AbominableHoman

What are you drinking tonight?

I am aware it is Canadian. I am also aware that it's overpriced crap. As is Patron.

On 4/3/2017 at 6:23 PM, arnold layne said:

Last night I had a Guinness or two and went to Dave & Buster's. Not a huge fan of the arcade shtick but I love air-hockey. I can play it for hours. 

Do you guys get proper draught Guinness over there, or is it the shite in cans? Stella is known as wife beater over here, nasty stuff. There's a huge gulf between what draught Stella is like and the cans or bottles. One of my flatmates would get it a lot, and they introduced these bullshit bottles that infuriate me. They've got paper all the up the neck and over the bottle cap, and while it looks fancy, it means if you just open it normally, you taste paper every time you go to have a drink. So you have to take off all the paper and it's so unnecessary.

Edit: These motherfuckers.

41pLYxIzHzL.jpg

12 minutes ago, Conor said:

Do you guys get proper draught Guinness over there, or is it the shite in cans? Stella is known as wife beater over here, nasty stuff. There's a huge gulf between what draught Stella is like and the cans or bottles. One of my flatmates would get it a lot, and they introduced these bullshit bottles that infuriate me. They've got paper all the up the neck and over the bottle cap, and while it looks fancy, it means if you just open it normally, you taste paper every time you go to have a drink. So you have to take off all the paper and it's so unnecessary.

Edit: These motherfuckers.

41pLYxIzHzL.jpg

We have those Stella bottles here.

We have a lot of Irish here in New England, and have many, many varieties of Guinness.

If you order in a bar, it is served from a tap, "on draught."

Some bars serve Guinness with Nitro taps -- creamy and done right of you ask me.

1 minute ago, John Bonham said:

We have those Stella bottles here.

We have a lot of Irish here in New England, and have many, many varieties of Guinness.

If you order in a bar, it is served from a tap, "on draught."

Some bars serve Guinness with Nitro taps -- creamy and done right of you ask me.

You want those great taps that you pull for the majority, leave to settle, then push the tap to gently finish the pint. Perfect. Is that the Nitro tap you're referring to? God I'd love a Guinness right now. That's good news about most bars having it on tap though. Hotels can be particularly bastardising in that they've got a fake tap on the bar, then grab you a can from the fridge. Fuck right off. I'll happily buy cans from the supermarket but just you stop that, don't lure me in with a fake sign.

All the bars ( i have ever been to) have the special Guinness tap at the end of the bar, but only really good bars have the Guinness tap hooked-up to Nitro.

1 minute ago, Conor said:

You want those great taps that you pull for the majority, leave to settle, then push the tap to gently finish the pint.

Strictly speaking this is how you should pour all draught Guinness, but the pull/push combination is something only the more recent taps utilise.

I like Stella in the glass bottles.

They have a fattening taste, and they are relatively low in alcohol. They are good in the Summer.