velvetgirl

Slash/Axl feud the most interesting thing left about GnR?

Their hatred and feuding seems to get more attention than any of their music.

Chinese Democracy came and went with all the impact of a a pebble thrown into the ocean. Slash's new album will be the same.

When the history books are written about GnR... what will get more chapters...? The Robert Finch and Bucketfoot era? Or the fact that Slash and Axl acted like shitheads to each other for twenty years? I'll tell ya right now... the feud.

Then there's the message boards. My god, imagine the boredom without the rivalry between the two groups of fans.

It's part of rock n' roll folklore and a huge part of the GnR mythology.

Keith and Mick hate each other. The two Aeorosmith fags hate each other. But they ain't got shit on Axl and Slashman.

So congrats to both of them. :slash::axl:

it's sort of West Coast v Mid West. It would be better if Slash hated Axl and Izzy. At the moment it's just sort of confusing. I guess Slash was just really high when he left GNR and didn't really sober up until Libetad came out.

with the whole hof ordeal there was a shit ton of CRAP to talk about. Now ater everythings finished it's like theres nothing AT ALL to talk about. Always right DF.

Their hatred and feuding seems to get more attention than any of their music.

Chinese Democracy came and went with all the impact of a a pebble thrown into the ocean. Slash's new album will be the same.

When the history books are written about GnR... what will get more chapters...? The Robert Finch and Bucketfoot era? Or the fact that Slash and Axl acted like shitheads to each other for twenty years? I'll tell ya right now... the feud.

Then there's the message boards. My god, imagine the boredom without the rivalry between the two groups of fans.

It's part of rock n' roll folklore and a huge part of the GnR mythology.

Keith and Mick hate each other. The two Aeorosmith fags hate each other. But they ain't got shit on Axl and Slashman.

So congrats to both of them. :slash::axl:

The Axl and Slash feud most certainly will get more chapters than Fink and Bucket... Nobody outside of us even knows who Fink or Bucket is. My main issue with the feud is what are the reason? Is it simply what Mark Canter said, about how the naming rights went down? Cant be that simple, but with Axl who the hell knows

Yes...

Even though I believe pretty much everything about it has already been said, hundreds of times...

As a Bucketfoot/Finch fan, I'm eager to hear some new material if it ever gets released but I'm also aware that in the grand scheme of things, it won't have much of an impact ( unless promoted very heavily by Axl n' Co, I think it will do worse than Chinese ).

Edited by BBB

maybe slash and axl are true artists and this is all just an act they orchestrated as a sociological experiment on the gnr fanbase.

forget snakepit. forget chinese democracy. forget velvet revolver. the last twenty years of feuding has been their real magnum opus. an artistic statement that has defined a generation of gnr fans.

bravo u magnificent bastards. i love u both.

Agreed.

It's such a complicated (therefore fascinating) relationship. It is drama and I think the likeliness of Axl and Slash to a married couple is a realistic comparison.

Axl is seen as the bad guy who tore apart one of the greatest bands. He got them to sign over the name to him when he was in his prime career wise.

He made his bed on that day and has been forced to lie in it every since (pride). He can't admit he needs Slash to be successful and he's failing in showing the world he can carry on performing under the name 'GN'R' and doing it justice.

I understand why Axl might've done it at the time. He wanted to show who was boss and how important he was to the band. He must've been full of confidence at the time and who can blame him? He was probably the most famous person in the world.

I believe he regrets it now though. He must be embarrassed of how CD turned out. If it''s true that he wanted Slash to be a part of it, there is no way in hell the final product was to his satisfaction. The fact there was no promo or videos releases proves that. It seems like all Axl's plans fell apart. You can tell he isn't confident anymore. The relationship with Slash is not normal. It's not just anger and bitterness - there is genuine hurt there.

Axl and Slash were born to play and work together. They had that kind of chemistry that is rare.

Can you think of any other rockstar who is hated like Axl for pulling these kind of stunts?

The music is the most interesting.

The music is the most boring . It's interesting to listen to but boring as hell to talk about.

Yep. We would've run out of stuff to talk about if there was no fighting and drama.

I wish it was some other kind of drama though... :rolleyes:

Edited by alterreality

Funny thing is. Slash left the band in fuckin' 1996 and since then we have been arguing and discussing and speculating what happened, whose fault it was, who's the good and bad guy. The same "I love Axl, fuck Slash & I love Slash, fuck Axl" type of fans. It will never end until one of them die. :shrugs2: