TheRevMKII_

Unpopular Rock & Metal Opinions

I think metalcore/deathcore is very good.

I think Load/ReLoad are some of Metallica's finest albums.

I think alternative metal (Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace etc) suck complete balls. - Is a very popular opinian

I think Jason Newstead and Rob were good bassist replacements in Metallica.

I think Korn is a great band.

Yes, Maiden over Priest any day.

I think moshpits are overrated. (Only people that start moshpits are bros who know jack-shit about metal).

ACDC is boring as fuck.

Led Zeppelin weren't THAT good. The Who and Black Sabbath were much better.

I'll agree on Black Sabbath. I've not listened to enough The Who to give an opinion.

the big 3 of teutonic thrash (sodom,kreator,destruction) are better than the big of thrash in the US(slayer,megadeth,metallica,anthrax) even though i like slayer better than destruction lol

dio is better than ozzy

tomi joutsen era amorphis is better than pre joutsen amorphis although it is still great

the funeral album is sentenced's best album, just slightly above amok

metallica is overrated

european power metal is better than american power metal

bathory's requiem was a good album(albeit with really shitty production)

viking metal isnt a genre of metal

Edited by bran

I think it's rather popular to say European power metal is better than american power metal?

And of course viking metal is a genre of metal, eventhough it is not a musical genre. But it can be used to describe the lyrics. Viking Folk Metal for example. Or Melodic Viking Death Metal or Viking doom metal. It doesn't describe the musical genre but it describes the lyrical content. And sometimes I feel like just listening to Viking related metal, no matter what the style is, so I listen to Viking metal.

I think it's rather popular to say European power metal is better than american power metal?

And of course viking metal is a genre of metal, eventhough it is not a musical genre. But it can be used to describe the lyrics. Viking Folk Metal for example. Or Melodic Viking Death Metal or Viking doom metal. It doesn't describe the musical genre but it describes the lyrical content. And sometimes I feel like just listening to Viking related metal, no matter what the style is, so I listen to Viking metal.

not in the US. people usually seem to shit on european power metal. in america they call european power metal flower metal and all that. they like the more thrashed influence of bands like iced earth and nevermore(2 bands i also love) but when you try to bring up european bands like blind guardian and helloween have similar influences on early albums they just dismiss it.

see if is used in the way you describe it like viking folk metal, or melodic viking death metal or viking doom, i get that, it is just when they slap the label on a band just because of the lyrical content of the music. like amon amarth is a melodic death metal true they sing about vikings but they play melodic death metal. if they put it in terms of melodic viking death metal i would agree but what defines viking metal?

amon amarth is very differnt from doomsword which is very different than falkenbach who has a different sound than vintersorg :lol: i wouldnt call it a subgenre more as a label to go with another sub genre i always liked viking black metal or viking folk metal, i think it should work like that :lol:

Guest Morpheus88

Load is fucking great

Chinese is totally underrated

This in nutshell is true Load is brilliant certainly better then Black Album and Chinese Democracy is criminally underrated by Slash`s widowsthumbsup%20.gif

Edited by Morpheus88

Metal is embarrassing if you are no longer a teenager. Nirvana is for angry kids.

Adults that talk about corporate rock and who still buy into hippie nonsense should lock themselves in a dark room with a bottle of whiskey and a shotgun

There are actual good fresh rock and metal music out there

This is unpopular because everyone listen and talk about the same old, same old bands.....

Metal is embarrassing if you are no longer a teenager. Nirvana is for angry kids.

Adults that talk about corporate rock and who still buy into hippie nonsense should lock themselves in a dark room with a bottle of whiskey and a shotgun

:thumbsup:

Led Zeppelin have like 10 good songs and a bunch of unbearable shit.

Hit or miss.

10 years gone, going to California and over the hills are quality tunes though.