Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

SLASH: New, Live Album Available

l_14c3f25eb365495794fd069873d5682f.jpg

Slash and his band will be recorded at Manchester Academy in Manchester, UK on July 3rd.

Abbey Road Live will be there to record the performance and have it mixed and mastered on-the-fly, specifically for delivery to CD – not to be confused with a “board” mix, which usually just involves plugging into the house sound console and taking their mix.

Each collectible disc set will be offered for $30 (£20) online at http://slashlive.sandbag.uk.com , or £20 at the show in Manchester. Discs may either be picked up at the end of the show, or shipped home.

In addition to Slash and Kennedy, other band members that will be featured on the CD set include Bobby Schneck on guitar; Todd Kerns on bass and backing vocals; and Brent Fitz on drums.

Pre-sales for the CDs are happening now at http://slashlive.sandbag.uk.com , and sales will only continue until all 1200 CDs are sold.

http://slashlive.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

http://blogs.myspace.com/slash

I have to say: This is pretty awesome :) Slash does everything that Axl fails at. Tommy was in Axl's band for 11 years before his name graced the liner notes of an album.

It is cool idea, but $30 for a live CD is a little steep.

I agree.

However, it's a double CD, and it's a limited edition pressing of 1200 copies - so it will definitely retain it's value if you want to turn around and sell it on eBay someday.

I wonder if they are going to play less GN'R songs at this show? Axl may not approve of these songs being on an official release.

Also, I remember Slash talking about doing a show with a bunch of special guests and recording it - I wonder if this is it?

I wonder if they are going to play less GN'R songs at this show? Axl may not approve of these songs being on an official release.

Also, I remember Slash talking about doing a show with a bunch of special guests and recording it - I wonder if this is it?

I want to see the special guests :(

It is cool idea, but $30 for a live CD is a little steep.

I agree.

However, it's a double CD, and it's a limited edition pressing of 1200 copies - so it will definitely retain it's value if you want to turn around and sell it on eBay someday.

It's sold-out already. Glad I bought mine :)

Wow that sold out incredibly fast!

Grabbed mine yesterday..........

Maybe a little pricey but pretty much in line with what some other bands charge and considering it is limited not a bad deal for a properly mixed live album...can't wait!!

Slash does everything that Axl fails at. Tommy was in Axl's band for 11 years before his name graced the liner notes of an album.

this post makes me so mad i simply cannot respond

Slash does everything that Axl fails at. Tommy was in Axl's band for 11 years before his name graced the liner notes of an album.

this post makes me so mad i simply cannot respond

Well now you've piqued my curiosity.

Wow, I never knew I'd have something like this before it sold out. I guess I just took my first step into GNR collectibles. Next on my list, breaking into Universal and stealing the master tracks from Chinese Democracy to create a non protooled version without OVER 9000 keyboards in Catcher in the Rye.

Smoking setlist from the Manchester show thanks to King Johnny on MYGNR.....Can't wait for the Boston HoB show.....

Ghost

Mean Bone

Night Train

Dirty Little Thing

Back From Cali

Beggars & Hangers On

Civil War

Rocket Queen

Fall To Pieces

Suckertrain Blues

Nothing To Say

Starlight

Watch This

Blues Jam/Godfather

Sweet Child O'Mine

Rise Today

Slither

Communication Breakdown

Paradise City

Downloaded the show and converted the files to MP3's as I don't have an Apple Ipod and my Sansa does not play Apple format...Even with the conversion the shows sounds ...even though not in top shape Myles did a great job....on the GnR and VR songs...Gave me a new appreciation of the VR songs I have not listened to in a long time....Loved the Alter Bridge song and the Slash songs kick ass...

This band really rocks and can't wait to gt my cd from this show so I can hear it lossless and really looking forward to the Boston show...

Take the time to download this you won't be disappointed.........

...even though not in top shape Myles did a great job....on the GnR and VR songs...Gave me a new appreciation of the VR songs I have not listened to in a long time....Loved the Alter Bridge song and the Slash songs kick ass...

fantastic concert! B)

it reminded again how good Contraband is

This quick message is to confirm that the order you recently made with the Slash Live online store has now been shipped to you.

:slash:

Dear Slash Fan

We are aware that the set list on the packaging is different than that of the actual set list that Slash performed in Manchester on July 3, 2010.

The set list on the cover is the running order we were given at the time of going to press with the sleeves. Unfortunately, sometimes artists change set lists at the last minute, and this was the case at Manchester.

As this was a limited pressing which has now sold out we will not be doing a 2nd pressing, and therefore we are unable to offer replacement sleeves.

However, we have updated the artwork and you may download a high quality version for printing here:

FULL cover: http://www.abbeyroadliveus.com/clips/slashrevisedfullcover.pdf

BACK cover: http://www.abbeyroadliveus.com/clips/slashbackcoveronly.pdf

Best Wishes

Abbey Road Live Here Now