AbominableHoman

What are you drinking tonight?

Christ on a crutch, I haven't had a drink in over four years.  I have drinking dreams sometimes and I always feel so guilty....I broke my streak.  Then I wake up and realize it didn't happen and I'm relieved.

But the other day I was thinking about how I used to come home from work on a Friday and buy a few cheap bottles of red wine.  "I'll drink while I cook, like an Italian guy!" I thought.   But I'd finish the first bottle in about 20 minutes, and then the next two, and an hour later I'd be out looking for more booze, and I forgot to cook altogether.  Good times. 

Once I couldn't find my corkscrew so I took the bottle outside and used the shoe method to open it.

You ever eat dark chocolate while drinking red wine?  Damn, it's amazing.  The wine just makes the chocolate pop.

I feel like I've polished off a bottle of wine sometime recently....it's such a vivid memory.  Almost tactile...the vinegar smell of it...the way it makes your lips sticky.   But it really has been over four years.   It's crazy how time flies.

Unless I drank while sleepwalking somehow.....but I don't sleepwalk.

There’s something about taking down an indian buffet free flow booze deal that makes life worthwhile. 5 pints of Carlsberg and 7 glasses of some horrible red wine and a few plates of suspect meats covered in spicy slop. $15. 

41 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

Grapefruit juice. The price of a grapefruit these days is outrageous.

I just bought a grapefruit. It was 68¢. Not a good grapefruit but still affordable. 

On 5/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Christ on a crutch, I haven't had a drink in over four years.  I have drinking dreams sometimes and I always feel so guilty....I broke my streak.  Then I wake up and realize it didn't happen and I'm relieved.

But the other day I was thinking about how I used to come home from work on a Friday and buy a few cheap bottles of red wine.  "I'll drink while I cook, like an Italian guy!" I thought.   But I'd finish the first bottle in about 20 minutes, and then the next two, and an hour later I'd be out looking for more booze, and I forgot to cook altogether.  Good times. 

Once I couldn't find my corkscrew so I took the bottle outside and used the shoe method to open it.

You ever eat dark chocolate while drinking red wine?  Damn, it's amazing.  The wine just makes the chocolate pop.

I feel like I've polished off a bottle of wine sometime recently....it's such a vivid memory.  Almost tactile...the vinegar smell of it...the way it makes your lips sticky.   But it really has been over four years.   It's crazy how time flies.

Unless I drank while sleepwalking somehow.....but I don't sleepwalk.

I stopped smoking tobacco a few years ago (and weed years before that) and I sometimes dream I have been smoking/broken the streak and feel awfully guilty as I wake And then realise I dreamt it.

Sometimes I can smell the smoke too.

You guys are going to say BS, but there was one distinctive dream where I dreamt that I was high, and I felt high. I think what happened though is that my heart skipped a beat and I woke up feeling strange.

Dreamt I drank a bottle of gin and projectiled into the toilet at 4am on Saturday morning and woke up and realised that it was in fact reality.