bacardimayne

HOCKEY IS BACK

holy fuck, the habs kept their backup in net for the entire 10-0 slaughtering because they were resting price to start tomorrow

what a trainwreck :lol:

so far so good for the rangers.

Have you been watching? They look really good. They could definitely use an extra defender or two as Staal and Gerardi are sloth dinosaurs (everyone needs to STFU about trading Miller for one), but they are fast, skilled, and a lot of fun to watch. I haven't seen a Rangers team move the puck like this in forever. Stick to stick like fucking rapid fire. It's awesome.

One thing can't be denied - Chiarelli is making moves with the future in mind. He's clearly far more competent than any GM we've had in a very long time. He's only been in control for a short time and the improvements are already obvious. It's not a shitshow anymore.

22ef4a06af.png

:rofl-lol:

shit team, relies entirely on a goalie who's one stubbed toe away from retirement

The only team in pro sports where the name in the back of the jersey is more important than the crest on the front.

If you're French Canadian, a fringe player in the league... you'll get top line minutes in Montreal.

What a fall from a once great organization.

Therrien would have a job as an assistant on any other NHL team.

Bergervin is more concerned about keeping his politics correct and appeasing the whiny French "journalists"

Carey Price is an awesome goalie, the team and city don't deserve him

oilers suck a big fat dick

Oilers are making the playoffs this year.,

Book it

They might, the pacific is fucking garbage this year for some reason.

That said, they still have a multitude of problems that Connor can't solve on his own.

oilers suck a big fat dick

Oilers are making the playoffs this year.,

Book it

They might, the pacific is fucking garbage this year for some reason.

That said, they still have a multitude of problems that Connor can't solve on his own.

True, but they are making progress. I like Talbot, but they could use a capeable backup.

And they really need to fix their D.

Larson is an improvement and he is part of the piece.

I still think they should try and get Beaulieu orEmelin out of Montreal.

Not even the Oilers can fuck up having Connor McDavid and not at least being a playoff team.

Don't be so sure. They're in the weakest division in the league, barely in a playoff spot as it is, and trending steadily downward over the past month or so.

My thoughts on the Canadian teams:

I like the flames a lot, they just need steady goaltending, and I'm not sure they'll get it. Johnson has been great but any goalie in the league is amazing and can be lights out for stretches. The truly great ones do it for 60+ games a season and that's incredibly rare. I highly doubt Elliot falls into that category - he can be great, but won't be a franchise guy. I don't know enough about Johnson to say, but if the flames are going to get it from one of those two, it will be CJ.

I want to like the Jets but i get the feeling they're a team that will just tread water for a decade. I feel Laine will be to the Jets what Ovie was to the Caps - star player but the team won't be good enough.

Connor is so special he will attract players to fill in the pieces. Also, I like Talbot a lot. He may or may not be one of those goalies who looks great but can't keep it consistent, but I'm leaning towards him being solid.

Vancouver should just tank, they can't even tread water, the Sedins are a proverbial snorkel at this point. They also need to lose the "VANCOUVER" lettering on their jerseys. Their logo is dope, as are the colours. Stop fucking it up.

leafs have done well for the start of the year, but they're going to fail miserably the rest of the way out. The biggest problem young players have, they start full of piss and vinegar but by game 40 or so they run out of gas. That's especially true for young goaltenders. i.e. Mike Condon in montreal last year, he was able to hold it together for a few games in place of price, but could not keep it together for any duration. Babcock needs to work out the mistakes while the games don't matter, and I believe he will do that. The future is bright there.

Montreal is so fragile it's hard to watch. Not physically, more emotionally. I watch the games the way a 14 year old girl watches Paranormal Activity. Blanket wraped around my hands, clinched to my jaw, constantly on the verge of tears. They are my favourite team however i always look at the silver lining when they lose - their hometown fans are idiots and deserve to be miserable. Worst rink in the league. hands down. They don't deserve Price. Radulov has been a lot of fun though, and i knew the Weber trade was a good move. PK, i like him as a guy, but as a player, too much person.

