1. 1. Chinese Democracy 2

• Don't hold your breath
    • Definitely maybe

I think it goes like this.

Axl: "Here's the album. Launch it!"

UMG: "Does it have Slash on it?"

Axl: "No he's out of the band."

UMG: "Goodbye!"

Ha. No matter what some people say, Guns N' Roses are still moderately successful. Sure, Chinese Democracy didn't sell a catastrophic number of records, and by GNR standards it was probably a flop, but it still sold a few million, which is more than a lot of albums these days do. More than a lot of albums that UMG put out as well.

Ha. No matter what some people say, Guns N' Roses are still moderately successful. Sure, Chinese Democracy didn't sell a catastrophic number of records, and by GNR standards it was probably a flop, but it still sold a few million, which is more than a lot of albums these days do. More than a lot of albums that UMG put out as well.

If every album UMG put out sold as well as CD they'd be very successful. No matter how you look at it, they really have no reason *not* to put out the next album. I'm sure they're just nervous over how to market it as they know that they definitely cannot rely on Axl Rose to promote it in any way, God forbid. :rolleyes:

I've always liked MSL, but I certainly don't believe everything he says - do you really think it's "the suits" who are holding this record up?

I've always liked MSL, but I certainly don't believe everything he says - do you really think it's "the suits" who are holding this record up?

No I think they are worried Axl will go awol again.

Even if the promotion isn't all Axl wanted for CD he allegedly was unable to be contacted for two months and finally reappeared with the forum chats.

What was to stop him doing the forum chats straight away, doing interviews, a live performance or two or release a video to youtube?

I definitely let my wishful thinking get the better of me in regard to MSL's "album in July" comments. I should have known better than to think Axl would push to do something different and constructive that the fans might, you know, like. :P

So when are people going to start using these multi-tracks to make fake alternate demo versions of the stuff from Chinese?

Multitracks are cool to hear on youtube, but I've never cared enough to clutter my itunes with them. So honestly, I could care less about who's hoarding them. Now show me the guy who has Atlas Shrugged, Leave Me Alone, and The General, and that's the guy I want to join this forum. :thumbsup :

Multitracks are cool to hear on youtube, but I've never cared enough to clutter my itunes with them. So honestly, I could care less about who's hoarding them. Now show me the guy who has Atlas Shrugged, Leave Me Alone, and The General, and that's the guy I want to join this forum. :thumbsup :

I'd like to be able to say that we'll have a new song by the first day of Summer.

I'd like to be able to say that we'll have a new song by the first day of Summer.

I would certainly like to be able to say the same. :D

You don't put them in iTunes. You put them on audio editing programs where you can listen to them all at once and edit them with ease.

Hi everyone, new here (looks like everybody else is too). Anyway, does anybody actually believe that another album is coming out this year?? Really?? It's a nice thought, but I learned my lesson about "the albums coming out this year" every year starting in like 2001 when Axl said "the albums coming out this year". It's the usual circus in the GNR camp; lawsuits and bullshit. Nobody will even say if they have plans to plan a U.S. tour, let alone actually commit to one. I'm glad the rumors exist, though; makes it feel like something might actually be in the works. Anyway, I'm not trying to doubt anyone's "sources", as I'm sure there is some truth to some of these different rumors regarding albums and attempted forced reunions and whatnot; I just never know where the bullshit begins and ends at.

Listen to that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQmrwrw0OI4

I'm not sure if this is really gake. There are some fakes on utube that you listen and say "whoa, so fake". You know, you can realise when it's a program playing and when it's a band.

BUT this one it's a band and the guitar really sounds like finck and tobias and the drums looks a lot like brian. The outro is very GNR too hehe.

My theory is that instrumental is legit and hoarder added those quotes to mislead people that don't have anything to trade. :confused:

Well, it was interesting to listen to. I've never heard those guitar parts, especially the ending.

Certainly not real, though. :)

The only real leaks are the ones that have vocals that can you tell its Axl.

All the vocaless so call leaks are fake.

And yes we have better, twat, and irs instrumentals but we had the vocal versions first.

Possibly it is not as far fetched as you may think...It makes much more sense to release the album around Christmas season when people are shopping and the malls are packed with Christmas shoppers then in the middle of summer which is a slow selling season for most retail here in the U.S.A....This is what the company I work for does with our products. They are announced in September/ October to capitalize on the Christmas buying frenzy..

Also with a July release unless they do a U.S. tour this summer to promote it here the thing will sell less then ChiDem I and be in the cutout bins by Christmas.....

Lets face nobody other than the hardcore fans on this and other forums are sitting around waiting for this album. Waiting until the Christmas season for release is smart business...

Possibly it is not as far fetched as you may think...It makes much more sense to release the album around Christmas season when people are shopping and the malls are packed with Christmas shoppers then in the middle of summer which is a slow selling season for most retail here in the U.S.A....This is what the company I work for does with our products. They are announced in September/ October to capitalize on the Christmas buying frenzy..

Also with a July release unless they do a U.S. tour this summer to promote it here the thing will sell less then ChiDem I and be in the cutout bins by Christmas.....

Lets face nobody other than the hardcore fans on this and other forums are sitting around waiting for this album. Waiting until the Christmas season for release is smart business...

The last Guns N' Roses CDs that Axl was bureaucratically envolved were launched in a November 23. Probably all of them due to the marketing thing.

Is anyone curious to about the ballads that Axl may have rolled up his sleave? The song titles and snippets that hoarders allegedly have don't sound like ballads. Axl is great at writing ballads (and so Buckethead is great with melodies.)

So far, I have never really heard Buckethead stand out in the slow ballads on Chinese Democracy. I also have not heard references to any ballads on CD2. It would really be interesting if Axl has DAT tapes of Buckethead that he has already fit into ballads he has written. :whistleing:

Is anyone curious to about the ballads that Axl may have rolled up his sleave? The song titles and snippets that hoarders allegedly have don't sound like ballads. Axl is great at writing ballads (and so Buckethead is great with melodies.)

So far, I have never really heard Buckethead stand out in the slow ballads on Chinese Democracy. I also have not heard references to any ballads on CD2. It would really be interesting if Axl has DAT tapes of Buckethead that he has already fit into ballads he has written. :whistleing:

We know it's not ballad:

Oh My God

Berlin

The General

Seven

Soul Monster

Down By The Ocean

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

BTW... some other sources have confirmed and now I'm quiet sure the new album is coming out on November.

We know it's not ballad:

Oh My God

Berlin

The General

Seven

Soul Monster

Down By The Ocean

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

BTW... some other sources have confirmed and now I'm quiet sure the new album is coming out on November.

Good sources though??

We know it's not ballad:

Oh My God

Berlin

The General

Seven

Soul Monster

Down By The Ocean

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

You're forgetting "Thyme", "Zodiac" and "Quick Song" in that list.

I'm skeptical to say the least about the November release. It would be great if you were right, though.

Ali

We know it's not ballad:

Oh My God

Berlin

The General

Seven

Soul Monster

Down By The Ocean

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

Manets, could you tell us about the sources?

Just so we can make our minds up about their trust-worthiness - so as not to build up false hopes

More than one source with Guns N' Roses insiders and UMG insiders too confirmed me that the CD will be launched in November, all of them confirmed with 100% sure. As I'm not the insider I can't give you guys 100% sure, but I believe it really come out.

I can not give more details today.