HOCKEY IS BACK

caps have been my backup team for 10 years

not surprised they just blew a 2-0 series lead

2 hours ago, Sauerkraut said:

lightning or knights, I'm cool with either but i dunno the new kid shouldn't win it out the gate feels dirty

I feel the same way.  I'm all for parity, but a first year expansion team winning the cup just ain't right.  Great story if it happens though.  Has any other expansion team in any other sport won a championship their first year?

I'm sticking with my pick, Tampa all the way.

3 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I feel the same way.  I'm all for parity, but a first year expansion team winning the cup just ain't right.  Great story if it happens though.  Has any other expansion team in any other sport won a championship their first year?

I'm sticking with my pick, Tampa all the way.

I see your point, but they have to play just as hard as every other team to win the cup. 

If anyone is to blame for vgk's success, it should be the league. Maybe they need to rethink the draft process for expansion teams. 

I have no attachment to any of these teams other than a bunch of ex-Rangers playing for Tampa, so I came into the conference finals decidedly rooting for the Lightning, but the more I watch Kucherov, the more his style of play annoys me, and I think it would be nice to see Ovi get one. And Kuznetsov is nasty. I like Stamkos though, and JT Miller is my boyfriend... I don't know.

As for the West, the more I watch Vegas, the more impressed I am, even though I have a hard time rooting for an expansion team. The Jets were exciting in game 1 because they came out and hit anything that moved, but for some reason they went back to regular season no hitting hockey for games 2 and 3, and now they look fat, shit, and slow.

7 hours ago, magisme said:

lol vegas is going to win the cup

nobody can fuck with ovechkin right now man the cup is already his

cut.jpg

39 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

nobody can fuck with ovechkin right now man the cup is already his

I hope so. He deserves it.

18 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

well that was a game

I have no idea what to expect from the rest of the series based on that game. The whole thing felt like a whirlwind.

lol did anyone else see nbc's replay and zoom in on tom wilson's flop after getting tapped in the face

On 5/30/2018 at 10:27 PM, bacardimayne said:

and then the refs ruined it

The refs are worse in current year than I can ever remember them being. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to what they call. Rules, especially those involving the stick, are selectively enforced at best, so players give zero fucks and count on the refs not giving a shit (except for the phantom hook on the guy's hand, which is the penalty du jour).

What the fuck is a crosscheck? Why is it a penalty 1 out of 15 times? Seriously, watch 2 minutes of any NHL game and I bet you'll be close to needing your second hand to count the crosschecks. If there's a scrum against the boards, you're guaranteed to see 2-3 crosschecks. If a forward tries to post up in front of the net, guaranteed crosscheck. It's ridiculous.

And what the fuck is a slash? Guys wind up with two-handers across legs and thighs all game and nothing, but if you tap a guy's stick and he drops it, go to the box immediately? Fuck off.

And bring the two-line pass rule back. Dump and chase from your own goal line by firing the puck off of a forward at the red line is shit.