Official Chinese Democracy 2 Rumor Thread

55 members have voted

1. 1. Chinese Democracy 2

• Don't hold your breath
    • Definitely maybe

My guess is that the (possible) July release is CD II or 'Guns N' Roses' as it's rumored to be titled, and the album Dizzy and Ashba were referring to is a completely new album that's being written by the current lineup as we speak...

Either way, it seems like exciting times are ahead! :thumbsup:

July. MSL confirmed that Universal dennied a July release.

He didn't say that they flat-out denied it, just that there were issues with marketing it. Which is understandable after Axl's 2008 disappearing act. I just hope they come to some sort of agreement that allows this album to come out in July, as is apparently the plan.

BTW, MSL making a statement like this is a pretty good sign, as he was the first person to break the news about the Best Buy deal and the November 23, 2008 release date. In other words he doesn't just say shit like this to watch us freak out. I'm letting myself get excited about this. :D

Rumors are better than nothing - but I'd still prefer if someone just leaked a song or two.

Im going to try and wait til the albums release this time around. Last time i couldn't help it because we had no idea if the album was even coming out or not and i wanted to hear new music, but if the album comes out this year, il hold off listening to leaks. But the Guns camp are going to have to be a bit more vocal about their plans, why must they be so silent... In a way i kind of like their silence, it brings a Led Zeppalin kind of mystique, a grandiosity feel to it. But big announcements should be made by the band.

I'm expecting a more raw rock record this time around. Something like Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue, which has Ashba writing credits all over it.

I'm expecting a more raw rock record this time around. Something like Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue, which has Ashba writing credits all over it.

That would certainly not be a bad thing. If that came out close to Chinese Democracy II, we're in for a real treat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the newer album had a rawer rock sound, DJ was brought in to play the rockier Appetite stuff and it seems this lineup is much more rock orientated.

Frank is probably a more hardrock drummer than Brain, but Brain had alot styles he could play, hiphop, industrial, rock. Where as I think Frank has a rockier feel to his drumming.

DJ is a much rockier player than Finck who was more industrial and in my opinion while a good guitarist didn't really fit the mould as well as DJ did.

Bumble is a brilliant guitarist and like Bucket he is a very good shredder but he has quite alot of rocky work in his solo catalogue.

I think Bumble, Frank and DJ make this lineup much "rockier" then Bucket, Finck and Brain did, seems like the more experimental and industrial muscians have been replace/ phased out.

A new album written by Ashba and Dizzy instead of the Buckethead/Finck album we were expecting is the worst GN'R-related news I've heard in a long, long time. :(

A new album written by Ashba and Dizzy instead of the Buckethead/Finck album we were expecting is the worst GN'R-related news I've heard in a long, long time. :(

Unless that's actually the third album. MSL said one had already been handed in, that's a big difference from "being written".

Unless that's actually the third album. MSL said one had already been handed in, that's a big difference from "being written".

I'm really, really hoping that this is the case. If Axl simply nixes the CD2 material with Robin and Buckethead I'm going to be extremely dissapointed. Yeah, Ashba and Bumble are talented guitarists, whatever, that's the album 99% of the fans want...barring a reunion album of course. ;)

HEY DON'T CONFUSE STUFF!

The album to be launched this year is not the same Dj and Dizzy talked about! The 2010 album, Guns N' Roses, is long finished and it's with the same line-up from Chinese Democracy, all the songs are from the Chinese Democracy Seasons. The album Dj and Dizzy talked about is another one, they'll go on studio for it in the beggining of 2011. ;)

The 2010 album: Guns N' Roses, by the Chinese Democracy Seasons lineup, tracks that didn't make on Chinese Democracy for some reason. I don't no why it isn't called Chinese Democracy II. From what I heard, Rock Band 3 will feature a song from this album. The album was expected to be launched in July, and with the Rock Band 3 release on that month, it would be a great promo. But UMG, that already have the album is annoyed with it and this album will only see the light of the day in November. IGN confirmed in their latest podcast that they were given a US$1,000,000 embargo not to mention what they heard on Rock Band 3.

The 2011 album: BRAND new, by the actual lineup. They're going on studio on early 2011 for this.

Edited by ManetsBR

Universal Music Group: "We'd love to release your new album, Axl."

Axl Rose: "I want a multi-million dollar promotion campaign, with dolphins."

UMG: "No way. After your disappearing act in 2008, we're going to spend even less than we did on Chinese Democracy."

Axl: "Fuck you cunts."

HEY DON'T CONFUSE STUFF!

