SONOFABITCH

Official HOF Discussion Thread/Axl's Letter to HOF

What is almost even more disturbing is majority of the time Axl speaks out it is only to discuss Slash. He does seem completely obsessed. I mean God forbid he update the nutswingers on a new album. No. Only to squash reunion hopes.

But to quote Axl from Rock In Rio:

"Snargle domde dew, and noone's left to blame"

Edited by SONOFABITCH

Oh well. It's clear at this point Axl will die being remembered more as the joke he made himself out to be the past decade and a half than for what he accomplished musically. I think this, along with that tmz poll cement that in stone.

And I will laugh as the nu buttplugs are left with nothing more than what could have been, just like the "reunionists".

Edited by Bobbo

What is almost even more disturbing is majority of the time Axl speaks out it is only to discuss Slash. He does seem completely obsessed. I mean God forbid he update the nutswingers on a new album. No. Only to squash reunion hopes.

But to quote Axl from Rock In Rio:

"Snargle domde dew, and noone's left to blame"

Thank you for the laugh with my morning cup o tea :lol:

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

Really Axl? So you don't owe us anything? What if we (the fans) listen to you? How many people will come for your shows if all those who only buy the ticket for sentimental reasons (because of the sympathy and gratitude for who you once were) back off? A 100?

All that you have now, all the income you get, the fact that you can actually pay for the love and devotion of your house keeper and your remote toilet, all that comes from the fact that millions of people believe you deserve your own personal happy ending at their expense. If you think it is thanks to your godly achievements during the last years or the quality of the show you give, you are entirely delusional.

That little piece of the letter was really irritating.

Cut and paste:

This Axl owes the fans bullshit is getting out of hand. "We made you rich" is a common statement. That is correct. But nobody gave up fucking anything for that. We didn't make Axl rich out of charity or concern for his well-being. We paid 10 or 20 bucks for an album because we thought it was worth just that. We thought we got value for that amount of money back by that transaction. We did it out of pure egoistical reasons. We, us here on this board, probably would have paid even more to get to hear AFD for example, so there was really a value surplus for us in the transaction too. A consequence of us voluntarily paying for something we wanted was that Axl became rich. But NOBODY of us gave up anything for him to become rich, we all became richer by this music, right? So why should he give up parts of his life for us? To give us a few minutes of entertainment and amusement before life went back to normal again? He probably felt his life would not get back to normal again if he did that, on the other hand. If that is not what he wanted with his life, symbolically performing or appearing with people he left behind for personal reasons, then we have no right to demand that. For us to see Slash and Axl reconcile is just entertainment, like the drama of a soap opera. It has no personal meaning to us. The grudge might be petty or it might not be, but we have no right to judge people we don't even know and are not even affected by personally. Axl has every right to hold his grudge no matter how we as an audience feel about it. We. Don't. Know. Him.

Really Axl? So you don't owe us anything? What if we (the fans) listen to you? How many people will come for your shows if all those who only buy the ticket for sentimental reasons (because of the sympathy and gratitude for who you once were) back off? A 100?

All that you have now, all the income you get, the fact that you can actually pay for the love and devotion of your house keeper and your remote toilet, all that comes from the fact that millions of people believe you deserve your own personal happy ending at their expense. If you think it is thanks to your godly achievements during the last years or the quality of the show you give, you are entirely delusional.

Cut and paste:

This Axl owes the fans bullshit is getting out of hand. "We made you rich" is a common statement. That is correct. But nobody gave up fucking anything for that. We didn't make Axl rich out of charity or concern for his well-being. We paid 10 or 20 bucks for an album because we thought it was worth just that. We thought we got value for that amount of money back by that transaction. We did it out of pure egoistical reasons. We, us here on this board, probably would have paid even more to get to hear AFD for example, so there was really a value surplus for us in the transaction too. A consequence of us voluntarily paying for something we wanted was that Axl became rich. But NOBODY of us gave up anything for him to become rich, we all became richer by this music, right? So why should he give up parts of his life for us? To give us a few minutes of entertainment and amusement before life went back to normal again? He probably felt his life would not get back to normal again if he did that, on the other hand. If that is not what he wanted with his life, symbolically performing or appearing with people he left behind for personal reasons, then we have no right to demand that. For us to see Slash and Axl reconcile is just entertainment, like the drama of a soap opera. It has no personal meaning to us. The grudge might be petty or it might not be, but we have no right to judge people we don't even know and are not even affected by personally. Axl has every right to hold his grudge no matter how we as an audience feel about it. We. Don't. Know. Him.

