Sign in to follow this  
bacardimayne

lol axl

1:51

His voice was really shit during this show. Another example is when he let the backing track basically sing Shackler's for him. He even apologized for it during KOHD.

I wish he could be this raspy while still being able to hit the high notes. It actually makes a few songs sound pretty good. Edited by bacardimayne

Guest madison

Yikes.

I think he partied a little too hard the night/morning before that show.

That being said, his voice was often off during live shows back in GNR's heyday. So, it isn't really unusual for his voice to be off sometimes.

Is there some kind of vocal exercise or training that can help out with the shortness of breathe? Singers like Bach have maintained their singing voice or have gotten better.

On the other hand Bumble aced the If the World solo, very very nice.

There's a few bits that are pretty painful to listen to from the earlier shows, but also some bits that he flat out nails.

Though I can't understand how some people still deny the use of backing track vocals. Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying he's miming, but with a layered album like Chinese Democracy of course they'll use them, and they do. I even heard the Bach vocals on Sorry in Tokyo.

They definitely exist. To deny that is pure lunacy. I just don't see what's wrong with them. The only time he uses them are at times when in the actual song there are two vocal tracks going on. Do people expect Axl to sing two things at once?

They definitely exist. To deny that is pure lunacy. I just don't see what's wrong with them. The only time he uses them are at times when in the actual song there are two vocal tracks going on. Do people expect Axl to sing two things at once?

Exactly, it's a layered album, both musically and vocally, so I really don't see them problem with this. It's the same people who decided it was a crime to use an autocue.

Yep.

How does 'Scraped' work with no backing track?

Yep.

How does 'Scraped' work with no backing track?

According to many of members from other forums, "that's the rest of the band" :facepalm:

The only one where he really gets carried away is "Shackler's Revenge". He lets the backing track do the entire first verse (everything up to "I've got an itchy finger") for him.

There's enough employees onstage to sing hamrnony and backing vocals

Man, I'm not suprised ITW has gone missing from the set

Durr.

Because Bumblefoot and Stinson definitely have the voice to simulate another Axl, right? What does ITW have to do with this?

According to many of members from other forums, "that's the rest of the band" :facepalm:

:lol:

Well then they need to get a copy of the Tokyo show from last December, stat. That should clear it right up or them.

Durr.

Because Bumblefoot and Stinson definitely have the voice to simulate another Axl, right? What does ITW have to do with this?

I was on about backing tracks in general, there's enough singers there to cover most octaves to back him up, just not the full-on screech

No need for the durr was there?

I was on about backing tracks in general, there's enough singers there to cover most octaves to back him up, just not the full-on screech

No need for the durr was there?

Yeah, I apologize. Sometimes I forget that I'm not posting on MyGNR. I'm trying to maintain a respectful personality here.

The only one where he really gets carried away is "Shackler's Revenge". He lets the backing track do the entire first verse (everything up to "I've got an itchy finger") for him.

I think he let the backing track do most of work on SR on that one version.

He seems like he is only singing the chorus, and not really the low verses part.

And you can tell because he covers his mouth up with the mic, trying to act all sly.

Axl really cannot sing anymore, his voice is gone

He may sound good here and there but his voice is shot

Edited by dave-gnfnr2k

He seems like he is only singing the chorus, and not really the low verses part.

And you can tell because he covers his mouth up with the mic, trying to act all sly.

This is the best he's sounded....like ever. You probably think SCOM in Tokyo 92 sounded good.

It's one thing to say his voice has deteriorated, but he can definitely still sing. 7/10 shows he sounds great.

This is the best he's sounded....like ever. You probably think SCOM in Tokyo 92 sounded good.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he sounds his best. All in all I think 2006 Axl sounded a little better, and 1993/88 Axl blows them out of the water.

lol @ SCOM Tokyo. That was so bad.

It's one thing to say his voice has deteriorated, but he can definitely still sing. 7/10 shows he sounds great.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he sounds his best. All in all I think 2006 Axl sounded a little better, and 1993/88 Axl blows them out of the water.

I was exaggerating(well other than the SCOM part), its no secret that he sounded better in 88 and 93, and 06 is pushing it since I think the great shows from this tour far outweigh the great shows from the last tour. But yea, at the great shows at of 06 he did sound better.

Toyko 92 was terrible, France was much better.

Axl cant sing the new songs, the old stuff he still sounds decent.

But he cannot sing a full set anymore. His voice gives out on him all the time.

And this is not the best he has sounded ever, please dont be silly. I would still take his 2002 voice over his voice now. At least he didnt lip sync back then.

The only reason you thin he may sound better now is because of all the backing tracks he uses.

Ok let me rephrase, he cannot sing a full set list anymore.

After 5 or 6 songs his voice is shot. He can barely make it through the faster paced songs.

Maybe the problem isnt his voice, maybe he just is not in shape and gets winded much easier now.

Edited by bacardimayne

Toyko 92 was terrible, France was much better.

Axl cant sing the new songs, the old stuff he still sounds decent.

But he cannot sing a full set anymore. His voice gives out on him all the time.

And this is not the best he has sounded ever, please dont be silly. I would still take his 2002 voice over his voice now. At least he didnt lip sync back then.

The only reason you thin he may sound better now is because of all the backing tracks he uses.

He only uses the backing tracks on CD songs. He sounds great on AFD songs. Explain.

Ok let me rephrase, he cannot sing a full set list anymore.

After 5 or 6 songs his voice is shot. He can barely make it through the faster paced songs.

Maybe the problem isnt his voice, maybe he just is not in shape and gets winded much easier now.

That's bullshit and you know it. He sounds better in the ending songs (Nightrain, Madagascar) than he does in the first few.

Guest madison

The only reason you thin he may sound better now is because of all the backing tracks he uses...

If that's true, it's kind of sad. :(

There is certainly a huge improvement in his voice since he started touring this year,and the back track would certainly explain the big change.

I hope that's not the case - but it definitely makes sense.

The only reason you thin he may sound better now is because of all the backing tracks he uses...

There is certainly a huge improvement in his voice since he started touring this year,and the back track would certainly explain the big change.

He's been using backing tracks since the very start of the tour. I can list them off.

CD - High pitched voice in verses (Axl sings the low one)

SR - Demon voice in verses (Bumblefoot sings the high one in the first half of the first verse, Axl sings it for the rest), background vocal line in chorus (Axl sings the main one)

Better - "No one ever told me when I was alone they just thought I'd know better, better"

CITR - Backing Axl sounds (ooh, oh oh oh oh, etc.)

Scraped - Intro "ay" sounds, all of the "ayyyyyyyyo"s

Sorry - Listen to the "additional instruments" track in the Sorry .mogg. Every vocal in that track is in the backing track live.

Prostitute - A single "oooooooh ahh" sound behind the "who should I turn to if not for the ones" lyric

And that's it.

Edited by bacardimayne

He's been using backing tracks since the very start of the tour. I can list them off.

CD - High pitched voice in verses (Axl sings the low one)

SR - Demon voice in verses (Bumblefoot sings the high one in the first half of the first verse, Axl sings it for the rest), background vocal line in chorus (Axl sings the main one)

CITR - Backing Axl sounds (ooh, oh oh oh oh, etc.)

Scraped - Intro "ay" sounds, all of the "ayyyyyyyyo"s

Sorry - Listen to the "additional instruments" track in the Sorry .mogg. Every vocal in that track is in the backing track live.

Prostitute - A single "oooooooh ahh" sound behind the "who should I turn to if not for the ones" lyric

And that's it.

What about the start of Better?