20 replies to this topic

#1 RocketQueen1985

RocketQueen1985

Haters Gonna Hate

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Anna Lintner, the grandmother of famous heavy metal artist Axl Rose, was to have her funeral in Grant Park this morning after dying Monday at the age of 96.

Her famous rocker grandson, currently on a tour of the Americas, isn't expected to attend the services, said Lintner's sister, Patty Rosenbrock, of Manteno.

"He hasn't had contact with this part of the family for some time," Rosenbrock said of her great nephew. "I think he thinks we're a bunch of squares or something."

http://daily-journal...y.php?id=481399

Anna A. Lintner, age 96, passed away Monday, Oct. 17, 2011.

She was born to Henry and Anna Rosenbrock, in rural Grant Park, Dec. 5, 1914.

She is survived by three of her seven siblings, sisters, Elizabeth Graves, of Grant Park, Mary Rosenbrock, of Manteno, and Judith Johnson, of Momence; her son, Jerry Lintner, his wife, Jan, and daughter, Hannah Hickey, and her husband, Jeff, and their daughter, Riley, all of Connecticut. She is predeceased by her daughter, Sharon Bailey, and is survived by Sharon's children, Axl Rose and Stuart and Amy Bailey. Additionally, she is also survived by nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews who, along with her sisters, have been so supportive of her when she returned to Illinois. Anna resided in Lafayette, Ind., for 60 years until she returned to Illinois for health reasons.

She was a member and longtime volunteer at St. James Lutheran Church, Lafayette Home Hospital and Oakland School as a school yard supervisor, also in Lafayette. She was a confirmed member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Grant Park, where her funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 21. Viewing hours begin at 9 a.m. at the church. A light lunch will be served after the burial service. In lieu of flowers, donations to St. Paul's Lutheran Church or a charity of your preference would be welcome. Hub Funeral Chapel, Grant Park, is in charge of arrangements.

http://daily-journal...y.php?id=481347

Edited by RocketQueen1985, 21 October 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#2 to the moon

to the moon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

'' he thinks we are a bunch of squares" = he knows they are fake aholes

#3 Conor

Conor

Tiny Twink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts
  • LocationDundee/Belfast

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Well done to her for making it 96 years.
Posted Image

#4 Changes

Changes

Top Gun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

"I think he thinks we're a bunch of squares or something." - Well done to manage to write a negative article about this too. I don't know... If they weren't particularly close, haven't lived in the same town for 30 years, and the woman dies at 96, I don't think it's very controversial not to cancel a huge show for the funeral.

#5 kostabi

kostabi

Guns N' Roses

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

It's not a negative article. It's a direct quote from a relative. Axl has cancelled a whole US tour. I don't think he'd hesitate to cancel or postpone a show due to the death of a relative. But he obviously doesn't give a shit about them for years now.
Posted Image

#6 daphatves

daphatves

Team Awesome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hopefully he sends flowers!
dPv

#7 Doug E. Style

Doug E. Style

Top Gun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • LocationFlorida/Bama

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

close or not if my mothers mother died, I would attend the funeral.
Posted Image

#8 arnold layne

arnold layne

the forum fuckup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

:lol:

I knew Sunny would say something like that eventually.
I don't like games and fun
I don't like anyone.

#9 Rafał

Rafał

Addicted Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

You shouldn't judge people by who they are to you. Just because they are your family doesn't mean they can't be the worst people you've ever met in your life. Just because someone is a homeless junkie doesn't mean he can't be the best person you've ever met. Only Axl knows if they are worth it or not, and he will decide.
"Summary: Calm the fuck down."
Conor

Posted Image

"Guns N Roses started when I knocked on Izzy's door" - Axl 3:16

Spoiler

"It's not necroposting, it's thread recycling"

#10 Doug E. Style

Doug E. Style

Top Gun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • LocationFlorida/Bama

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

You shouldn't judge people by who they are to you. Just because they are your family doesn't mean they can't be the worst people you've ever met in your life. Just because someone is a homeless junkie doesn't mean he can't be the best person you've ever met. Only Axl knows if they are worth it or not, and he will decide.

meh..I'm not judging just saying what I would I do; and yeah i do think its a shame that Axl isn't involved with that side of his family. Maybe it is their fault or maybe its his, doesn't matter. Still a shame.
Posted Image

#11 Changes

Changes

Top Gun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Grand parents dying is a part of life. If you are not close with them, or they die very old and senile and because of that you feel like their spirit left years ago, it's not shameful not to grieve in the same way you would a person you are really close to. Even if you share blood. All of my grand parents are gone. We were not very close, but not strangers. I felt a bit sad, cried at the funeral and above all felt sorry for my parents.

