Sign in to follow this  
kostabi

PINK FLOYD

1 minute ago, bran said:

Definitely the Gilmour/Waters era.

Is that what we're discussing? I thought it was Syd era vs. Gilmour without Waters. Waters/Gilmour era was definitely the best though.

Waters led Floyd was the best. Then Syd and finally David Gilmour.

Dave managed to pen out handful of good songs but as a whole his songwriting left more to be desired. Material was not strong enough.

12 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Is that what we're discussing? I thought it was Syd era vs. Gilmour without Waters. Waters/Gilmour era was definitely the best though.

Oh maybe, I got a little buzz going so I probably blanked on the topic :lol: Man if we are just talking about individual eras. I will probably go Gilmour, I really liked Division Bell and I thought A Momentary Lapse of Reason was pretty decent as well. I never could get into the Barrett stuff too much, although I think he was deeply talented but burned out before reaching his full potential.

9 minutes ago, bran said:

Oh maybe, I got a little buzz going so I probably blanked on the topic :lol: Man if we are just talking about individual eras. I will probably go Gilmour, I really liked Division Bell and I thought A Momentary Lapse of Reason was pretty decent as well. I never could get into the Barrett stuff too much, although I think he was deeply talented but burned out before reaching his full potential.

I guess I'm adding solo shit into the mix too, because I do like Gilmour Floyd better, but The Madcap Laughs is my favorite album over anything released by Gilmour out of Floyd or in without Waters.

4 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Which one will you not post 15 walls of texts if I choose

Neither, I'm not a passionate Pink Floyd fan, more a casual listener.

I will say I don't know how anyone can accept anything released after Waters left as being really Pink Floyd. I accept both the Syd and Gilmour lineups (I have a preference for Syd's because the melodies are more poetic, but I do like the Gilmour era). But when Waters left and Gilmour continued that for me is like Axl continuing GN'R alone.

Meddle and Saucerful of Secrets are my personal favorites. Fearless and Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun specifically are two of the best psychedelic piloting songs ever. 

The Division Bell is the only Floyd album I ever fully got into. Poles Apart has a Sorry vibe. 

Edited by wasted

Life is a short, warm moment And death is a long cold rest. You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye: Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

one of my band's top 10 bands of my life.

I listen regularly.

Edited by auad

On 2/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, GnRLiars said:

Gilmour era had some of the best music ever put out. 

I get get lost in that shit. 

But I I would have totally dropped with Syd

I don't remember writing this