Skeeter

What in the actual fuck, boys?

It's funny to read the comments at the FB GnR fan pages about how much Axl is still kicking.
This video shows that Duff and Slash are in fact still kicking ass on stage. They might not be perfect or have the energy they did at 25 years old. But they are out there like professionals, getting the job done. Now listen to your boy Axl and try defend this in ANY way.  FOR FUN - be sure and skip to the 4:20 mark. It might be the worst 20 seconds of Axl's entire singing career.
Just fucking cringeworthy.

Maybe they watch it with the sound off, like a kid in denial with their fingers in their ears. 

I'll never understand why he doesn't sing that part (most parts now) in a lower octave. It'd increase then performance tenfold. I'd rather him sing reasonably competently in a lower register than trying to be as high as he once was and sounding like a grandma. 

i stopped defending Axl long ago.

everyone seemed to be in this euphoria about him and how hes "still got it"

he doesn't

11 hours ago, Conor said:

I'll never understand why he doesn't sing that part (most parts now) in a lower octave. It'd increase then performance tenfold. I'd rather him sing reasonably competently in a lower register than trying to be as high as he once was and sounding like a grandma. 

I disagree. I would rather him not do the song at all then adjust it and give us a 'royalty free' rendition to the original. In fact, I feel like he should cut a lot of the songs from the back catalogue that he can't do well, and concentrate on just doing the 'easier to sing' songs.

12 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

He can't even sing AC DC anymore.

What is this blasphemy? Source or GTFO.

I dunno....last time Angus showed up at a GNR show.  Think of all the 3 hour NITL shows he's done since his last full AC DC show.

3 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I dunno....last time Angus showed up at a GNR show.  Think of all the 3 hour NITL shows he's done since his last full AC DC show.

Because he didn't do a million shitty newGN'R shows before he joined AC/DC?

AC/DC is the epitome to me of white trash, redneck, one dimensional cock rock. It's like the junk food of rock n' roll.

7 minutes ago, Brian said:

It's like the junk food of rock n' roll.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I actually think that's a very accurate analogy. Too much of it is bad for you, but it's quick, simple, and tasty. You know what I'm in for.

14 minutes ago, Conor said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. I actually think that's a very accurate analogy. Too much of it is bad for you, but it's quick, simple, and tasty. You know what I'm in for.

It's just it takes rock and turns it into this simplistic, stupid fucking thing that really no one outside of teenage boys relate to. Shit like AC/DC is the reason why Spinal Tap was a thing. And even Spinal Tap, a joke band, had more melody and musicality than AC/DC.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

It's just it takes rock and turns it into this simplistic, stupid fucking thing that really no one outside of teenage boys relate to. Shit like AC/DC is the reason why Spinal Tap was a thing. And even Spinal Tap, a joke band, had more melody and musicality than AC/DC.

Miser - do we really need to have this conversation again?

We get it. You don’t like them. They aren’t sophisticated enough for your enlightenment taste. 

You’ve made several posts about it. Can you please stop shitting up the topic by repeating the same thing over and over? Thanks in advance. 

(And for future reference - your musical taste isn’t any better than anybody else’s. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s shit. ACDC has been basically selling out shows for decades. People like them because they are a groove orientated rock band. It is really that simple. Your description of their music - and their fans - just makes you sound like a pretentious arrogant little prick).  

2 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Miser - do we really need to have this conversation again?

We get it. You don’t like them. They aren’t sophisticated enough for your enlightenment taste. 

You’ve made several posts about it. Can you please stop shitting up the topic by repeating the same thing over and over? Thanks in advance. 

(And for future reference - your musical taste isn’t any better than anybody else’s. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s shit. ACDC has been basically selling out shows for decades. People like them because they are a groove orientated rock band. It is really that simple. Your description of their music - and their fans - just makes you sound like a pretentious arrogant little prick).  

Selling out shows or records does not mean the music is good. 

Also, they have no groove. It's all stupid riffs with a singer that sounds like a throat cancer patient. No groove. McDonald's trailer park rock.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Selling out shows or records does not mean the music is good. 

