready to kill.

BUSH was recording next door. Gavin Rossdale introduced himself to me one day randomly and was ever the English gentleman I remember him to be. Back in the 90s my band, The Age Of Electric, opened for Bush and Veruca Salt. Didn’t get much bigger than those two in the 90s. That sprung us to a whole other level. Gavin was a good guy even back then.

It’s funny I always try to remind myself to stop and really take in all that’s going on around me. It’s always such a whirlwind that it’s often hard to focus on all that’s swirling around you. This time in the studio was no different. It seems a practice in controlled chaos. In our world there are always cameras around. Things being filmed for this company, photos for another, exclusive pix for this magazine or that. There are always a lot of humans around. That tends to add to the chaotic energy but I’ve always kind of enjoyed that aspect of it. It’s not a regular job so one should never expect anything ordinary ever. I’m always pleasantly comforted by the tornado of activity and not at all surprised by it.

And so just like that its over. At least the first half is over. First you’re in the studio every day, all day. You live in Los Angeles. You drive it’s streets. You know it’s turns and your fave spots. You are a local. You belong there. This is home.

Then it’s over. That chapter closes as quickly as it opened and you go back to your ‘reality’ as seamlessly as you’d left it. Admittedly my reality is pretty goddamned surreal. It shouldn’t be any other way.

The live album is finally coming out very very soon. The final touches are being put upon the artwork and audio as I write this. Bootleg Confessional : Live In Vegas will be out hopefully before the new Slash album is even finished recording. That is very likely. It was recorded September 2nd at Count’s Vamp’d in Vegas. There are almost 20 songs on it including an unreleased song called The One that I wanted to play exclusively for that show. Fitz and Frankie from The Conspirators make an appearance as do Zach and Ellis from the Sinners along with the lovely Cian Coey from, of course, Meat Loaf. It is a lot of fun. If you were there you know how much fun we had.

So now here I am. Kicking it in Vegas. Appearing this Friday with the Sinners over at Southpoint on the south strip in Vegas. Working on Bootleg Confessional : Live In Vegas and trying to enjoy the calm before returning to the second half of recording the new Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators album. I think y’all are gonna be very happy.

http://toddkerns.com/blog/

Really liking what I'm hearing so far. That riff was pretty killer, and the enthusiasm seems very genuine.

I wasn't a big fan of the first solo album or al, BUT, I did feel like there was possible potential for the future while listening to apocalyptic. And judging from Todd's posts, it seems like that potential is being realized. We'll see. I hope so, and I'm getting nothing but good vibes so far.

Really looking forward to giving the record a spin when it's out.

Archived