LL_TJ1

Coma has to be GNR's best

LL_TJ1    10

I know there has to be a million threads on what is GNR's best song, but I gotta say, COMA is fucking awsome!! Musically, and the lyrics are amazing. If you havnt listend to this front to back do it. It's incredible. SHOCK THE SON OF A BITCH AGAIN!!

EstrangedTWAT    1,206

Yeah, it's pretty fucking awesome.

And I agree, Dead Horse kicks some ass too.

I was never that much into a lot of what I felt were "filler" songs on UYI I...like Bad Apples, 14 Years, Back Off Bitch.....but Dead Horse and Coma are way up there on my all time list.

I was never that much into a lot of what I felt were "filler" songs on UYI I...like Bad Apples, 14 Years, Back Off Bitch.....but Dead Horse and Coma are way up there on my all time list.

I would add 14 years to my list :)

SONOFABITCH    3

SHOCK THE SON OF A BITCH AGAIN!!

Hey!!! What did I do????

Anyway, yes I agree. For me One In a Million or Coma is the best GNR song of all-time. From Slash's guitar solo to Axl's finale - Coma is perfect.

/SOB

november snow    1,061

i dont think Back off bitch is filler for me is one of the best illusion songs

after Paradise city and Dont cry COMA is my favorite song :thumbsup:

Edited by november snow

I always thought it was kind of overrated on these boards. I think it's a great song, but it tend to bore me. They could have done it much shorter without missing out any important part.

My favourite is probably the one many others would say are their most overrated, Sweet Child O' Mine.

Guest Lucrecia   
Guest Lucrecia

Ron Thal Bumlbefoot will do the live q/a interview, this is the time to ask him a lot of questions about the band.

"Join me on the 18th for a live stream Q&A / interview... http://fantimelive.com/"

That's too far in advance!!!!!!!! I will totally forget by then.

SONOFABITCH    3

Slash really captures the mood in that guitar solo. I absolutely love his guitar solo as well as Axl's finale. A fine example of how magical these two are TOGETHER.

combos    1

Finally, a thread with taste. Coma is artistically the peak of that band and a hint at what might have been had they not broken up.

Edited by combos

kostabi    0

it one of GNR's best for sure. its one of the few songs from the "old band" that i actually listen to frequently.

Do your self a favor then and spin the AFD and UYI albums more frequently, and soon you will realize that ChiDem is pure crap compared to the original GNR music if hard rock is your thing.

The last 3 minutes of Coma, lyrically, is by far the best I've heard from any artist. Fuck Lennon, Dylan and even Eminem, Axl is the lyricist king. That's why ChiDem was disappointing to me. I thought for sure in 15 years, he had time to bring out 3 or 4 Coma moments... And it was looking good with the leak of Better and all, but yeah... Disappointed.

Changes    0

It's got a great ending. I find myself fast forwarding to the ending sometimes though.

Speaking of great endings, I have actually been repeating Locomotive the last few days. Just orgasmic outro.

tange    0

Appetite boring? hmmmm. Can't agree there. Rocket Queen is phenomenal as is paradise city.

I do agree though I like how illusions stretched the boundaries of the band. Cool stuff.

For me CD is half a record. its so obvious that certain songs were recorded in clusters with other songs.

It makes the album feel choppy.

I listen to

CD

Better

SOD

TWAT

catcher

irs

maddy

prossy

Those songs have a flow if you listen to them together. They feel familiar to each other in my eyes.

The other songs while good sound like they are from another record. It's a jerky album, feels thrown together.

Individual songs though I really like

Dr. Brownstone    155

This song is soooooo overrated and boring. I think the fan base praises it because it's 10 minutes. The last two minutes is one of Axl's best in the studio, but the 8 minutes to get there is a fucking slog. Stupid sound effects and voice overs too. I can't even imagine what dumb ideas Axl would have had for a music video. It probably would have gave "Estranged" a run for its money in lulz.

"Get the crash cart!"