John Bonham

Need an Extra Copy of CD?

60 posts in this topic
List Price: $13.99

Our Price: $1.99

Napster Price: $12.95

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chinese+Democracy+-+CD/9111016.p?id=1925065&skuId=9111016&st=chinese%20democracy&lp=1&cp=1

Download the MP3s for $12.95 or clear some shelf space at Best Buy for $1.99!!

That's a great price even if you just wanted to use them as coasters!

I might buy one for my local library :awesome:

UPDATE: News "scoop" from Black Sabbath at mygnr:

After talking with one of the head Media guys at work (Best Buy), I found out a few little things that I didn't know about CD and the release. Here are a few:

- The exclusive deal was in talks long before we heard any rumors about it.

- The reason the 2 other copies didn't come out was because after the exclusive deal was signed, Axl and GN'R wanted more money for the different/extra copies and BB said "No."

- The CD and vinyl copies of Chinese Democracy are $1.99 at Best Buy. Not "ON SALE," just $1.99 now.

- The deal was signed for CD and any subsequent albums, so, Best Buy has first grabs at any future GN'R albums

Edited by John Bonham

List Price: $13.99

Our Price: $1.99

Napster Price: $12.95

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chinese+Democracy+-+CD/9111016.p?id=1925065&skuId=9111016&st=chinese%20democracy&lp=1&cp=1

Download the MP3s for $12.95 or clear some shelf space at Best Buy for $1.99!!

That's a great price even if you just wanted to use them as coasters!

I might buy one for my local library :awesome:

Wow lol. In Australia we would never see any CD that cheap. I'm not doubting the disappointing sales of Chidem in the US, but could they be clearing the way for the supposed re-release??

I never bought a copy of CD. You see, back in the summer of '08, I posted on Yarmo's site that any funds that I was going to use to buy CD would instead be contributed to Kevin 'skwerl' Cogil's defense fund. That brought the immediate ban hammer from Pig Vomit down on my account. So, after to contributing to the fund, as a matter of conscience, I never bought it. I am still in a quandry as to whether spending $1.99 would compromise my principles???

Edited by Cousin It

I never bought a copy of CD. You see, back in the summer of '08, I posted on Yarmo's site that any funds that I was going to use to buy CD would instead be contributed to Kevin 'skwerl' Cogil's defense fund. That brought the immediate ban hammer from Pig Vomit down on my account. So, after to contributing to the fund, as a matter of conscience, I never bought it. I am still in a quandry as to whether spending $1.99 would compromise my principles???

No, it would put you on the right side of the law, and at a bargain basement price. Theoretically since you did contribute to the defense of Skwerl, this is an entirely different transaction. You kept your htgth word, and cleared yourself of any legal wrongdoing. It's a win-win my friend, go buy yourself that coaster with inaccurate liner notes!

Edited by bodine

I would buy the one with the cool artwork we saw. Shit, I'd buy it at full price even. But that's just the sick OCD collector in me. Although I never did buy a copy of Greatest Hits....so i guess I'm not "complete."

But back to the point....Chinese Democracy in no way, shape, or form sold 5 million copies as some people on this site were claiming a few weeks ago. It was a FLOP upon release, it's a FLOP now, and it will go down in the history books as a FLOP. Nothing Axl does is ever going to change that, and it's his own damn fault for waiting for fucking long to put it out. CD woulda KILLED in 1999/2000. Sigh.

I would buy the one with the cool artwork we saw. Shit, I'd buy it at full price even. But that's just the sick OCD collector in me. Although I never did buy a copy of Greatest Hits....so i guess I'm not "complete."

I admit, I'd buy it if they did a re-release with good artwork/correct lyrics.

CD is still selling for €13 here in the shops. The price never dropped from the day of the release

I never bought CD and despite it costing a penny less than this Dunk Donuts coffee I am drinking, I still won't buy it

I love Chinese Democracy, but there's no doubt the record company's been trying to unload all their stock of it. I went to Rolling Stones records the other day and it was marked at $4.99.

But back to the point....Chinese Democracy in no way, shape, or form sold 5 million copies as some people on this site were claiming a few weeks ago.

Prove it.

But really, this IS pretty sad, although I can understand why Best Buy of all places is selling it for rock bottom prices. I might just go pick up a few copies the next time I'm in a Best Buy and use them as stocking stuffers.

could they be clearing the way for the supposed re-release??

i was waiting for someone to write this

could they be clearing the way for the supposed re-release??

i was waiting for someone to write this

Would be nice. That, or another exclusive of some kind. :fingers-crossed: