bacardimayne

HOCKEY IS BACK

2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

That used to be the Oilers' farm team. Not sure who they're affiliated with now.

Speaking of the Oilers, it seems they required my life force to become good again. Hope my pancreas sacrifice was worth it.

Yeah what the fuck? Flyers shit the bed down to .500 and the Oilers get their shit together?!

8 years of drafting that high had to pay off sooner or later. It's ironic that the players who ended up helping us turn the corner weren't even earned through placing last, though.

McDavid was a pick won in the lottery. Oilers finished 28th or 29th that year.

Draisaitl was picked 3rd.

Klefbom was picked 19th.

I consider these three the most irreplaceable on the team.

The only 1st overall pick that really panned out was Hall, since we traded him for a reliable first-pairing D-man.

The offside challenge is probably the single gayest thing in the history of professional hockey, even gayer than actual gay players giving each other gay handies in the shower after games.

introducing the anthem singer the Carolina PA just referred to the singer as "your cane-iacs (cane-maniacs) own"

I can't believe that state won a stanley cup. Over a Canadian team. That one still hurts. Fucking Cam Ward.

Feeling really good about the Flames right now. Well, that is an easy statement. But I like Elliot when he gets hot. Okay, another easy statement. I'm just saying, I like his fundamentals. He looks very calm in there.

Jets aint makin it. Sens surprised me. Montreal continues to be good but suspect. Toronto would be fun to see in the playoffs. Jets have no chance. Vancouver no.

This has been the Jackie Moon NHL roundup.

50 minutes ago, jackie moon said:

introducing the anthem singer the Carolina PA just referred to the singer as "your cane-iacs (cane-maniacs) own"

I can't believe that state won a stanley cup. Over a Canadian team. That one still hurts. Fucking Cam Ward.

1446239659073.png

mfw my former linemate was pic related as I talked to teenagers about books

Erik.jpg

10 hours ago, magisme said:

Erik.jpg

I've never been triggered so hard by a forum post in my life. Delet this. 11 years not long enough.

7 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

I've never been triggered so hard by a forum post in my life. Delet this. 11 years not long enough.

i knew you would agree with me.

1 hour ago, magisme said:

I forgot it was against Edmonton. I should have been more sensitive. :lol:

and Tampa Bay beat Calgary in 04'....

I can handle the Bruins taking Vancouver in 11', Boston is a hockey town... but Tampa Bay... Carolina... Anaheim over Ottawa? Jesus Christ.

Actually, I've heard Florida has elite senior hockey leagues... seems odd but somebody explained it to me - retired canadians down there, many of them top 10% players... that makes sense.

Slightly on topic, I have a dream. Like MLK. My home hockey league is the Lunenburg Country rec league. Lunenburg County is home to LaHave River, which features the LaHave ferry.

I want to start a senior team - the LaHave Ferries.

Everybody will want to be on my team. Our colour scheme will be fabulous!

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

BACARDIMAYNE HAS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

THE OILERS ARE FUCKING SHIT AGAIN

please return to your regularly scheduled programming

On 2017-02-19 at 11:13 AM, magisme said:

The offside challenge is probably the single gayest thing in the history of professional hockey, even gayer than actual gay players giving each other gay handies in the shower after games.

Gay players in the shower? I'm looking your way Sid...

I've been doing well with my sports betting. Historically I've put 30-50 $ in my account, play it for 4-6 months until I get to 0, and I always made it to 0. I would have success, double my money, but end up at 0. I would then take 3-6 months off, throw down another 30-50, play again to 0.

I put $25 in my account in September to bet on the Blue Jays in the MLB playoffs, up and down over the last few months, as high as $80, as low as $15.

Last week at $65 I withdrew $50, my first withdraw. So I took back my original deposit and made $25, with $15 to move forward.

I'm now at $30, trying to build my account for the NHL playoffs.

I say all that for this - the time between the trade deadline and the playoffs is the best time to bet - you can take advantage of teams that have given up and traded assets at the deadline, especially with parlays. Buffalo is not likely going to beat San Jose. Carolina ain't beating Pittsburgh. Combine those two games, decent return.

One team I don't like to bet against, oddly enough - Arizona. Mike Smith is a motherfucker and can ruin best laid plans.

Oh, also, my most gangster move - I put $10 on the Atlanta Falcons in the superbowl. I cashed it out at the start of the 4th quarter because i felt the tide turning, I made $20 or so, I then put $2 on the Pats at 10-1 and made $20 or so, total win of $40, gangster.

You can cash out a bet before the game ends and use your winnings to bet on the other team making a comeback? That's some powerful Jewwetry at work.

2 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

You can cash out a bet before the game ends and use your winnings to bet on the other team making a comeback? That's some powerful Jewwetry at work.

reacting to the game is key. for instance, if carolina gets up 2-0 over washington at end of first period, it's likely washington will come back, the odds at that point are very good. you can make serious returns betting on the team that is down.

I got into betting for MMA but in MMA anything can happen, over the course of a 60 min hockey game it is likely the better team will prevail. NFL seems a bit sketchy too - injuries and interceptions can really change a game. I've done well with hockey.