Also, they have no groove. It's all stupid riffs with a singer that sounds like a throat cancer patient. No groove. McDonald's trailer park rock.

Selling out shows and having high charting records for 40-plus years does in fact mean that you are good. 

No groove? Do you not remember the post I made that had several legendary musicians saying how ACDC success was specifically because of how much groove they have. 

You are 100% wrong. But that’s OK. You tend to think you know everything about every subject. In this case, you have no idea what you are talking about. 

BUT like I already said. 

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s shit. Your taste in music isn’t any better or more sophisticated than anybody else’s. Insulting bands and fans just makes you look like an arrogant cunt. 

For a second time I am asking you politely. This topic is about an Axl performance with GnR. PLEASE stop cluttering it up with your ridiculous comments about ACDC and their fans. 

You’ve stated your opinion on this topic numerous times. Please just stop now. Please. 

1 minute ago, Skeeter said:

Selling out shows and having high charting records for 40-plus years does in fact mean that you are good. 

No groove? Do you not remember the post I made that had several legendary musicians saying how ACDC success was specifically because of how much groove they have. 

You are 100% wrong. But that’s OK. You tend to think you know everything about every subject. In this case, you have no idea what you are talking about. 

BUT like I already said. 

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s shit. Your taste in music isn’t any better or more sophisticated than anybody else’s. Insulting bands and fans just makes you look like an arrogant cunt. 

For a second time I am asking you politely. This topic is about an Axl performance with GnR. PLEASE stop cluttering it up with your ridiculous comments about ACDC and their fans. 

You’ve stated your opinion on this topic numerous times. Please just stop now. Please. 

The thread became about AC/DC several posts ago, and so I'll reiterate. They have a grand total of three good songs. Rock yourself out the trailer park with those three if you must. They suck.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

The thread became about AC/DC several posts ago, and so I'll reiterate. They have a grand total of three good songs. Rock yourself out the trailer park with those three if you must. They suck.

Ok. Let’s try it this way. 

Yes. They suck - because you say they do. And you know music better than everybody else in the world. 40 years of success means nothing, because Miser doesn’t like them. Your musical taste is more sophisticated and important than everybody else’s in the world. You are a genius music evaluator.  Does that make you feel better?

You have made more posts about ACDC than all the other posters combined. We get it. You hate them. 

I’ve politely asked you to stop cluttering up the topic. You just keep repeating yourself. Everybody knows you hate ACDC. No need to keep repeating it over and over. 

For once can you stop being a cunt and just move on to a different topic? Or comment about the actual video? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

Ok. Let’s try it this way. 

Yes. They suck - because you say they do. And you know music better than everybody else in the world. 40 years of success means nothing, because Miser doesn’t like them. Your musical taste is more sophisticated and important than everybody else’s in the world. You are a genius music evaluator.  Does that make you feel better?

You have made more posts about ACDC than all the other posters combined. We get it. You hate them. 

I’ve politely asked you to stop cluttering up the topic. You just keep repeating yourself. Everybody knows you hate ACDC. No need to keep repeating it over and over. 

For once can you stop being a cunt and just move on to a different topic? Or comment about the actual video? Thanks. 

The video sucks. Axl Rose needs to retire and eat all the happy meals he wants until he kicks the bucket. He can go fuck Beta to his heart's content but at least him retiring will remove those disgusting leeches from the public. He's a disgrace and an embarrassment to rock music, he can't sing and he rapes all of the old songs by trying to do them with his faggot falsetto voice, and the fact that his half-assed, shit reunion sells plenty of tickets is evidence that sales do not represent quality. 

24 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

You are a lot better poster when you aren’t so bitter and angry. 

I have my reasons for being bitter and angry. I'm 27 and fucked around with my life and I feel like windows are rapidly closing. I dislike the rapidly changing nature of the world and feel like I get to live in the shittiest timeline. I'm a white straight man in America and the time of that being a good thing is rapidly ending. I can't even speak my mind without worrying I'll alienate my "tolerant" peers or accidentally come off as "mansplaining" or not using their preferred personal pronoun. It is hard to walk on egg-shells with people who you do want to retain some sort of friendship with, but whose ideology and world-view differs so much from your own. Technology is changing too rapidly for my taste as well, what with the rise of automation, self-driving cars, ultra wide fucking TVs and all this shit. It's all changing too fast. I'm 27 and in general I feel like an old man (compared, anyway, to say, a 17 or 18 year old). Only 13 years until I'm 40 and that's a depressing thought.