Ottawa - apparently still has a team.

Edited by jackie moon

apparently the jets have a ton of depth and will be awesome in 3 years. so good news! 

i think i was pretty square on the other items though. 

My thoughts on the Canadian teams:

I like the flames a lot, they just need steady goaltending, and I'm not sure they'll get it. Johnson has been great but any goalie in the league is amazing and can be lights out for stretches. The truly great ones do it for 60+ games a season and that's incredibly rare. I highly doubt Elliot falls into that category - he can be great, but won't be a franchise guy. I don't know enough about Johnson to say, but if the flames are going to get it from one of those two, it will be CJ.

I want to like the Jets but i get the feeling they're a team that will just tread water for a decade. I feel Laine will be to the Jets what Ovie was to the Caps - star player but the team won't be good enough.

Connor is so special he will attract players to fill in the pieces. Also, I like Talbot a lot. He may or may not be one of those goalies who looks great but can't keep it consistent, but I'm leaning towards him being solid.

Vancouver should just tank, they can't even tread water, the Sedins are a proverbial snorkel at this point. They also need to lose the "VANCOUVER" lettering on their jerseys. Their logo is dope, as are the colours. Stop fucking it up.

leafs have done well for the start of the year, but they're going to fail miserably the rest of the way out. The biggest problem young players have, they start full of piss and vinegar but by game 40 or so they run out of gas. That's especially true for young goaltenders. i.e. Mike Condon in montreal last year, he was able to hold it together for a few games in place of price, but could not keep it together for any duration. Babcock needs to work out the mistakes while the games don't matter, and I believe he will do that. The future is bright there.

Montreal is so fragile it's hard to watch. Not physically, more emotionally. I watch the games the way a 14 year old girl watches Paranormal Activity. Blanket wraped around my hands, clinched to my jaw, constantly on the verge of tears. They are my favourite team however i always look at the silver lining when they lose - their hometown fans are idiots and deserve to be miserable. Worst rink in the league. hands down. They don't deserve Price. Radulov has been a lot of fun though, and i knew the Weber trade was a good move. PK, i like him as a guy, but as a player, too much person.

Ottawa - apparently still has a team.

Politics are a bigger issue in Montreal than the product in the ice. It's sad.

I disagree it's the worst building in the league

Obviously you've never been to the Saddledome in Calgary.

It's the single reason I don't go to games

Politics are a bigger issue in Montreal than the product in the ice. It's sad.

I disagree it's the worst building in the league

Obviously you've never been to the Saddledome in Calgary.

It's the single reason I don't go to games

maybe any passionate city has terrible fans?

i had to stop going to Halifax Moosehead games because the fans were so terrible.

one situation always pops into my mind, a Cape Breton player on a clear breakaway, a moosehead player about 2 strides behind him hooks him, drops him to ice. Ref arm goes up. fans "OH WHAT THE FUCK!" I was like okay, i'm out.

i'm not sure whats worse, seeing a game in that setting or say Nashville, where attendees (not fans) don't know what the fuck is going on.

A great rivalry game in a canadian city is a must see experience though, when I went to Ottawa in 2010 to see GNR, cause i'm a faggot, I caught a Montreal / Ottawa game, and being right on the border with Quebec, the 20,000 in attendance was literally 50/50, it could not have been more split. the scene was electric and i'll never forget it. The sens took the ice and the place went crazy.. with boos. Haha. It was a respectful war in the stands. A good time had by all.

I had a chance to go to the mygnrforum meet n' greet. Gunsguy, montrealer, eric, the whole crew. I did not go. who just slightly redeemed himself?

Halifax Moosehead

Most Canadian thing I've ever heard.

Hank came back and pitched a shutout last night. He had to leave the game for a minute because he got run over and protocols. He played great. If he can get back to top form the Rangers are formidable.

Nash was back and scored a goal too. He's been a force his last half dozen games or so.