Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Velvet Revolver to Audition New Singers in October

Slash has revealed that Velvet Revolver will be holding auditions for a new frontman this October.

He also confirmed that the new singer will not be Myles Kennedy.

"Velvet Revolver will be a 24-hour-a-day project and Kennedy is still committed to Alter Bridge. I don’t want to be the guy responsible for breaking up a band. But we’ll find someone. Maybe not somebody known, but some kind of local hero.”

Slash said that before Velvet Revolver launched with Scott Weiland as the singer, drummer Matt Sorum had nominated Kennedy for the role. Later, after Weiland parted ways with the rest of the band, Kennedy was approached but had to decline because of his other band, “which is very commendable, all things considered,” Slash said.

“I’m having a really great time with Myles and it’s reconstituted my faith in lead singers,” he said. “Making my solo album, I worked with 18 singers who were all fantastic, so I’m not as bitter about the concept of lead singers as I once was.”

Related Discussion: http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/1270-vr-auditioning-new-singers-in-october/