Troy McClure

GNR 💯 % legit insider AMA.

12 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

Axl sounds fantastic with AC/DC. I have heard the "he's just yelling" meme, but is there any credible reason that someone who knows about singing technique can tell me why he is able to sound like a man with AC/DC but then sounds like Mickey Mouse 90 percent of the time with GNR?

Make some pressure in your throat and head, then try to sing in a controled way, you'll probably not be capable to do it, but do it while screaming and you will get a "raspy" voice but without any control of it, thats what Axls been doing most of the time with AC/DC, the difference is that he still can use some of his old voice and have some control when extremely needed, sometimes it doesnt work and thats when he cracks. 

He can do this with AC/DC because its just straight forward vocals with little variation, while in GNR he created so many awesome and full of nuances vocal lines that its impossible to do it, then mickey.

Im not a pro, but thats what I know from the little Ive tried to learn to sing. 

Stop freaking guys. Probably everybody is right and both tours (gnr and acdc) will happen at the same time.

Cant wait for the "because you... err... me" moments, when axl start mixing gnr and acdc lyrics on stage.

Did anybody else get a PM containing "Obese_Women_Thunder_Storm.mp3"? 

Axl's vocals sound a bit autotuned in it, but otherwise pretty good for an AC/DC song. Def Tommy Stinson on base, so I guess that confirms that. 

6 minutes ago, sixes said:

Yeah, but who's gonna be on sub-bass??

Brian Johnson. He'll be barely listenable though.

1 hour ago, sixes said:

Yeah, but who's gonna be on sub-bass??

Melissa is a given

AC/DC needs to be checked on the "mansplaining" front. They need to move with the current musical climate, y'know?:smugpepe: She could be wearing those devil horns on stage or something

Axl will offer his di...i mean, back for her

It would be great if they did a tribute to George or Malcolm on the new Axl/DC album, like they did for Bon on Back in Black.

Damn, can you imagine losing two brothers within one month? Must be hard for Angus.

3 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Responding to a pm

Brendan O’Brian  is the producer for the new Axl Acdc album.

giphy.gif

alright, thanks man!

Interesting, first time in a while since AC/DC has used the same producer consistently, seems like they really like him.

38 minutes ago, GNS said:

axl on an acdc release in 2018, before the 2nd installment of CD. You cant make this shit up.

It's probably for the better

he can't do justice to his own songs anymore

3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

It's probably for the better

he can't do justice to his own songs anymore

3 hours ago, GNS said:

axl on an acdc release in 2018, before the 2nd installment of CD. You cant make this shit up.

I guess we shall all see in early 2018