HOCKEY IS BACK

11 hours ago, jackie moon said:

was looking for an old photo, found this gem from 2009

30762605_10101343140373669_7022167075355

@GNS

I guess you're not one to sit on the fence when the writing was on the wall from an early age right?

On 4/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, GnRLiars said:

I loved watching those fucking leafs lose tonight. 

Shutting up those ridiculous unimaginative fans both inside and outside their horrible building. 

One more ore game for the Bruins to shut up the Canadian media who favour the leafs over just about everything else. 

Saturday night could be a very happy night for me

Fuck You Toronto and you’re terrible leafs

I have very mixed feelings about Leafs fans.

On one hand, I can't think of a more passionate fanbase despite half a century of sucking.  They live, eat, sleep, breathe hockey 24/7.  The amount of money they spend to watch a game at the ACC is insane, yet normal for those in the GTA.  Should the Buds ever win the cup, it would be fantastic to watch (from a distance) Toronto implode.   In terms of craving a championship, no other North American franchise's fans comes close.

On the other hand, sports franchises and fans in the GTA are beyond obnoxious.  It's a city where the Raptors GM shouts "Fuck Brooklyn" at a public rally before a playoff game.  Where drunks attending Jays games have a reputation for throwing full beer cans, bottles and other trash at players on the field.  Considering their behavior despite so little sports success over the years, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the GTA if they actually won something.

You gotta keep in mind their "second only to the Cubs" losing streak with the Sox until '04.

But yeah, fuck the Bruins, and fuck the Pats.

15 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

You gotta keep in mind their "second only to the Cubs" losing streak with the Sox until '04.

But yeah, fuck the Bruins, and fuck the Pats.

I hate the Celtics too. 

KG was a hero for the Wolves until they let him go. He went off to Boston with Allen and Pierce to win a ring, and of course, ESPN went mental with it (Three Musketeers).

That's when I decided the NBA officially sucked. 

And yes, The Patriots have made it difficult to enjoy football too the last two decades. 

20 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Sorry. That wasn't an outlash towards anyone specifically. I am just a bitter Minnesota sports fan.

Well I can't stand one of the Boston teams, so it didn't apply to me.  ?

Why bitter about Minnesota sports?  They've won a gazillion championships between the Lynx and the Gophers.

5 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Well I can't stand one of the Boston teams, so it didn't apply to me.  ?

Why bitter about Minnesota sports?  They've won a gazillion championships between the Lynx and the Gophers.

Great for the Lynx, seriously. Surprised someone outside the state is up to date with the WNBA. 

Gophers excel in what exactly? Did they win the Frozen Four this year? I know their basketball and football teams have gone to shit (Not entirely their fault. The Big 10 is among the most competitive divisions in sports).

I will just idly waste away until the Vikings or Wild win. I will give the Twins a pass, but they won before I was born. :(

On 4/26/2018 at 7:34 PM, arnold layne said:

Great for the Lynx, seriously. Surprised someone outside the state is up to date with the WNBA. 

Gophers excel in what exactly? Did they win the Frozen Four this year? I know their basketball and football teams have gone to shit (Not entirely their fault. The Big 10 is among the most competitive divisions in sports).

I will just idly waste away until the Vikings or Wild win. I will give the Twins a pass, but they won before I was born. :(

Having spent 99% of my life in the Women's Basketball Capital of the Universe, it's hard to avoid the WNBA.

Gophers have been great in the past, granted not so much of late.

Yeah I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Twins.

On 4/26/2018 at 8:34 PM, arnold layne said:

thought of a tip for you today; if you're looking for hockey cliches like footballs "that will move the chains!" here is what you need to know:

they gotta get pucks in deep 

how about that Jets game, holy fuck. I love the Winnipeg crowd - they have more life after going down 3-0 than many teams have at 0-0, they didn't pack it in. 

In one shot of the street party some dude was holding up a jets jersey the back read:

ASS EATIN SEASON

We're a bunch of animals, you gotta be out of your mind to stay and survive this far north. 

On 4/28/2018 at 8:18 PM, bacardimayne said:

guys i think the vegas golden memes are going to win the cup and theres nothing we can do about it

I hope so. 

They are so much fun to watch. 

Caps win the Cup: ?

Pens win the Cup: S

Sharks win the Cup: ?

Jets win the Cup: H
Knights win the Cup: ?

Preds win the Cup: I

Lightning win the Cup: ?

Bruins win the Cup: T

34 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Fleury has been incredible.

He let three goals in yesterday in the third, though. 

He's amazing, nice guy, really cute, fun to watch. I'm cheering for the Knights just because I want to see him have success. 

Trivia - I saw his first NHL action back in 03' - a preseason game vs Boston.