TheRevMKII_

Facebook - Good Or Bad

I feel like less people are using Facebook and are migrating to other social media sites. Young people at least.

Then again, I've purged every Facebook friend I have down to the essential. Well that's not completely true but some people you just can't delete, for some reason. But in any case, I'm glad I no longer have That Bro I Met One Time At A Party In College as my friend. I try to keep my privacy these days.

With so little people all I see is ads for other websites, which is kind of stupid.

Facebook is stupid.

I'm surprised facebook managed to stay around.

I kind of preferred MySpace in hindsight. There were more customization abilities and it was possible to make your profile more personable.

The concept is boring now, but narcissism will keep it going no matter how much senior citizens shit up the feed.

I've not really used FB but I'm surprised as well. I think they succeeded because myspace was just a mess, and they were a little better than myspace, not really any special competitive advantage. They've reached a level of obstinacy based on mass so I think it will still be big like eBay no matter how crummy it gets. I think if there is ever a diaspora from FB it would be to multiple smaller sites as FB usefulness and necessity degrades rather than another single site replacing it.

Google could have succeed better if they made it easier to map over FB accounts in one click and made a less bulky and stratified interface.

It has proven invaluable for contacting people I otherwise wouldn't have been able to reach

But for everything else it is pure and utter shit. 

1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

It has proven invaluable for contacting people I otherwise wouldn't have been able to reach

But for everything else it is pure and utter shit. 

If they're important enough, you'll run into them. Facebook can suck a cock.

Facebook is shit. 

However, I will tell you hwhat, it is good for meeting chicks from highschool you never got to bang, and then bang them.  

But yeah, people are annoying- the person who posts old memes, or stupid humor crap, or the political person, or the person that documents their life with pictures of every mundane ordinary thing they do every day, the mothers with their kids that they think their love is sooo profound, the mother with the ugly kid.  Yeah, I tend to mostly just lurk.  

I hate having to be obligated to wish people happy birthday.  Fuck that.  I don't want to have to be obligated to click like on people's stuff.  That's what I hate, the obligation for everything.  I don't even log in every day.  Most days, once a day, on my computer.  Never on phone.  

I love it when people whine about it, then continue to use it; while being completely oblivious to the fact that they can block anything they don't want to see. That's the best part about it to me.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

It's great for people who are say, overseas and away from friends and family.

I think people are more the problem, not FB.

Edited by Doctor Dom
Invaluable

3 hours ago, GUNNER said:

FB killed the forums and the internet.

I wish it a painful death.

Facebook is over

It's the only way to connect with some people. I'm okay with it.

Although, I only joined because one person asked me to, and I'm under a fake name. I wonder what the experience would be like if I were more social and who would contact me.

2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Facebook is over

I think so. Most of the kids I know dont even have an account. Just instagram.

I've unfollowed most of the people I've added and unfollowed lots of pages lately. My feed is almost empty :lol:

Tried to use Twitter again yesterday and realized it's completely pointless. Instagram is good for some short sport videos, some nerd stuff and seeing hot chicks you'll never bang.

I guess there will be a day I'll be done with social networks. For now I can kinda use it as a nice tool for info and entertainment. But there's too much bullshit and clickbait.

my feed is 95% shitposting groups and 5% people i haven't seen in anywhere from 9 months to 8 years selling their dressers

Edited by Alex Trebek

Honestly, was facebook ever anything more than a website guys used to try and fuck chicks they went to High School with?

If there’s only one thing I know for sure in life it’s that facebook is bad.

I knew within a week after constantly getting invites to play pirates v ninjas from strangers and having people I barely knew friend request me. It’s like having a parasite or a stalker. Spent the next 10 years trying to get it cancelled. I got it shut down but if anyone tries to access it,  it reboots and they harrass you to rejoin. It’s endless. 

5 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Honestly, was facebook ever anything more than a website guys used to try and fuck chicks they went to High School with?

It's all I ever used it for 😂