Locomotive
Don't Cry (Al. Lyrics)
Right Next Door To Hell
Garden of Eden
You're Crazy
Live And Let Die
Tie Your Mother Down
Back Off Bitch

This is the sound my brain recognizes as GN'R.

If anyone has a doubt about why Axl's voice sounds like shit nowadays, just give a listen to this "album".

The guy gave it all back then. It was no "victory or death" ... it was "victoy and death" ... you can win but you'll die in the end, no matter what.

I thinks he deserves some respect for what he did even if he doesn't sounds good now.

12 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

This is the sound my brain recognizes as GN'R.

If anyone has a doubt about why Axl's voice sounds like shit nowadays, just give a listen to this "album".

The guy gave it all back then. It was no "victory or death" ... it was "victoy and death" ... you can win but you'll die in the end, no matter what.

I thinks he deserves some respect for what he did even if he doesn't sounds good now.

I like that "victoy and death" man.

This was GNR!

But speaking of respect ... I believe that in the end we are all admirers of the redhead, even if he can no longer present performances as he has done in the past. Who knows how to be a piano / voice artist would be more dignified and realistic for him in this championship mood.

1 hour ago, GUNNER said:

I think that by breaking up GNR by laziness, dictatorial behavior and being basically a cunt and for performing in such a horrible level for many years now, Axl buried his respectful past.

By listening to these songs, it's like they are two completely different persons. The old Axl is someone I actually admire, obviously not as a person, but his voice and performances were indeed brilliant, few frontmen come close to him.

But post-GNR Axl is pathetic, both as a person and as a performer. It's impossible to have any respect for him. Like I said, it's like another person up there.

I was talking about the frontman.

I couldnt care less about the rest and your teenage wet dreams.

41 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

What makes you think they are teenage wet dreams?

7 minutes ago, maynard said:

What makes you think they are teenage wet dreams?

Simple. I started my post talking about Axls voice and you derrailed to talk about his persona, like if you know him. Obviously you fantasize about his character and you couldnt avoid to express your romantic view (positive or negative) about him. Thats the kind of shit a teenage girl would do and that I saw you criticizing so many times on other people.

:)

21 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Simple. I started my post talking about Axls voice and you derrailed to talk about his persona, like if you know him. Obviously you fantasize about his character and you couldnt avoid to express your romantic view (positive or negative) about him. Thats the kind of shit a teenage girl would do and that I saw you criticizing so many times on other people.

:)

No derailing. Just said that he did sound great but he fucked things up big time. So much I can't respect him anymore not even as just a singer. While recognized he was indeed an awesome frontman back then. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy listening to an old GNR tune, course I can. I just have no respect for Axl and don't think he deserves any.

Never understood why Civil War and Live and Let Die weren't on Live Era since they played them at damn near every show

1 hour ago, GUNNER said:

Yeah, pretty sure maynard wants to be Axl's fluffer.

40 minutes ago, maynard said:

No derailing. Just said that he did sound great but he fucked things up big time. So much I can't respect him anymore not even as just a singer. While recognized he was indeed an awesome frontman back then. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy listening to an old GNR tune, course I can. I just have no respect for Axl and don't think he deserves any.

Maybe you missed my point.

I was talking about the respect for his condition to not be able to sing anymore because he gave everything he got, vocaly, in the past. 

Like, respect for some bad consequences of a good effort.

This has nothing to do with a supposed respect or not for his persona, management decisions, or whatever you read on the press to support your teenage fantasies.

5 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Maybe you missed my point.

I was talking about the respect for his condition to not be able to sing anymore because he gave everything he got, vocaly, in the past. 

Like, respect for some bad consequences of a good effort.

This has nothing to do with a supposed respect or not for his persona, management decisions, or whatever you read on the press to support your teenage fantasies.

He sang his guts out on ACDC. Not too long ago he was still sounding like Axl in his solo band.

You respect him for singing recklessly? Is that it?

Again, you didn't mention his persona, I did. I said I can't respect him anymore. And my opinion is not based on the press, Gunner. What makes you think it is?

Axl's laziness and dictatorial behavior is well known and Axl himself would not deny it. You think the press is out ta get him? :lol:

1 minute ago, maynard said:

He sang his guts out on ACDC. Not too long ago he was still sounding like Axl in his solo band.

You respect him for singing recklessly? Is that it?

It's not the same as it used to be ... now he can only scream rocks n thunders.

Again, you didn't mention his persona, I did.

I know.

I said I can't respect him anymore.

Ok girl, whatever you like.

And my opinion is not based on the press, Gunner. What makes you think it is?

It's based on what? I supposed.

Axl's laziness and dictatorial behavior is well known and Axl himself would not deny it.

You talk like you know him ... that's so romantic :lol:

You think the press is out ta get him? :lol:

Not anymore.

4 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

And my opinion is not based on the press, Gunner. What makes you think it is?

It's based on what? I supposed.

What did you suppose? What makes you make this assumption?

Just now, maynard said:

What did you suppose? What makes you make this assumption?

I don't know wher else could you have heard about it. Did you just dream about it? I don't know ...

1 minute ago, GUNNER said:

I don't know wher else could you have heard about it. Did you just dream about it? I don't know ...

Umm, no. I can see stuff happening and make my own conclusions. It has nothing to do with dreaming. What makes you think my opinion is based on dreams?

5 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

Umm .... your own conclusions ... what stuff did you see happening?

Axl being late to shows, Axl taking two decades to release an album, Axl hiring and firing musicians constantly, etc.

39 minutes ago, maynard said:

Axl being late to shows, Axl taking two decades to release an album, Axl hiring and firing musicians constantly, etc.

How do you know Axl did/didn't all those things?

6 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

How do you know Axl did/didn't all those things?

Last I checked, he owns the name and he's the boss, or do you think Slash is to blame for any of it?

So you think Axl is some kind of God with superpowers and all depends exclusively on him?

3 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

So you think Axl is some kind of God with superpowers and all depends exclusively on him?

Just now, maynard said:
9 minutes ago, maynard said:

one "superpower" you don't have though: understanding what's written in front of you.

1 minute ago, GUNNER said:

Are you confusing "understanding" with "blindly believing"? xD