John Bonham

What did you think of Madagascar the 1st time you heard it?

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

Madagascar is Isolated from the mainland. In the movie Alex the lion dreams of the freedom of the real creative jungle. He wants to escspe the captivity of his celebrity zoo. The three other zoo members spend the movie trying to reunite. It’s prophecy that it’s never too late. Free Atlas!

I was afraid that this might be the case.

Seriously though, why Madagascar?

I know that it8isolated and that they dig up their dead every few years and give them the lowdown on what's been happening...

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

I was afraid that this might be the case.

Others have speculated it’s an apology for OIAM.

It’s about doing the right thing like MJ Fox in Casualties of War. 

I loved the vma performance (my first time seeing the song performed live, RIR3 was the first time  I heard it live). Unfortunately, I feel that Axl thought to himself he peaked too early with the opening verses and then just got lazy /uninspired and got pitman to do a copy pasta with some quotes. It's missing a lot more from Axl to really elevate it, I turn it off now after hearing the first opening verses.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Seriously though, why Madagascar?

I know that it8isolated and that they dig up their dead every few years and give them the lowdown on what's been happening...

It’s also the most polluted country in the world. Maybe it’s a metaphor for old GNR. 

24 minutes ago, GNS said:

I loved the vma performance (my first time seeing the song performed live, RIR3 was the first time  I heard it live). Unfortunately, I feel that Axl thought to himself he peaked too early with the opening verses and then just got lazy /uninspired and got pitman to do a copy pasta with some quotes. It's missing a lot more from Axl to really elevate it, I turn it off now after hearing the first opening verses.

Yeah. And then after all the much dramatic quotes it just falls flat by repeating the first verse.

I groan, too, when this song starts.  But, as it goes on I am overcome with emotion.  When Axl starts yallowing after the MLK speech, it's one of his best moments as a recording artist.

I guess in the movie Marty the Zebra is Izzy who gets kidnapped  and leads the rest to Africa looking for him. The Penguins are the fans. I’ve put a lot of thought into this. 

It was completely different from anything Axl has done before... but it was amazing. First listen and I loved it.

However, I don't like the album version. The Rio 2001 version is the best to me.