I picked all the wrong sides (following GN'R for example) and all the wrong causes and all the wrong things. I've lived to seen everything I've loved or really believed in be turned to absolute shit. I've lived now where I'm old enough to remember a world without smart phones and mega feminism to a degree, but young enough that I'll also live to experience a world where mega feminism will define the reality and country I live in. I'll live to see an age where even flirting will probably be seen as a form of sexual assault and where I'm more and more supposed to feel bad because a bunch of white guys at some point did something bad to someone.

So why the fuck shouldn't I be bitter?

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I have my reasons for being bitter and angry. I'm 27 and fucked around with my life and I feel like windows are rapidly closing. I dislike the rapidly changing nature of the world and feel like I get to live in the shittiest timeline. I'm a white straight man in America and the time of that being a good thing is rapidly ending. I can't even speak my mind without worrying I'll alienate my "tolerant" peers or accidentally come off as "mansplaining" or not using their preferred personal pronoun. It is hard to walk on egg-shells with people who you do want to retain some sort of friendship with, but whose ideology and world-view differs so much from your own. Technology is changing too rapidly for my taste as well, what with the rise of automation, self-driving cars, ultra wide fucking TVs and all this shit. It's all changing too fast. I'm 27 and in general I feel like an old man (compared, anyway, to say, a 17 or 18 year old). Only 13 years until I'm 40 and that's a depressing thought.

I picked all the wrong sides (following GN'R for example) and all the wrong causes and all the wrong things. I've lived to seen everything I've loved or really believed in be turned to absolute shit. I've lived now where I'm old enough to remember a world without smart phones and mega feminism to a degree, but young enough that I'll also live to experience a world where mega feminism will define the reality and country I live in. I'll live to see an age where even flirting will probably be seen as a form of sexual assault and where I'm more and more supposed to feel bad because a bunch of white guys at some point did something bad to someone.

So why the fuck shouldn't I be bitter?

Being bitter is just conceding defeat to all the things you hate. Why let them win?

From what I can tell from your posting history is that you take everything way too seriously. 

People have always had difference of opinions on all issues. There have always been extremist views on both sides. The only difference is that 20 years ago people weren’t able to shout their feelings to the world via ten different social media outlets. 

You think you have it bad because of the issues you listed. Twenty years ago you not only could be beaten, but you could be tortured and killed for being gay. Sixty years ago blacks were treated like subhumans just because of the color of their skin. 

It’s a fuck of a lot easier to live today than it was 50 years ago. Kids today protest a war that they don’t have to participate in. Wasn’t that long ago where young men didn’t have a choice and were drafted and forced to go to war. 

Your best bet? Get off the internet. Get off all forms of social media. Limit the amount of time you spend  surfing the Net.  All that shit you talked about suddenly takes on less meaning. 

My happiness level increased ten fold when I stopped spending so much time on the Net and social media. I spend 5 minutes a day reading the headlines on yahoo news. That’s it. And stay away from the comments. 

I will check espn and SI for sports. And a couple music sites. And FB for a few minutes every other day. 

And I will have zero-internet days at least once a week. 

The internet and social media are a time suck and a big sack of shit. Cut down your use of them by 90%  and your mental state will improve by leaps and bounds. 

I take my kids to the playground and 90% of the moms there literally cannot stop looking at their phone. I’m always saving kids from getting hurt because their mom is glued to her FB or texting. A couple days ago I grabbed a three year old from running into the street. Her mom didn’t see as she couldn’t  be bothered to look up from her phone. That kid easily could have been killed or kidnapped. Just because mom had to keep her twitter updated. It’s disgusting. 

Reduce your use of social media, surfing the Net and texting.....and your happiness level will skyrocket.