Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Radiohead Thread

The Bends is so underrated

Is it?High and Dry and Fake Plastic Trees have got to be 2 of their most popular songs on the streaming services.

I don't think they became RADIOHEAD until OK Computer. The Bends was sort of their transition record. Still great but you'd be hard pressed to predict OK Computer and then their subsequent albums from hearing The Bends

Is it?High and Dry and Fake Plastic Trees have got to be 2 of their most popular songs on the streaming services.

I don't think they became RADIOHEAD until OK Computer. The Bends was sort of their transition record. Still great but you'd be hard pressed to predict OK Computer and then their subsequent albums from hearing The Bends

For sure.

It's their last guitar album. Their last rock record.

They've been promising to put out one more guitar album for 15 years now.

For sure.It's their last guitar album. Their last rock record.They've been promising to put out one more guitar album for 15 years now.

It would be interesting to hear what a guitar rock record from them would sound like now given their last 20 years of experimentation.

For sure.It's their last guitar album. Their last rock record.They've been promising to put out one more guitar album for 15 years now.

It would be interesting to hear what a guitar rock record from them would sound like now given their last 20 years of experimentation.

Yeah. I don't really think it's going to happen, though. It's been too long.

New album coming out soon, right?

Pablo Honey is just ok, and I don't enjoy Hail to the Thief at all, but otherwise, I think all of their albums are masterpieces.

I'd agree with that

hmmm...

well, my rank of their studio albums would be....

ok computer

kid a

in rainbows

the bends

amnesiac

the king of limbs

hail to the thief

pablo honey

I would probably slip in the in rainbows bonus disc between the bends and amnesiac and the king of limbs remix album above pablo honey

Personally, I think Pablo Honey is the most underappreciated album in their discography yes, it`s not as good as their later stuff and it`s plagued by Creep ( which is a great song too bad it`s overplayed to dearth ) but I like it nonetheless, it`s a straightforward, guitar driven, Alt Rock album.

You, How Do You, Anyone Can Play Guitar, Blow Out, Thinking About You, Ripcord and Lurgee are exceptional songs.

They have at least 2-3 masterpieces on every album they've released, and at least 3-4 albums that are masterpieces themselves. Best band of the past 25 years. I can't even think of a contender.

They have at least 2-3 masterpieces on every album they've released, and at least 3-4 albums that are masterpieces themselves. Best band of the past 25 years. I can't even think of a contender.

I'd rank Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds right there with them

REM deserves mention as well.

and Wilco

and Wilco

And The Cure.

radioheadartnew.jpg

Radiohead mystifies, excites fans by erasing online presence

It wouldn't be a new Radiohead album cycle without a lot of mystery, intrigue, and strange behavior by the band.

On Sunday, the rock band sent fans into a tizzy when the group seemed to "erase" its online presence, including blank, white avatars on social media and turning its website into a blank page.

Also blank are the band's social media accounts which, besides the white images, have had all posts and other activities completely wiped from Twitter and Facebook pages.

Radiohead 2016 Tour

May 20, 21: Amsterdam, Netherlands - Heineken Music Hall

May 23, 24: Paris, France - Le Zénith

May 26-28: London, England - Roundhouse

June 1: Lyon, France - Les Nuits Des Fourvieres

June 3: Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound Festival

June 17: Reyjkavik, Iceland - Secret Solstice

July 2: St. Gallen, Switzerland - Openair St. Gallen

July 8: Lisbon, Portugal - Nos Alive Festival

July 26, 27: New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

July 29-31: Montreal, Québec - Osheaga Music and Arts Festival

Aug. 4: Los Angeles, LA - Shrine Auditorium

Aug. 8: Los Angeles, LA - Shrine Auditorium

Aug. 20: Osaka, Japan - Summersonic Festival

Aug. 21: Tokyo, Japan - Summersonic Festival

Sept. 11: Berlin, Germany - Lollapalooza

Oct. 3-4: Mexico City, Mexico - Palacio de los Deportes

My other favorite band is a real band!!!  :omg:

Really?  If GN'R wiped all presence from social media there would be no end to the pointing out of how stupid that is around here. 

Really?  If GN'R wiped all presence from social media there would be no end to the pointing out of how stupid that is around here.
Even if it resulted in a new album reveal?

Even if it resulted in a new album reveal?

I don't really follow Radiohead, so Is there a confirmed new album? Or just an expected one because the band has an actual tendency to release new music?