The album to be launched this year is not the same Dj and Dizzy talked about! The 2010 album, Guns N' Roses, is long finished and it's with the same line-up from Chinese Democracy, all the songs are from the Chinese Democracy Seasons. The album Dj and Dizzy talked about is another one, they'll go on studio for it in the beggining of 2011. ;)

The 2010 album: Guns N' Roses, by the Chinese Democracy Seasons lineup, tracks that didn't make on Chinese Democracy for some reason. I don't no why it isn't called Chinese Democracy II. From what I heard, Rock Band 3 will feature a song from this album. The album was expected to be launched in July, and with the Rock Band 3 release on that month, it would be a great promo. But UMG, that already have the album is annoyed with it and this album will only see the light of the day in November. IGN confirmed in their latest podcast that they were given a US$1,000,000 embargo not to mention what they heard on Rock Band 3.

The 2011 album: BRAND new, by the actual lineup. They're going on studio on early 2011 for this.

One problem, Rock Band 3 doesn't have a release date at the moment and it won't be in July as Rock Band: Green Day is out in the next couple of weeks. RB3 will most likely be released for Fall/ Christmas 2010 as they won't release it so close to another big Rock Band game.

Edited by Tottenham

UMG releases crap that won't and does not sell a fraction of what a new Guns N' Roses album would pull in all the time. I absolutely, 100%, gaurantee you that if Axl was reasonable in regard to marketing and promotion and promised to do his part, they would have no quelms at all about releasing this album in July.

That said, I think we know how this is going to end. <_<

One problem, Rock Band 3 doesn't have a release date at the moment and it won't be in July as Rock Band: Green Day is out in the next couple of weeks. RB3 will most likely be released for Fall/ Christmas 2010 as they won't release it so close to another big Rock Band game.

That's even better. Fall is when the new album is supposed to come out.

UMG releases crap that won't and does not sell a fraction of what a new Guns N' Roses album would pull in all the time. I absolutely, 100%, gaurantee you that if Axl was reasonable in regard to marketing and promotion and promised to do his part, they would have no quelms at all about releasing this album in July.

That said, I think we know how this is going to end. <_<

I know, thats what is soooo frustrating about the whole thing. Im not sure if Axl is being unreasonable but considering UMG/Azoff supposedly dropped the ball last time, i don't think Axl wants the same thing to happen again. Who knows though, with Guns, its always taken longer than it should have. Even when UYI was put out, i read they spent a year mixing the albums!! Even Axl said it was Geffen's "marketing plan" to have UYI 1 and II. They probably want the album out in the 4th quarter, i don't know why but most record label execs seem to love the 4th quarter for some strange reason....

Might have been me misunderstanding you but I thought you said the new album was going to be out in July with RB3?

You misunderstood. That release was postponed to November.

I don't be-lieve for a second that a new guns album will be out this year...

we know of the 8 wks. to manufacture (from the Merk's timeline back in the day), and we know there are law suits in the works. Who knows what deals Azoff struck with whom-ever, and these deals have since been busted...

I wish as much as the next person that the new guns will pump some life back into the brand. Ashba + BBF might do some cool work, but in the end, we need to hear the SRV (anyone else here remember a true guitar player like SRV??) type solo, and hear what else was in the vault.

New stuff after the work that has been hung over our head since, at least, '06 ("I always considered it a double..."; "same bat time same bat channel...").

dPv

Universal Music Group: "We'd love to release your new album, Axl."

Axl Rose: "I want a multi-million dollar promotion campaign, with dolphins."

UMG: "No way. After your disappearing act in 2008, we're going to spend even less than we did on Chinese Democracy."

Axl: "Fuck you cunts."

JB, like I said yesterday, that scenario makes more sense to me if Axl hasn't turned in the album yet. After all, what leverage does he have to fight for a big promo campaign when he's already turned in the record?

Ali

I think it's more like:

Axl: "Here's the album. Launch it (: "

UMG: "Gimme that"

Axl: "Well..."

UMG: "The album is not very good to promote itself and the Chinese Democracy aurea mistery is gone. Will you promote it?"

Axl: "Not the way you're expecting."

UMG: "So forget it. Chinese Democracy was able to sell itself for being what it is, but I don't think this album is able to do that."

Axl: "But Rock Band 3 will feature a Guns N' Roses song. C'mon, it's a fucking good promotion"

UMG: "Of course it is, Axl, of course it is :facepalm: "

Edited by ManetsBR

I think it goes like this.

Axl: "Here's the album. Launch it!"

UMG: "Does it have Slash on it?"

Axl: "No he's out of the band."

UMG: "Goodbye!"

naaaaaaaaaaah