Lummel666

House of Blues 2001

Did Axl have a nervous breakdown between this gig and Rio? He seems like the Axl of the 90s here. Sounds a lot better than he did at Rio too.

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

Did Axl have a nervous breakdown between this gig and Rio? He seems like the Axl of the 90s here. Sounds a lot better than he did at Rio too.

The treacherous sea of horrors must've got him.

Crazy to think that they sat on this, but quite happily released London 2012... 

I never liked much the Buckethead line-up. But I've got to admit, this was great. It's Axl's solo project in a setting that fits. A small venue filled with nutty fans. Not an arena half filled with nostalgia trippers who just want to hear SCOM and PC.

Anyway, wonder what will be leaked in another 17 years. 

Axl looks an aunt of mine with those fat guy clothes and the sunglasses over his wig. And he makes a lot of mistakes, holy shit! But it's cool to have this nevertheless.

Gotta be honest and say this is the first time I listen or watch to any GNR stuff in months. The band was sounding tight and Axl' voice was not so bad for a Mickey performance. Much better than Rio.

It's depressing that this project never took off. Half those guys are actually pretty talented. The industrial effects are so out of place and cheap sounding tho. Pitoman was really a weak link. He makes CD 1000x more cheesy.

I read so much about this concert. Had all the pics saved on my pc. Had the bootleg. I was 14, holy shit! To that kid back in the day, this day would've been VERY special. I'll probably never watch it again now :lol:

Robin is awesome. I hope someone makes a comp of all his moments in the concert.

this is so weird

he is chill here

then he's an asshole at rio

then bad ass at the joint

then an asshole in 2002

then he disappears

then asshole axl comes back in 2006

so on and on and on

dude is a trip

half an hour into the show, it's really fuckin cool so far

axl's voice isn't perfect but there's just something about his energy and his pitch accuracy is abnormally good. some of the cd songs sound near studio level and when he brings out the rasp it's legit

the guitars are a shitshow though. paul, finck and buckethead playing afd songs will always sound like a mess and it's extra bad here because it was only their second show

There's a humbleness to Axl in this show and Rio 2001 it's strange. It's not the current self-attacking "I suck" kind of thing. Dude seems like he's recovering from a bad break (which he himself is responsible for, as we all know)... but still... I don't know, it's a likeable Axl. He should've called that group of hired musicians a side project.

The GNR name could maybe help to sell tickets or records but the pressures was just too much. Especially when you decide to replace Slash with a masked guy with a KFC bucket as a hat and a goth guy with lil to no experience with classic/bluesy rock. Regardless of  the name, it's not really Guns N' Roses.

Axl and his hired musicians had a shot at doing something truly unique, although filled with cheesiness, bad lyrics and overall incompetent and incoherent music composing, but still unique and interesting. With a good song or two here and there...

I grabbed this this morning before going to work, and I thought it was a 15 minute excerpt from the show.  Now I see it's the fucking proshot of the entire show.  Goddamn.

Why the fuck couldn't we have got this over a decade ago?  Oh well.  Better late than never.

That obvious wig is so distracting.  It's so weird looking.  Better than Cranky Aunt Lesbian Axl we have today though.

Who gives a fuck about a band name. If only Axl had delivered music on reasonable time.........

8 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

half an hour into the show, it's really fuckin cool so far

axl's voice isn't perfect but there's just something about his energy and his pitch accuracy is abnormally good. some of the cd songs sound near studio level and when he brings out the rasp it's legit

the guitars are a shitshow though. paul, finck and buckethead playing afd songs will always sound like a mess and it's extra bad here because it was only their second show

first show. This is the very first show.

Unless I`m missing something, TWAT is basically a cleaned up 99 demo.

I started to appreciate The Blues. It`s a good song.

Oh My God is cool but I prefer EOD version.

Silkworms is Silkworms and TIL remix is interesting to hear once.

Warchild's last 24 hours must've been busy. All YT links down apparently.

30 minutes ago, Litti said:

Wow was there really a video of this show?

Hob 2001 and mtv rehearsals have been known to exist and be hoarded since forever