Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Purgatory Deux: Vegas - GAME OVER

The Last Vegas Seventeen

1. bacardimayne: The Joker (Insane Criminal)
2. Tottenham: Native American (Foreseer)
3. kevin: Penn & Teller (Double Vote)
4. John Bonham: Alan (Lone-Wolf Retard)
5. The Sandman: Rainman (Autistic Savant)
6. Dean-16: Roy Horn (Double Act)
7. Rafał: Julius Caesar (Betrayed Emperor)
8. Flayer: An Ice Cream Cone (Literally just an Ice Cream Cone)
9. Sleeping Like An Angel: Siegfried Fischbacher (Double Act)
10. arnold layne: Elvis Presley (Distractor)
11. NormalGuns
12. chevelle: Frank Sinatra (Vegas Performer)
13. Catch Her In the Rye: Darth Vader (Mafia Boss)
14. Tottenham 2.0
15. Dean-16 2.0
16. Kevin 2.0: Vanilla Ice (Talentless White Trash)
17. Broskirose: Hannibal Lector (Cannibilistic Serial Killer)

Conor: Card Dealer (Host)

I hope everyone enjoys this as much as they seemed to enjoy the last Purgatory game. For anyone who didn't play it, I suggest you take a quick skim through it as there is a different vibe to these games when compared to others. I'm sure you all understand the rules, but here's a simple collection anyway.

Rules:

Simpler, abridged rules:

1. Stick to your assigned role, and read it carefully. If you have questions regarding your role send the game moderator a PM.

2. You may not quote PM's in the game thread. This includes manufacturing fake PM's.

3. Communication between players is limited to the game thread and during the day only. Your PM with your role information will inform you if you can talk to another player via PM. If you are unsure of what the day is please PM the game moderator.

4. Editing or deleting your posts is strictly prohibited.

5. Please bold your votes.
Example:
Official Vote: Conor
Unvote: Conor

6. Once a character is lynched, night begins. Posting in the game thread at night is strictly prohibited. Posting includes, but is not limited to, thoughts on the lynch, bumping, omg!!! etc. This rule will be strictly enforced. If you post during the night there will be penalties. No exceptions

7. Players with night roles are encouraged to send the moderator PM's ASAP. If they do not receive your PM in a timely manner, expect your power for that night forfeited. There will be a warning when the time is taking too long.

8. Do not post after you are dead unless told otherwise.

9. The moderator is the only one to make official vote counts.

10. Please post. If something comes up where you will not be able to post please let the game moderator know.

One last thing, you can play in character if you want smile.gif Up to yourselves.

Game on.

Vegas was a special place. The lights, the lifestyle, the experience. Well, Vegas on earth that is... Things are different here. You are in Purgatory. Security, safety and legitimacy do not apply here. You are in a world based on luck. Some of you will make it, and some of you will not. Your fate may come down to a deck of cards, or the roll of a dice. You are in control of nothing but potential. Potential of your own survival, and potential of the survival of those around you. You are the game, so place your bets.

In death, your true calling was met, and the lucky/unlucky thirteen of you have returned to Vegas to determine the result of your life. Some of you were real, some of you weren't. This no longer matters, you are all residents of Purgatory. Grab some champagne, and mingle with the others. Shit is about to go down.

poker-software.jpg

Conor was the Card Dealer, Host Aligned

Probably just a heart attack... good job he'd already dealt the cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roulette

At some stage during Day One, I will make a post requesting residents to place their bets. When I do this, please PM me with your choice. If you have any questions please PM me. I suggest you look at a roulette board if you don't understand. You may discuss amongst yourselves what intend to do, or what you think others should do.

There are three options regarding this game.

You may play it safe, and pick Odd/Even/Red/Black. If successful, you will require one extra vote to be lynched the following day. However, if you are unsuccessful, you will require one less vote to be lynched the following day. The result will not be revealed to the other residents, but you may inform them if you wish.

You may go all in, and pick a number. If successful, you will receive one investigation, followed by one kill. However, if you are unsuccessful, you will be bankrupt (unable to use any powers) for the following night phase while you gather funds, in addition to requiring half the number of votes to be lynched for that day (due to the debt collectors hunting yo’ass). The result will not be revealed to the other residents, but you may inform them after you are no longer bankrupt if you wish.

The final way to play, is to simply not. There is obviously no bonus to this, however for one unlucky person, it will be revealed to the rest of the residents that you declined the opportunity to play the game.

Edited by Conor

There will be no lynch today. Details forthcoming. I hope you've got your chips.

Edited by Conor

Roulette

At some stage during Day One, I will make a post requesting residents to place their bets. When I do this, please PM me with your choice. If you have any questions please PM me. I suggest you look at a roulette board if you don't understand. You may discuss amongst yourselves what intend to do, or what you think others should do.

There are three options regarding this game.

You may play it safe, and pick Odd/Even/Red/Black. If successful, you will require one extra vote to be lynched the following day. However, if you are unsuccessful, you will require one less vote to be lynched the following day. The result will not be revealed to the other residents, but you may inform them if you wish.

You may go all in, and pick a number. If successful, you will receive one investigation, followed by one kill. However, if you are unsuccessful, you will be bankrupt (unable to use any powers) for the following night phase while you gather funds, in addition to requiring half the number of votes to be lynched for that day (due to the debt collectors hunting yo’ass). The result will not be revealed to the other residents, but you may inform them after you are no longer bankrupt if you wish.

The final way to play, is to simply not. There is obviously no bonus to this, however for one unlucky person, it will be revealed to the rest of the residents that you declined the opportunity to play the game.

Edited by Conor

I would like to place $50 on red please.

I'd also like to point out that Tottenham made this post before I had posted that we were playing Roulette :)

Will be interesting to get the measure of all of those who haven't played with us before.

I am not ok with this post. It seems 'safe'.

Yet again all of The Sandman's posts are crap. :awesome:

I am awaiting your retaliation.

Great, so now when it took me a few days to get what the hell is going on the last time - new rules introduced :CoolFace:

:CoolFace:

Will be interesting to get the measure of all of those who haven't played with us before.

I am not ok with this post. It seems 'safe'.

Yet again all of The Sandman's posts are crap. :awesome:

I am awaiting your retaliation.

If, by safe, you mean "in role", then – yes! It is.

Because, in truth, everyone has already been measured and the pack dealt accordingly ;)

No need to retaliate, don't get your hopes up that I would waste so much time on you so early on :heart:

The rules for Roulette have been slightly tweaked. If you pick the more risky option, you will no longer be unable to post the following day, but you will still be unable to use your powers that night and will still only require 50% of the votes to be lynched.

Edited by Conor

The rules for Roulette have been slightly tweaked. If you pick the more risky option, you will no longer be unable to post the following day, but you will be unable to use your powers that night and will still only require 50% of the votes to be lynched.

And WTF does that mean?