Official Chinese Democracy 2 Rumor Thread

44 members have voted

1. 1. Chinese Democracy 2

• Don't hold your breath
    • Definitely maybe

This guy doesn't bullshit, right?

Rumor:

Universal did not want to release Chinese Democracy due to the high expectations of the Guns N' Roses album. Former Guns N' Roses Manager Azoff convinced them to release the album with tracks that have already been leaked with some weaker songs. Azoff also promised that for the release of the next album, that he would have Slash and Duff back in the band. Slash would rework all of Robin Fincks parts and Duff would add some filler parts in. The following album was to have a new name instead of Chinese Democracy II. Several names had been tossed around: "Guns N' Roses", "Reloaded", "Black-Out". Universal felt that the tracks for the follow up album would make a very strong rock record.

In the USA, both Wal-Mart and Best Buy were competing for having exclusive rights to sell the album because of it's novelty. When Wal-Mart representatives heard the tracks, they knew it was not going to sell because it was an average album and pulled out. Best Buy had been used as leverage multiple times against Wal-Mart for exclusive album deals. Best Buy was so hungry to get an big exclusive deal that they jumped at the chance even though it broke them for their Holiday advertising and had nothing to promote the album with. Universal and Azoff won big on the deal.

Azoff told Finck that he was fired, leaving Axl short a guitarist. Axl had no clue that this happened. Azoff tried to convince Axl that it made good business sense to bring in Slash. It would have helped album sales. Then Azoff told Axl that he was working on a Mega Tour with Van Halen and to make things work They wanted Slash in Guns N' Roses. Axl said he might be open to it, if the tour can be worked out. The tour never materialized, Axl went on a search for another guitarist. Azoff and Universal were not happy with it. Axl along with other management brought in Ashba and set new tour dates with the intention of releasing Chinese Democracy II in the near future.

MSL's reply:

original post contains more truth than fiction. those album titles are made up tho. "guns n' roses" is and has been the name of the next album for quite some time.

What do you guys think? I personally think it makes a lot of sense, although I have a hard time believing Axl would have ever considered a reunion. It gets me really excited to hear the songs that Universal thought would make a good rock record.

Edited by Guest
Added poll

I'm skeptical about another album - I'm more excited about leaks.

As am I, since they're more realistic any way. Didn't MSL say he was going to work on getting us The General?

As am I, since they're more realistic any way. Didn't MSL say he was going to work on getting us The General?

Wouldn't surprise me if some of it were truth. Except the part about Axl being open to working with Slash again and the Walmart thing. MSL said BestBuy got the deal so that all the songs could make it on the album(Walmart doesn't sell CDs with profanity) and also to spark up a bidding war for future CDs between the two giants(although this failed bigtime). Slash and Duff "reworking" parts of the songs??? NO CHANCE. The Finck thing could very well be true... that whole thing was weird as, Axl didn't even seem to know if he was in or not..

Sadly MSL doesn't say what is fact or fiction :(

i never read the whole writs for the current suit and countersuit, but it seems there's a few clues in the o/post concerning axl's allegations mentioned in the other thread. . sabotaging CD with 'weak and leaked songs' and the points in the last para (if they're true) about azoff's pressure to get slash in, even dangling van halen as bait.

MSL is a reliable source as far as im concerned. Never failed to deliver whenever he promised to do just that!

If someone is rich here and wants to spend some money on getting songs, contact me, i have a source that will help out.

The only thing is: they want money and only serious offers

He's got a choice, keep touring as a novilty act, or get Gnr (or the Gnr the public want to see) back together!

I sence Axl has too much of a chip on his shoulder to do anything the right way though

He's got a choice, keep touring as a novilty act, or get Gnr (or the Gnr the public want to see) back together!

I sence Axl has too much of a chip on his shoulder to do anything the right way though

The 10,000 people at the show I attended hardly seemed phased by it being a "novelty act".

Another "update" from MSL

Hi MSL, it`s been a while since I have seen you posting on here! You know anymore specifics about the next Guns album?

was turned in last month in hopes of a july release. UMG isn't interested in marketing a new GNR album right now. not sure how the impasse will be resolved.

