Sign in to follow this  
Broskirose

*GAME OVER* The Voyage - Mafia

Unvote: John Bonham

If you truly wanted to help town you'd explain this. Sandman please help us rather than just announce a random action. You yourself said wd need a hit a definite target tonight, who do you suggest if not Bonham or bacardi?

John Bonham desperately pleaded for a chance to explain himself, but it was futile.

bonham8-sized.jpg

John Bonham was town aligned

The Sandman and to the moon didn't even have time to react before they were jumped by Conor, NormalGuns and bacardimayne. They were brutally beaten to death and thrown into the ocean.

titanic.jpg?w=360&h=240&crop=1

The Sandman and to the moon were town aligned

A few days later the ship arrived at New York Harbor on a cold moonlit night. The murderers casually walked off the privately owned cruise liner and made their way into the city, where they would pick out and capture their next victims...

8191743959_43d7503687_m.jpg8192830854_7ddfe6b411_m.jpg8192830878_37ef2523b6_m.jpg

Conor, NormalGuns and bacardimayne were mafia aligned :deviltoothy: :deviltoothy: :deviltoothy:

~~GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS~~

Roles

1. Conor (Mafia)

2. John Bonham (Town)

3. Catch Her In The Rye (Town)

4. Iceman24 (CAPTAIN - Town)

5. bacardimayne (Mafia)

6. arnold layne (DOCTOR - Town)

7. The Sandman (Town)

8. Tottenham (Town)

9. Dean-16 (COP - Town)

10. to the moon (Town)

11. Rafal (STREET JESUS - Town)

12. NormalGuns (Mafia)

Awards

MVP - Conor

LVP - Rafal

Behind The Scenes – The Original Concept

If you remember, when this thread was first started the title read "The Voyage - INFECTION MAFIA". I had originally planned to do a much different game plot-wise and gameplay-wise. When it became clear that there were still a few glitches in my plan, and not enough people were going to sign up to make it work, I ditched the concept and came up with the "murderers capture civillians" idea.

Originally the concept would have been that the players were in some kind of haunted ship in a Hell/Purgatory-like setting. Instead of having a mafia team, one player would become infected by a demon or something like that, and each night he would infect another player. There would be a doctor who could cure the infected players and get them back to town alignment. In addition there would be indys who would try to slay the infected at night. That's just the jist of it. It was kind of complex, and a few things didn't really add up. But it would have been cool. The story was also going to be a lot more intricate, and possibly even be a trilogy of mafia games (at the end of the first game, the ship would arrive on a deserted island where the next game would take place).

Thoughts From The Host

The town really suffered in this game due to some shitty moves by players with power roles. Street Jesus and the Captain were roles I made up to make the small game a little interesting. Unfortunatly both players who received those roles used them HORRIBLY. Iceman had one daykill and he used it prematurely imo, and ended up killing the cop. But atleast he had good intentions. Rafal on the other hand, had the ability to revive one player after his death and he revived a mafiaso because he was butthurt that you guys voted him out. That was the lamest thing I've ever seen since I started playing mafia. I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants to play another game with Rafal after this. :facepalm:

Good game I guess. Things got interesting once Rafal took a giant shit on the town, but you guys were pretty fucked by that point. Conor did a great job of fooling everyone even though his partners were just fucking around for the most part. Cardi just trolled everyone after he was revived and NormalGuns barely played at all - yet somehow Conor worked with all of it and turned it in his favor.

Thanks for playing everyone (except Rafal - fuck you :lol:)

- Borski :heart:

Edited by Broskirose

So bacardi really was gambling on the town lynching NormalGuns, so he would have been able to make me look like mafia.

About the daykill. I was really sure that Dean was mafia. As I had stated, he acted funnily, but I didn't realise it was because he was the copper. I thought that if I got killed, I would have wasted the opportunity to use the kill. Especially as I used it on Dean, on someone I was really sure of that he'd turned out mafia. Obviously I facepalmed once I saw him turn out the cop.

But I must say, it is absolutely beyond me how the town did not vote off bacardi. It is NEVER possible, that someone who was mafia can change allignment, as he'd know all the stuff going on. It was so incredibly obvious he'd turn out mafia again. :facepalm

Good game eventually, thanks to those who made it so . I can shed some light on the 'cardi situation. Whenever he came back he immediately knew that he would be expected to give up the names of Mafia in order to have any chance of appearing town. My plan was to lynch Normal Guns in order to get Iceman lynched, so I asked him to finger the two of you. However by that stage the player numbers meant we could only win or draw (save something horrendous) so I figured it would both be funny and in some ways safe actually to kill Iceman. It's throw things tits up even more and would allow me to appear super town when I lynched bacardi for the second time and Normal Guns.

Very happy with MVP and my first Mafia victory :)

I don't understand why the last day was played. The mafia had already won when it was 6 people and they had half majority.

Basically the mafia just had to seal the deal, however there was a chance the town could make it past the day. For one thing, there was another bonus I had in one of my posts (which no one claimed) that would have granted a daykill. Also, since NormalGuns had a vote on bacardi, if the townies voted for him as well they would have been able to advance to the next day. There was also the possibilty of NormalGuns being modkilled for being inactive as well as some plans in the event of a stalemate.

Should've known that NormalGuns wasn't mod-killed because he had an important role...

Not really. I actually really wanted to modkill him to give the town a shot, but every time I set a killdate, he always started posting.

Should've known that NormalGuns wasn't mod-killed because he had an important role...

Not really. I actually really wanted to modkill him to give the town a shot, but every time I set a killdate, he always started posting.

Almost like someone asked him to :CoolFace:

so it was you that killed me Iceman24? RETARD! haha kidding, you couldnt have known for sure I was town. But you still should not have used the day kill so early in the game.

Rafal reviving a mafia? thats just plain sore loser! and probably what eventually made the game totally unbalanced after 2 days.

Anyways, Good game Broskirose, and thanks for hosting!! :thumbsup:

So, whos next? Sandman :thumbsup: