HOCKEY IS BACK

One of my good friends is a legit statistician. He's horrified by the fuckery of "advanced stats" in any sport other than baseball. He refuses to even call them stats.

22 hours ago, Repo Man said:

I'm sure he's the top of his field. Like best of the best. No one better. fucking Einstein.

He's up there, faggot.

It's common knowledge among real statisticians that "advanced stats" are nonsense. I'm sorry you don't have access to educated people where you live.

18 hours ago, magisme said:

He's up there, faggot.

It's common knowledge among real statisticians that "advanced stats" are nonsense. I'm sorry you don't have access to educated people where you live.

Bwahaha  I do. I think the old stat fag keepers are getting nervous of the young kids!! Let me guess you rely on plus minus right? Hahaa

6 hours ago, Repo Man said:

Bwahaha  I do. I think the old stat fag keepers are getting nervous of the young kids!! Let me guess you rely on plus minus right? Hahaa

Really showing your ignorance here. One of the many problems with "advanced stats" is that they use outdated statistical models.

People like you are exactly why it bothers my buddy so much. You're so easily influenced by marketing that the quality of the work doesn't even enter the equation. Name something "advanced" and brand it as the next big thing and 75% of people are sold and will ask no further questions.

On 11/30/2019 at 5:23 AM, magisme said:

Really showing your ignorance here. One of the many problems with "advanced stats" is that they use outdated statistical models.

People like you are exactly why it bothers my buddy so much. You're so easily influenced by marketing that the quality of the work doesn't even enter the equation. Name something "advanced" and brand it as the next big thing and 75% of people are sold and will ask no further questions.

Nah man, I'm a member of hf boards and have learned a lot about stats. Lots of shitty posters there but lots of good ones. Advanced stats are real, hell you're just taking your friends word while yelling 'get off my lawn" 

Either way, none of this changes matthews>>Leon which will be more and more evident as the year goes on (it's already real)

I rest my case with you linking nhl.com for a discussion about statistics. :lol:

Edit: Read it. Holy fuck. I didn't realize that's what you retards were calling "advanced". This shit is literally addition and division and nothing else. It's basically a tiny step more contextual than regular retard stats like +/-. At least baseball statisticians try to be statisticians.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:02 PM, Repo Man said:

The oilers ain't going anywhere. Their one injury away from a lottery pick.for th e oil to compete they need a goalie. For Leon to center his own line ALL THE TIME. A num 1 and num 2 Dman. 

they also have a bunch of guys shooting over 20 percent which isint  sustainable. I fully expect them to miss the playoffs or sneak in and get thumped by a bigger team with more depth. 

best case scenario is for them to just miss for a few years so mcd  will demand out and come home where he's always wanted to be (that draft lottery face he made) the nhl  having him wither away in buffalo West is a disgrace. It's like Prime LeBron being stuck in Charlotte or fucking new orleans. Ewww.

Matthews >>>>Leon ainec

Fucking leafs fans. 

They're un fucking bearable. 

Eat a dick

1 minute ago, magisme said:

I didn't believe you guys about Leafs fans until this guy.

That's literally everyone. 

They're team sucked for decades. That's no exaggeration. Now, they can't even get out of the first round and they chirp everyone like they've been world beaters for an eternity. 

Like I said

Eat a fucking dick leaf fan

Everyone hates you

32 minutes ago, magisme said:

They almost won one with Doug Gilmour.

And they’ll tell you that they should have won the cup. It was Gretzky who fucked them over, and that they would have easily handled the Habs in the final, because.... they just would have.

Forgetting that the Habs were basically unstoppable that post season. 

Patrick Roy wasn’t letting anyone beat him

but ya, the leafs won the cup in 93

its fucking sickening

15 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

BASED wayne the eternal GOAT ensuring the leafs will never win a cup for the remainder of history

And yet we would still end up with more than Edmonton haha

On 12/1/2019 at 7:31 PM, Repo Man said:

And yet we would still end up with more than Edmonton haha

Just a friendly reminder that the last leaf cup win was when there were only 6 teams in the league.

When did defensemen decide they should all join the rush and leave their positions vacant at every opportunity?

3 hours ago, magisme said:

When did defensemen decide they should all join the rush and leave their positions vacant at every opportunity?

Facepalm.. probably around Bobby Orr .But for real around 2006 when the new rules came in. Do you even watch more than highlights?  Your lack of hockey knowledge is very telling. 

2 minutes ago, Repo Man said:

Facepalm.. probably around Bobby Orr .But for real around 2006 when the new rules came in. Do you even watch more than highlights?  Your lack of hockey knowledge is very telling. 

Just stop it.

@magisme is a good American hockey fan.

he knows his shit.

you on the other hand are a leafs fan. That about sums up your hockey knowledge 

I Best thing I did for my hockey fandom was download the American NHL app and subscribe to the American NHL Gamecentre.

Not only was it 100 bucks cheaper, even with the exchange rate. 

But now I know my $$ won’t go to Rogers and their Toronto love machine, and  I also get the NBC feeds and don’t have to listen to theses bozos on Rogers Sportsnet compare everything that happens in other games to Auston Matthews.

i don’t have to listen to Ron McLean on HNIC and talk about how he’s a woke white man.

Hockey Night In Canada used to be about the game, now it’s a liberal funded propaganda machine that’s used to slander our great game.

Give me NBC everyday.

and fuck off Rogers. The day they bought the broadcast rights in Canada is the day they killed hockey. 

10 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

Just stop it.

@magisme is a good American hockey fan.

he knows his shit.

you on the other hand are a leafs fan. That about sums up your hockey knowledge 

Hahahaha. Been watching for 30 years. I only have a leafs handicap because of where I was born. You can't appreciate the suffering. It gets lonely. Where I live I had two choices. Toronto or buffalo. I was fucked either way.

The only reason I talk shit is I get so much shit we a leafs can. Now we have hoardes of casuals who say retarded shit.nmake the rest of us look bad. I loathe oilers fans since they got mcd.they have been so cocky. I used to feel bad for them. They have been unbearable on message boards. 

Now I read advanced stats are not real and it's like hearing these flat Earth people. It's obnoxious.