Yes he does owe his fans something and its called RESPECT.

Axl has NEVER shown his fans respect. End of story.

His current band is a collection of misfits who wear fast food boxes on their heads!!!

That is genious! I diarreaed in my pants a bit @ "Its CD all over agian" and "shitty techno cock rock"

:P

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Cut and paste:

So I guess playing 3 hours every night isn't "showing his fans respect," huh?

The only people who think Axl didn't show the fans respect are people like you, people that want (and hope) for a reunion, even though Axl has been against it for the last decade. Axl not showing up is doing worse than if he was there, and he didn't fall under the pressure of the media backlash to not go to the RRHOF, he stood his ground.

Cut and paste:

The only people who think Axl didn't show the fans respect are people like you, people that want (and hope) for a reunion, even though Axl has been against it for the last decade. Axl not showing up is doing worse than if he was there, and he didn't fall under the pressure of the media backlash to not go to the RRHOF, he stood his ground.

No, it's not true that I pay what I believe the pproduct is worth. I don't think the nu-GNR show I saw was worth over a 100 bucks, I don't think CD was worth its price not to mention some of Slash's albums. But I bought them and I will probably buy the next ones because of the sentiment and gratitude that I have for them because of what they did in the past. And I know I am not the only one who thinks and acts that way. So if it wasn't for some people or many people feeling they owe something to Axl for what he had given them before he would sell much less albums and much less tickets. And therefore some reciprocity on his part would be welcome. I am not saying he should have been at the HoF or anything in particular. But saying smth like that is just ungrateful and stupid. That's all.

this letter was like a modern day estranged. axl and slash still produce amazing art together.

Yes they do. It has hardly anything to do with music but what the hell! Axl always said he was not sure if he stays in the music biz for the rest of his life...

Cut and paste:

How is he showing his fans respect? All he did in the past 12 years is playing the same setlist over and over again. And 1 album of course.

How is he showing his fans respect? All he did in the past 12 years is playing the same setlist over and over again. And 1 album of course.

I can't think of another hard rock/metal band that gives that long a show and gives the fans that much bang for their concert buck.

Ali

Wow he doesn't even want to be recognized as a member.

Why should he be, Chaka Kahn in, Rush not. Fuck that fucking PC organization.

I love the fact that he supports his band, and wants no distractions. He even used my "divorce analogy" which I have mentioned before. People move on. Man I love that guy.

My parents got divorced 30 years ago, but they both showed-up for my wedding.

There are hurt adults in this but no children whose feelings would actually be hurt, so the analogy stops there. It is entertainment. It is not personal to us.

It was personal to us...it was his f...g duty to be there....When you start being a star a rock star or any other...you must count that you HAVE TO meet the press, fans sign some photos. take some awards and so on...when you don't want to so piss off...you don't deserve to be in this business and not deserve love of your fans

There is a difference between choice and duty/obligation. Axl, Izzy, Roger Waters, Levon Helm and Paul McCartney all made choices not to attend their HOF inductions.

Ali

I can't think of another hard rock/metal band that gives that long a show and gives the fans that much bang for their concert buck.

Ali

Pearl Jam is the posterband for giving fans bang for their buck, and IMO they set the bar for concert excellence. They consistently play 3 hour shows, constantly change up their setlists to the point where each night is drastically different, and they are incredible live

Ali

Is there another rock band that stretch their shows with boring solos?

Ali

That all depends on if you find them boring. I might agree on DJ, but I love Ron and Richard.

I do admit that it's time for them to change though. It's time for Ron to start playing another classic to get added to the setlist.

Ali

That all depends on if you find them boring. I might agree on DJ, but I love Ron and Richard.

I do admit that it's time for them to change though. It's time for Ron to start playing another classic to get added to the setlist.

I think it's time that they add some new songs to the setlist instead of taking profit of the classic band.

Ali

I think it's time that they add some new songs to the setlist instead of taking profit of the classic band.

They may soon run out of the "another classics". There's only fifty or so of them.

Edited by alterreality

They may soon run out of the "another classics". There's only fifty or so of them.

Be prepared for 5 hour shows.

Ali

I agree completely. I thought that it was time to add new songs when the last tour started. I'm just pessimistic about the chances of that happening, so the possibility of a new solo is all I am really looking forward to for this tour. That, and more brilliant performances of You're Crazy.

Maybe it's sad that I can be so easily satisfied but after years of nothing, my expectations are low.