Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Bonham

The Guns N' Roses logo

65 posts in this topic

gnr_logo.jpg

I was watching the Guns N' Roses biography on YouTube and I learned a lot about the band. One thing I learned is that Slash designed and drew the Guns N' Roses logo.

Two .44 Magnums intertwined with each other and two roses and their thorns.

A logo is a really big part of a band's identity, so I wonder why some people like to claim that GN'R is Axl's baby?

:rofl-lol:

GN'R will always be Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl, no matter what logo there is. Their logos throughout the years have been very badass though. I'm talking about the real band now, not the new ugly logos that Axls new pets are using.

Did Slash really DRAW the GNR logo in the first post? It's so well done....I can see him designing it...but actually DRAWING it himself? If so, I'm impressed!

Old GNR had it's fair share of ugly merch and logos too. Some of the t-shirts from the Illusion era were just embarrassing...like the Bad Apples shirt or any of the really white trash looking skeletons and Dixie flags and shit. I think all the skulls and bullets were kind of a rip off of Metallica's tees at the time. I liked the Coma artwork...that was cool...

And new Guns has some ugly ass stuff too...especially that laughable band portrait by DJ. But a lot of the Chinese dragon-y style stuff looked dumb, but then again, I liked a lot of it. The gas mask guy with tattoos was cool....so was the t-shirt for the first Vegas show. The later Vegas shows got terrible shirts though....the stupid playing cards and dice one. Lame.

Anyway....both incarnations of Guns have had cool AND ugly logos, tee-shirts and merchandise.

Slash also drew all of their old flyers - came up with the "brand aesthetic" if you will.

what a shame axl didn't let the incarnation die with dignity. just think how greatly they would have been remembered.

The logo that Slash drew is on Live Like a Suicide.

The one in the OP of this thread is a more polished version of the same drawing.

gnrep.jpg

Edited by John Bonham

I like this particular logo, but I never got why GN'R had skulls and stuff as symbols at times (although the cross is of course a classic). I mean they were not fucking Iron Maiden or some crap like that. It just didn't fit in.

I liked the new band logo that "modernized" the classic one.

2kpuzn.jpg

And I don't mind the new one, this shirt is badass:

guns-n-roses-globe-logo.jpg

but the old one will always be the classic.

Edited by bacardimayne

logo111i.jpg

What IS that anyway? Horns? Weeds? Axl's upside down mustache?

Dunno, but it's the logo from the CD single.