arnold layne

Are there any Redditors here?

Just discovered reddit a few months ago. Robin Williams used to say cocaine was a sign you had too much money. I think he stole that joke from someone else. Anyway, reddit is amazing but it does seem to be a sign of spending too much time on the internet. I'm amazed by its minimalistic style and success.

"Former Reddit CEO Ellen Pao: The trolls are winning the battle for the Internet

Well yeah but life goes on. Found that article on Digg by the way.

Drudgereport has a similar minimalistic link driven page and it's probably the most popular conservative news source on the internet. I'm pesonally a fan (of reddit and it's minimalistic style).

However, I don't have a problem with forums/message boards trying to earn a buck to cover costs and cover the work and time they put into things, but reddit is obviously moving heavily into the direction of sanetizing and monetizing it. And I think it's heading down hill for sure. Dank memes and shit are cool, but I'd rather just go to places like 8chan/4chan and Quora instead.