22 - "Going Down"

23 - "Seven"

24 - "Zodiac"

25 - "Motormouth"

26 - "Hardschool (Checkmate / Jackie Chan)"

27 - "The General"

28 - "Down By The Ocean"

29 - "Eye On You"

30 - "Soul Monster (Me And My Elvis / Leave Me Alone / Elvis Presley & The Monster Of Soul)"

31 - "Real Doll.com"

32 - "Moustache"

33 - "The Rebel"

34 - "Billionare"

35 - "Nothing"

36 - "Scraped (Lies They Tell)"

37 - "State Of Grace"

38 - "Circus Maximus"

39 - "Devious Bastard"

40 - "Tonto"

41 - "Sheckler's Revenge (Chicken Dinner)"

42 - "3 Dollar Pyramid"

43 - instrumental - "Curly shuffle"

44 - instrumental - "D Tune"

45 - instrumental - "Dub Suplex"

46 - instrumental - "As It Began"

47 - intended song for Jackie Chan OST.

2 hours ago, Atlas checkmate said:

41 - "Sheckler's Revenge (Chicken Dinner)"

Is this why Axl lost industry support?

On 6/1/2010 at 12:55 AM, Guest said:

Ashba and Dizzy have confirmed a new album.

IMG_4617.jpg

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

I presumed that was a chronicling of their fisting weekend in the countryside

I don't care if someone spent twenty thousand dollars on a fifteen disc CD set. Until I hear otherwise, for myself, I stand by my assertion that there's just a handful of songs with complete vocals on them. Yeah I'm aware that there have been a couple of leaks, and I heard them, but that doesn't do anything to disprove my thoughts on the matter. Christ, one of the leaks was just another part to something that's been around for a decade. Seeing this list of new titles does nothing to dissuade the notion either, because most of them sound like something a highschooler with rockstar ambitions would write down, not because he has an actual idea for a song, but because it just sounded cool to him while he was daydreaming in science class. It'd be a kickass title that would have some drawing power, you know? Who wouldn't wanna listen to "The Rebel," or "Billionaire," or "Nothing," just so they can find out what it's about, right?

There are not forty to fifty other songs with actual vocals. Maybe there are ten to fifteen, and I'll even be generous and exclude the ones we've heard (Atlas, School, General, Silkworms, Going Down). I would genuinely be surprised if there were more than that. If the day ever comes that I'm proven wrong about this, I will happily admit to it. But that day won't come for a lot of reasons, the biggest one being I'm probably right. Axl Rose probably tinkered with the same thirty or so songs for about ten years, maybe adding a few in the early or mid two thousands, released some of them because he was practically forced to, and hasn't touched the rest since, nor has he made anymore (except Rock the Rock, and it wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to just be something someone else wrote). His band has probably continued to mess with them off and on and maybe collaborated on a few things, largely so they can have something to do, but that's more than likely it.

Two hundred and forty two tracks on fifteen CDs. Big whoop. That proves Axl worked with a group of musicians who wanted to make music and had a lot of studio time. Never would have guessed.

Call me cynical, but I haven't exactly been given a lot of reason to believe otherwise.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:04 AM, I_Are_ess said:

I fear gnr is over 

Just because they qualify for the 55 plus menu at Denny's doesn't mean you should stop believin'. You can practically see the Moons Over My Hammy when you look up at them Cuban Skies. 

On 8/23/2010 at 1:04 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

I agree with MIA on all counts.

There is no way in hell UMG or any other record label would ever reject a completed CD with Axl Rose singing on it. It could be Axl singing children's songs, Axl singing traditional folk songs from Africa, or even an entire album of "My World" remixes. They are not gonna judge the quality of the shit...they are just gonna turn around and release ANYTHING as soon as humanly possible for profit$ before the entire recording industry collapses!!

I find it laughable that people still believe that there was a preliminary version of Chinese Democracy turned in to the studio in 1999 that the label rejected for being "too industrial." I don't know who started that urban legend but it's stuck around. Turns out the label was so desperate for CD back in '99 (they'd already been waiting about 5 years at that point) that they offered Axl BONUSES if he could finish it by then! No fucking way would they then "reject" what he turned in.

There's never been any evidence that Axl has turned in anything other than "Oh My God" and the 14 tracks we got on CD. And I still think those CD tracks were forcibly TAKEN from him, as opposed to "turned in." Just my opinion though.

.....uh.   Yeah.   My bad.   Sorry Axl.    Like I said, it was just my opinion, and it turns out I was wrong.