• Don't hold your breath
    • Definitely maybe

I imagine the songs marco beltrami worked on are "ballads"

seven, thyme, leave me alone, the general

Aren't all New Guns' songs ballads?

lol lonely teardrops

Aren't all New Guns' songs ballads?

lol lonely teardrops

Not all, some songs like scraped, Chinese, Riad etc don't fall in that category musically, although lyrically i can hear some references to previous "significant others", like in the title track "its time i look around for somebody else". If a new album comes out in November i will be over the moon!!!

More than one source with Guns N' Roses insiders and UMG insiders too confirmed me that the CD will be launched in November, all of them confirmed with 100% sure. As I'm not the insider I can't give you guys 100% sure, but I believe it really come out.

I can not give more details today.

Any word on what happened to the planned re-release with the alternate covers and booklet at all??

Any word on what happened to the planned re-release with the alternate covers and booklet at all??

Don't know anything about it. The covers leaked anyway...

And I don't think it was a re-release, those covers were expected in the actual release, I remember seeing in Best Buy the three cover options, I think it was Cover Aa, Bb and Cc.

Well Manets, im sorry but you're wrong! The new album will simply be called Guns N Roses. the album was delivered in April 2010 and it was rejected, it will only come out in 2011 and it will have Dj Ashba's parts

Edited by AndreCC

Well Manets, im sorry but you're wrong! The new album will simply be called Guns N Roses. the album was delivered in April 2010 and it was rejected, it will only come out in 2011 and it will have Dj Ashba's parts

Now it's 2011? :lol:

Is anyone curious to about the ballads that Axl may have rolled up his sleave? The song titles and snippets that hoarders allegedly have don't sound like ballads. Axl is great at writing ballads (and so Buckethead is great with melodies.)

So far, I have never really heard Buckethead stand out in the slow ballads on Chinese Democracy. I also have not heard references to any ballads on CD2. It would really be interesting if Axl has DAT tapes of Buckethead that he has already fit into ballads he has written. :whistleing:

All said was that the album was delivered to UMG in April, thats what my sourced confirmed. It will come out for sure in 2011 with the name guns n roses

In your view, is that the same album that Ashba said was "being written"?

Im not sure to be honest, but i would think so. Axl released every stuff he created until now, except one or two songs. So i believe he is going to release stuff that is already done as well

Im not sure to be honest, but i would think so. Axl released every stuff he created until now, except one or two songs. So i believe he is going to release stuff that is already done as well

Well that sort of contradicts the album having been handed to UMG in April if it's only being written now according to Ashba.

Well that sort of contradicts the album having been handed to UMG in April if it's only being written now according to Ashba.

True, but my source never lied to me and the record company rejected the album, so they might want Ashba in it or want some changes

I'll repeat.

GUNS N' ROSES will come out in November 2010 and it's by the Chinese Democracy Seasons lineup, Finck and all those guys. That CD is finished, Axl handed it to UMG in April and a July release was expected but it didn't happend. I suspect the Europe Tour leg had all those dates changing because they expected the album to come out so the 2nd leg could already be for the new album. It's also rumored that Rock Band 3 will feature a brand new song from this album.

The CD Ashba and Dizzy are writing is other CD.

I'll repeat.

GUNS N' ROSES will come out in November 2010 and it's by the Chinese Democracy Seasons lineup, Finck and all those guys. That CD is finished, Axl handed it to UMG in April and a July release was expected but it didn't happend. I suspect the Europe Tour leg had all those dates changing because they expected the album to come out so the 2nd leg could already be for the new album. It's also rumored that Rock Band 3 will feature a brand new song from this album.

The CD Ashba and Dizzy are writing is other CD.

Can we expect a big mea culpa thread when this does not pan out?

Why would the label reject an album?

Its free money for them. They made back for the cost of CD with the BB deal, so the follow up cost ZERO to them since it was put in with the CD sessions.

The label would not pay for more studio time and waste more money.

If they released the 2nd album Axl finished with CD, that album is all profit. So if it sells the same as CD did, that is all profit.

The album would not reject the album because it took axl TEN YEARS to make the first. You really think they would want him to take TEN more?

Its free money for them. They made back for the cost of CD with the BB deal, so the follow up cost ZERO to them since it was put in with the CD sessions.

If they released the 2nd album Axl finished with CD, that album is all profit. So if it sells the same as CD did, that is all profit.

The album would not reject the album because it took axl TEN YEARS to make the first. You really think they would want him to take TEN more?

Exactly. I think it's a given that the label ain't delaying shit. Axl's going to hold this over our heads for as long as he possibly can. I'm sure he knows that he's not going to put out an album with the current lineup, whether they're "writing" music together or not. This is all he has, and once he gives it up he'll be spent.

if it had been handed in and the label rejected it, i'd believe team axl would have let it slip, so that the fans could direct their wrath at the label

Guest Tommyguns

+1

It would stupid for them not too.

Edited by Tommyguns

True, but my source never lied to me and the record company rejected the album, so they might want Ashba in it or want some changes

so it will be chi-dem 2 with a new name and overdubbed parts ..?

MisterSaintLaurent posted that on his forum 5 days ago: "i haven't heard anything new. as far as i know the label and the band are trying to figure out if a november release can be set up properly. "

You know, this thread is really getting my hopes up for some reason. No matter how BS most of these rumors are, the fact that people are starting to give concrete dates again is starting to make me feel like something could really happen this year.

MisterSaintLaurent posted that on his forum 5 days ago: "i haven't heard anything new. as far as i know the label and the band are trying to figure out if a november release can be set up properly. "

I told "MisterSaintLaurent" about the November release, it's now quite evident that he's using my information as a means of boosting his own so called "insider" status. There was an "inside message" so to speak passed among the most reputable Guns N' Roses forumers in December of last year, it contained (correctly) the months in which the the first European leg would commence, and it listed the next record to "drop" in November. People shouldn't be pumping "November" as the absolute release time, when the album will "drop" is subject to change at any given time.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I told "MisterSaintLaurent" about the November release, it's now quite evident that he's using my information as a means of boosting his own so called "insider" status. There was an "inside message" so to speak passed among the most reputable Guns N' Roses forumers in December of last year, it contained (correctly) the months in which the the first European leg would commence, and it listed the next record to "drop" in November. People shouldn't be pumping "November" as the absolute release time, when the album will "drop" is subject to change at any given time.

When you say most reputable forumers do you mean the moderators? Who started the inside message? Guessing it was Beta?

When you say most reputable forumers do you mean the moderators? Who started the inside message? Guessing it was Beta?

Not specifically moderators, no. I couldn't extract information in regards to who exactly started this "inside" message, but I was promptly informed that this person was pretty high up and that we'd all be quite surprised in regards to this person's identity. Apparently information is circulated every now and again just to maintain some element of interest.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Not specifically moderators, no. I couldn't extract information in regards to who exactly started this "inside" message, but I was promptly informed that this person was pretty high up and that we'd all be quite surprised in regards to this person's identity. Apparently information is circulated every now and again just to maintain some element of interest.

It was Izzy?