WOW dude I really didn't expect that. I didn't really trusted my new album info source, but he said the same stuff as MSL. The GUNS N' ROSES selftitled album, Axl handing UMG the new album but they been annoyed with that. BTW, the person who MSL was going to get The General, I know him, is the same person who "gave" him the leaks and the source for all this info.

WOW dude I really didn't expect that. I didn't really trusted my new album info source, but he said the same stuff as MSL. The GUNS N' ROSES selftitled album, Axl handing UMG the new album but they been annoyed with that. BTW, the person who MSL was going to get The General, I know him, is the same person who "gave" him the leaks and the source for all this info.

Is there any other info about the new album/Robin's leaving/the lack of promotion that you have been told about but your source?? Is MSL's source trustworthy?

What is it going to take for the label to release the next album? Fucking Suits!

I think the release of Chidem set a precedent for future Guns albums where:

Axl wasn't happy with the labels lack of help

Label wasn't happy with the time and money it took for the album

Label decides to do a rush job on the record, draft booklet, no promo

Axl refuses to do the talk show circuit, videos, promo

Label reluctant to finance the follow up album

This could be how it went down but i don't know much more then anyone else here. The Azoff thing sure does make a whole lot of sense. Even though he organised the Best Buy deal and profited from it, the original Guns reunion is what he really wanted. The pay off from that would have made the commission he made of Best Buy look like pocket change.. Something probably transpired between the time the Best Buy deal was signed to the actual album's release that sent Axl MIA, im guessing it was Azoff's persistance of a reunion, followed by Azoff's withdrawal completely.

I think the release of Chidem set a precedent for future Guns albums where:

Axl wasn't happy with the labels lack of help

Label wasn't happy with the time and money it took for the album

Label decides to do a rush job on the record, draft booklet, no promo

Axl refuses to do the talk show circuit, videos, promo

Label reluctant to finance the follow up album

This could be how it went down but i don't know much more then anyone else here. The Azoff thing sure does make a whole lot of sense. Even though he organised the Best Buy deal and profited from it, the original Guns reunion is what he really wanted. The pay off from that would have made the commission he made of Best Buy look like pocket change.. Something probably transpired between the time the Best Buy deal was signed to the actual album's release that sent Axl MIA, im guessing it was Azoff's persistance of a reunion, followed by Azoff's withdrawal completely.

Or Azoff was doing all of this with Axls blessing but it fell through, so Axl used Azoff as a scapgoat.

Think about it. Azoff was trying to do a reunion, it was rumored that Axl visited slash for a reunion talk, and Scott even said there were gnr reunion talks.

IT all points to Axl knowing and wanting this but it feel through, now he is just lying saying he didnt want this to protect his current band

Edited by dave-gnfnr2k

Another person who’s partied with Rose says he’s working on a new album after last year’s ... “Chinese Democracy” — the first Guns N’ Roses studio album in 15 years — and has something to prove.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/new_york_hottest_party_boy_H44lJMpys5ISi02a7jB7hM/1#ixzz0lHkdIDa9

Fernando Lebeis: Working on a new project... should be done in a 4months...

February 21 at 5:10pm

As with anything involving Guns N' Roses, it's fingers crossed and that's about it. That said, I can't get my head around why UMG wouldn't be interested with it at the minute. Surely if this album has been turned in, that's more than they could've possibly hoped for.

Exactly, bearing in mind it took them 14 years for CD to have gotten CDII already you would think they can't wait to get it out but if you look at the CD release and all of lack of promotion there is no wonder why they would not want to release it without promotion.

Working on a new project... should be done in a 4months...

February 21 at 5:10pm

July. MSL confirmed that Universal dennied a July release.

By the way, I don't see any Chinese Democracy references on the Europe Tour Poster 2010, while the posters of the other legs of this tour had many. The poster is only full of references to the classic Guns N' Roses symbols, skulls, Guns N' Roses. This tour ends in July. When Guns N' Roses wanted to launch it's album Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses album was coming in July and it's tour would have started.

Just a theory. :whistleing:

Edited by ManetsBR

Rumors are better than nothing - but I'd still prefer if someone just leaked a song or two.

You'd assume if that if there is a new album sometime in the relatively near future, we'd see a single at some stage.