Jyrgen

Trent Reznor: 'I've tried to block out Nine Inch Nails shows supporting Guns'N'Roses'

Catch, I was referring to the period where NIN were at their peak of popularity and Axl was trying to decide which direction to take the GNR sound, and the general publics perception, that grunge and dark electronic music is cool and GNR style rock and roll was the thing of the past.

I also was considering the fact that, I believe, Axl does care about his reviews and what's said about him in the media.( marcs interveiw proved that, IMO).

So Axl might want give guns a fresh cooler sound , perhaps out of preference , or maybe to remain relevant.

So when Trent Reznor is asked about Axl rose, in the future, he might give him props rather than slag him.

This is just a possibility. Of course, I don't know axls true motives. Only speculation....................

Hasn't Marc told us about how Axl would make reviewers/magazines/the press sign contracts stating that they couldn't say certain things about him or the band?

Not sure where it was said , but it's been said. Lol

Oh shit, for some reason I read that as "Axl DOESN'T care about his reviews..." hence why I asked that. My bad.

It's nothing new. GnR fans hate opening acts. Blind Melon got this sort of treatment when I saw GnR in 93 and so did Helmet in 2006. I remember seeing VR in the early part of the Contraband tour in 2004 before the album was released. It was a culture clash between GnR and STP fans. STP fans did think that GnR fans were meat-heads.

A NIN show is a must-see show before you die. Let's hope that Trent gets it going again.

The fuck? You serious? Helmet's one of my favourite bands. I honestly couldn't think of a band where I've had as much of a good time at their gigs. Rock out? You should see the crowds at Helmet's gigs.

Meatheads infuckindeed.

With teeth in 2005 was my first concert ever, with gnr in 07 being the second

Love with teeth!!!

All trolling aside ( ignore my previous post ), how can someone say that Nine Inch Nails is the worst band ever is beyond my understanding...

I mean tastes aside and everything...

Trent Reznor is twice the musician than Axl will ever be, with three times the integrity.

And after posting on forums like this one and MyGNR I have nothing but sympathy for his disgust with Guns N' Roses fans, and Axl in general.

Personally I think anyone who dismisses NIN as 'the worst band ever' without giving Trent credit for his talent as both a singer and a genius with the ability to Play a multitude of instruments is just a moron with horrible taste. Trent is great to his fans, and produces amazing sound tracks and albums consistently.

Keep jamming to Mötley Crüe you morons.

NIN will never be as popular as GnR and Reznor is just a short ass geek compared to the iconic rock god that is Axl Rose.

He needs to get over it.

I mean, yeah, I respect him and all, but he ain't got shit on GnR.

It's a shame the fans were so closed minded towards NIN. They're a great band, sometimes the lyrics are a little too teen angst for me, but Trent really knows how to produce a record that sounds massive. I hate rock fans that don't open themselves up to other genres because it's not "rock" enough for them, they miss out on so much.

Totally agree

It was a strange pick at the time.

Think about where you were at in 1991. How would you have reacted to a band like NIN opening for GNR. I'll tell you flat out that I would not have been into it. Just very different genres.

It was a strange pick at the time.

Think about where you were at in 1991. How would you have reacted to a band like NIN opening for GNR. I'll tell you flat out that I would not have been into it. Just very different genres.

I think this is very important to keep in mind.

And honestly TDS is more intelligent, listenable, and critically acclaimed than anything GNR has ever done

I love TDS, but this post is nonsense. Since when does music that's more "intelligent" and "critically acclaimed" translate to better? Music isn't intellectual or based on what other people think. It's supposed to be whatever touches your heart, whatever makes you happy, whatever moves you. If Guns N' Roses doesn't give you that, that's fine (not sure what you're doing on this forum, though), but don't cite such nonsensical things as intelligence and critical acclaim. Just say you don't like it and move on.

That said, TDS is brilliant, and I'm surprised more people aren't bowing down to worship this masterpiece.

And honestly TDS is more intelligent, listenable, and critically acclaimed than anything GNR has ever done

I love TDS, but this post is nonsense. Since when does music that's more "intelligent" and "critically acclaimed" translate to better? Music isn't intellectual or based on what other people think. It's supposed to be whatever touches your heart, whatever makes you happy, whatever moves you. If Guns N' Roses doesn't give you that, that's fine (not sure what you're doing on this forum, though), but don't cite such nonsensical things as intelligence and critical acclaim. Just say you don't like it and move on.

That said, TDS is brilliant, and I'm surprised more people aren't bowing down to worship this masterpiece.

Missed where he said that TDS was better because of that...

Missed where he said that TDS was better because of that...

Err, what?

I'm missing where you're missing where where he's not saying it.

Right, he says those things, but he doesn't say that it's better because of those things. Yes?

Well, that was the implication. Yeah, I know you're about to reply, "You can't tell intent from the Internet," but c'mon, the intent is pretty obvious there. Did you really expect him to put at the end there, "But Guns N' Roses are better!"

Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree here, but that's what I took away from that post. Otherwise, it's a pretty pointless post.

I mean, if he thinks that's what makes it better (the whole "listenable" thing applies to your thing about touching your heart and etc. IMO), that's up to him. What actually makes music better than something else is a whole different argument (and an extremely subjective one at that), but I see where you're coming from.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

I mean, if he thinks that's what makes it better (the whole "listenable" thing applies to your thing about touching your heart and etc. IMO), that's up to him. What actually makes music better than something else is a whole different argument (and an extremely subjective one at that), but I see where you're coming from.

Yeah, I didn't address the "listenable" thing on purpose. Like I said, that's his prerogative if he likes the music or not. No, I don't think either of those two things make music "better." By that token, Dream Theater must surely be the best band in the world.

Many, many of my favorite bands write "intelligent" lyrics, and sure, I dig that, but that's not the sole reason I'd listen, y'know? I love the lyrics to Bruce Dickinson's "Navigate the Seas of the Sun," for instance, but it's not because they sound smart. I just think it's beautiful.

I don't know. The statement just sounds really pretentious to me.