Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Radiohead Thread

Hi.

I just came into a little money $$$ :) and I was thinking of buying the special editions (2 CD + DVD) of Kid A & Amnesiac and maybe In Rainbows.

I don't see a lot of them floating around on eBay and I was just wondering if any one knew where to get the best prices on this kind of stuff.

Bricks and Mortar, inetrnet - wherever. They aren't available on Radiohead's offcial site: http://www.waste.uk.com/ and they are selling for about $32.00 a piece on Amazon.

Thanks.

Radiohead guitarist Johnny Greenwood has offered some enigmatic words (are there any other kind?) about their next album.

First up, he told Italian Rolling Stone that it’s “almost finished”.

He also said it would comprise “10 pieces (tracks), maybe some more”.

And that they would support the release with a “big tour”.

Okay, all of these things could be said with regards to any forthcoming release from any band, but Greenwood specified that he tends to stay out of the decision-making process.

Their first album since 2007’s In Rainbows might be coming sooner rather than later, considering the band recently redesigned their website as well.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

http://www.undercover.fm/news/12708-greenwood-says-new-radiohead-album-almost-done

Radiohead's dedicated army of fans have combined to make another live concert film, using footage filmed at the band's January 2009 Haiti fundraiser in LA (this follows a similar project for their Prague 2009 show, still available at http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr/ ).

This band-approved, two-hour film provides a wonderful document of a genuinely thrilling, one-off show, soundtracked by a high quality audio recording. You can watch it at http://www.youtube.com/formengr .

Those who enjoy it are encouraged to apply Radiohead's "pay what you want" model to an Oxfam donation at http://secure.oxfamamerica.org/site/Donation2?df_id=5100&5100.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr004=ru8oylaen2.app227a .

^ This is the complete film.

Edited by John Bonham

Jonny Greenwood Claims Radiohead Are Recording New Material (March 7, 2011)

The-King-of-Limbs-320x318_jpeg_200x318_q85.jpg

Speculation has mounted that Radiohead may swiftly follow up the recently released The King of Limbs, and guitarist Jonny Greenwood has stoked those flames in a recent interview. Greenwood was speaking to BBC 6Music, where he revealed that the band was already thinking about its next project.

"We're recording at the moment, Radiohead," he said. "We're rehearsing a bit and just playing and making music and trying to work out what to do really. We have stopped planning ahead very far, just making music and wondering where to go next and what to do.”

Naturally, this is still pretty vague, and it’s possible that the band won’t release any of these new recordings for quite some time. It also seems increasingly likely that we won’t find out what those next plans are until just before they are revealed, as the band have become experts at keeping everything they do under wraps until the last possible minute.

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/jonny-greenwood-claims-radiohead-are-recording-new/50048/

Aside from "Lotus Flower" I haven't heard one bit of music off the new album yet.

My disc is currently in transit and should be in my hands Friday :fingers-crossed: !!!!!!

The reviews describe King of Limbs as a kind of ambient, sonic landscape and I really want to hear it on my stereo, with full CD-quality audio.

I cannot wait. :)

I was a little let-down by the new album. I think they should've just called it an EP, because when you call it an album you're throwing it against one of the strongest discographies in the world. Hopefully they are recording some new stuff though, it'd be awesome to get two Radiohead releases in one year.

linky dinky

Always one to revel in the art of a good surprise, Radiohead kinda ambushed the music industry -- again -- this past February when they announced their latest album, 'The King of Limbs,' would be released at the end of that week. Few saw it coming and, yet, in the limited hours between the announcement and its release, rumors already ran rampant that the band had a second new album up their sleeve. No such luck though, according to guitarist Ed O'Brien (pictured). Perhaps that would've just been too...predictable.

The guitarist told BBC 6 Music that, naturally, they have the usual outtakes, demos and scraps of songs that never made it to the latest album's final tracklist. "But there's not like seven or eight finished songs waiting in the wings to be released now, or in the autumn, or something," said O'Brien.

Radiohead will, however, release two tracks from the current song cycle -- 'The Butcher' and 'Supercollider' -- as a special limited-edition vinyl for Record Store Day. But that's just as much to promote your local record shop, in the spirit of the holiday, as it is to release unused material from the 'King of Limbs' sessions.

"When we start a new record, we tend to start fresh," claims O'Brien. Um...pardon the pun, but guess he forgot about 'Amnesiac?'

I like King of Limbs better than Hail to the Thief.

KoL is really jazzy -- like 1975 jazz fusion Myles Davis stuff.

KoL + In Rainbows bonus disc makes a nice playlist.

KoL has grown on me so much. I actually really dig the album now. I liked it at first then started to hate it, gave it some time before i listened again and while it's not on par with In Rainbows, Hail To The Thief, Amnesiac, Ok Computer or Kid A, it's still a damn fine album in it's own right.

Also, some Radiohead covers i like:

TKOL is still one of their worst albums, but like you I like it alot more than I did (Hated it on first listen). I just needed time to warm up to it I guess.

Morning Mr. Magpie, Lotus Flower, and Seperator are the best <3

Only songs I can't get into are Little by Little and Feral.

Also: Weezer's cover :wub: I wish they were still good.

Edited by Tom

Amnesiac is probably their most underrated record. So gooooooood

Moar covers

Dunno if this is really Hanson, I so badly want to believe it is

Radiohead haven't put a foot wrong since The Bends as far as I'm concerned though TKOL does take a little time to warm up IMO.

It's really strange that I posted those covers, then I went on Stereogum to find this. :lol:

http://stereogum.com/714152/download-radioheads-20-best-cover-songs/franchises/listomania/

Haha, weird. And Dazey, I totally agree although I'm not the biggest fan of HTTT but its still damn good. I can't even properly rank the albums, I don't think.

1. OKC/ Kid A

2. The Bends

3. Amnesiac

4. In Rainbows

5. HTTT

6. TKOL

7. Pablo Honey

Something like, that, the top 6 are all fantastic though

Can someone please tell me why Kid A is good and what to look for in my 5th attempt to listen to it and understand why everyone thinks it's amazing?

Don't "attempt" to listen to it just grab a beer, turn the lights off, close your eyes, lie down and crank it! It just IS an amazing album.