John Bonham

Reckless Road to be Released in UK as a "Bookazine"

Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses And The Making Of Appetite For Destruction, in which author Marc Canter tells of the making of the band's multimillion-selling debut, Appetite for Destruction, will be released in the UK on December 1 as a Classic Rock bookazine called Classic Rock Presents Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses And The Making Of Appetite For Destruction.

Marc Canter is an amateur photographer and the owner and general manager of the legendary rock 'n' roll hangout Canter's Deli in Los Angeles, California. He has been friends with Slash for over 34 years and, has had unlimited access to the formative years of one of the greatest rock bands of all time, Guns N' Roses. An avid collector, Canter is proud and excited to share his memories with the public for the first time.

When teenager and amateur photographer Marc Canter set out to document his best friend Saul Hudson's rise as a rock guitarist in 1982, he never imagined he was documenting the genesis of the next great rock 'n' roll band. His friend became the legendary guitarist Slash, and Canter found himself witnessing the creation of GN'R front and center. The candid shots contained in Reckless Road, taken as the band toured in 1985-1987 and made the legendary album Appetite For Destruction, capture their raw, blood-sweat-and-tears performances as well as their intimate moments. Containing original gig memorabilia including show flyers, ticket stubs, set lists, press clippings, and handwritten lyrics as well as in-depth interviews with band members and the people closest to them, Reckless Road offers an explicit, first-person perspective readers won't find anywhere else.

Originally published in America in 2008, Reckless Road contains interviews with Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler, as well as groupies, failed producers, and former managers and bandmates. Canter amassed a treasure trove of memorabilia, including:

* Lyrics to "My Michelle", written on the back of a water-stained flier

* A $37,500 advance check from Geffen that has Slash's name misspelled as "Stash"

* 1,000 never-before-seen photos

* Audio/video recordings for the bands first 50 shows

http://www.recklessroad.com/

It would be cool if Marc started blowing up some of the photos from the book and selling them as posters.

Edited by Randy Lahey

It would be cool if Marc started blowing up some of the photos from the book and selling them as posters.

I hope they make Marc's book into a film.

I hope they make Marc's book into a film.

I think Duff's book would make a good movie too.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Look here: http://www.recklessroad.com/store-prints_1.html

It's not showing up when you hit "Store", but when you are in the store, you go to collectors edition, click on one of the covers (I clicked on the Izzy one), it will enlarge, then you click on it again, it goes back to the collectors edition section, but a lot of new options are available in the shop.

Very cool, I'll be picking that up. I enjoyed the book, but to be honest I never really got round to actually reading it, I just flicked through it. A lot :) Definately worth the money though for any fan of band.

One of the greatest alltime books on a bands formative years...It is still amazing to me that he took all those photos, kept all the poster and tickets and video and audio taped many of the early club shows...Bought the regular and Slash cover editions of the book..............you should get into it Conor as it is a great read...........

Hey Marc will we will you ever be able to release all those videos and audios you recorded??? would love to see and hear them.............

One of the greatest alltime books on a bands formative years...It is still amazing to me that he took all those photos, kept all the poster and tickets and video and audio taped many of the early club shows...Bought the regular and Slash cover editions of the book..............you should get into it Conor as it is a great read...........

Hey Marc will we will you ever be able to release all those videos and audios you recorded??? would love to see and hear them.............

One of my goals was to get that stuff out to the fans in some kind of box set. We have to wait till the all the stars are all lined up and the band is all on the same page as far as talking terms. Don't worry it's only a matter of time before the fans get the goods.

One of my goals was to get that stuff out to the fans in some kind of box set. We have to wait till the all the stars are all lined up and the band is all on the same page as far as talking terms. Don't worry it's only a matter of time before the fans get the goods.

Outstanding!!!!...those would be Holy Grail for me and I will really look forward to that day as I love the clips you posted in the online extended version of the book... :thumbsup:

On more question regarding the shows you taped...there are several videos floating around of some of the clubs shows...are those yours or did other people video tape some of the shows?

Edited by classicrawker

Outstanding!!!!...those would be Holy Grail for me and I will really look forward to that day as I love the clips you posted in the online extended version of the book... :thumbsup:

On more question regarding the shows you taped...there are several videos floating around of some of the clubs shows...are those yours or did other people video tape some of the shows?

They are mine and the only shows that was also video taped by 2 people was the 8/23/86 Whisky gig and it was done by one of the girl friends and the Music Machine was also taped for me for $75.00 That is the one that fades in and out with 2 cameras. There was a guy named Video Bob that I hired to shoot it.