If somebody dies at 97, and you didn't really stay in touch with them and have something really big going on in another country, there is no shame in sending flowers.

#12 Changes

Changes

Top Gun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

It's not a negative article. It's a direct quote from a relative. Axl has cancelled a whole US tour. I don't think he'd hesitate to cancel or postpone a show due to the death of a relative. But he obviously doesn't give a shit about them for years now.

You don't need to print every quote. A relative talking about Axl's potentially delicate family business - no need to print that. And certainly not in an article about a family member passing away.

#13 Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

Top Gun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Is Axl close with any of his family?

Edit: I'm not being smart, I'm just curious.

And for the record, I agree with others that if he wasn't close with them then oh well :shrugs:

Sure, maybe something could have been done out of respect (KOHD dedication?), but if not, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Edited by Black Sabbath, 22 October 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#14 Sleeping Like An Angel

Sleeping Like An Angel

Ho Defender

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

I don't see what the big deal is this woman is probably a complete stranger to him.

Posted Image

Dublin '06 / Rome '10 / London '10 / London '10 / Birmingham '10 / Manchester '10 / Dublin '12

#15 Rafał

Rafał

Addicted Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Axl has cancelled a whole US tour.

No he hasn't.

I think he meant the 2002 or something around that tour. He is just too fucking retarded to have a conversation.
"Summary: Calm the fuck down."
Conor

Posted Image

"Guns N Roses started when I knocked on Izzy's door" - Axl 3:16

Spoiler

"It's not necroposting, it's thread recycling"

#16 Barry

Barry

Barry The Bastard!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

He's cancelled a UK tour, large chunks of US tours, and the rest.

"Since this is a new band", Rose, Axl 2001

It's a figure of speech in regards to the lineup change, not to be taken literallly. Just something you say. He clearly didn't mean it in a literal sense, otherwise he wouldn't have kept the name since he is the owner of it. Even if he had, it's irrelevant.

:facepalm:

#17 Guest_saphire_*

Guest_saphire_*

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

I agree. There was nothing negative written here. People can draw their own conclusions. If he doesn't want to go to the funeral that's his perogative.

#18 RocketQueen1985

RocketQueen1985

Haters Gonna Hate

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

This.

Didn't mean to get people all worked up by posting this, I just happened to see it on Twitter.
I only went to my granddads funeral cause I was forced to (I was only 16 when he died) The things that man did to my grandmother, my dad and his siblings...he was a disgusting human being. My dad only went and forced us to go cause of what other people would say if we didn't go.
I don't know what Axl's feelings towards his grandmother are but I'm sure he had a good reason not to go.

#19 Sleeping Like An Angel

Sleeping Like An Angel

Ho Defender

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

This.

Didn't mean to get people all worked up by posting this, I just happened to see it on Twitter.
I only went to my granddads funeral cause I was forced to (I was only 16 when he died) The things that man did to my grandmother, my dad and his siblings...he was a disgusting human being. My dad only went and forced us to go cause of what other people would say if we didn't go.
I don't know what Axl's feelings towards his grandmother are but I'm sure he had a good reason not to go.

Sad to hear that but I agree on what you're saying. Just because someone is family doesn't autotmatically make them good people because in many cases just like yours, people treat their family members like shit and honestly why should they get treated with respect for treating their own flesh and blood like crap?

Posted Image

Dublin '06 / Rome '10 / London '10 / London '10 / Birmingham '10 / Manchester '10 / Dublin '12

#20 Wight Gunner

Wight Gunner

Young Gun

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Ahh the "Should" word, the fuckin' word that keeps people from doing what's right for them, because they should do what other people think is right.... Bollix to that, do what your heart says and live your own life :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users