Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meatpuppet

Motorcycles

0226fomcss01.JPG

I've been thinking about getting a motorcycle. Everyone so far has talked me out of it. Something about death and head injuries. Looks like fun. Anyone have experience owning one?

To my knowledge, I've never been on a motorcycle.  I rode a moped once in high school and I got really scared when it got up passed 15 mph.  I also rode a moped once when I first came to Japan but I was really drunk and don't remember.

My last gf said her ex had a motorcycle and she would ride on the back of it.  That made me feel like a real pussy.  She's used to riding on the back of this guy's hog and I ride around on a bicycle.  I love my bike, but it's not very masculine.

I think motorcycles are fucking cool as shit though.  If I wasn't such a scaredy cat I'd love to get one.  But I think it's too intense and scary and I'd end up a greasy splotch on the road.

I prefer Japanese style bikes to Harley style.  I just think they look cooler.  Throughout my youth, I've loved several prominent cycles from pop culture.  I also loved (still do) playing with motorcycle toys.

Here are some of the best examples:

Kaneda's bike from AKIRA....the greatest motorcycle ever designed.

AkiraKanedaBike03.jpg

The "Armored Cyclone" from Robotech.  Super cool cause it combines with the rider to form a suit of mecha armor.

CMs-Ride-Armor-Intro-1B.jpg

3590721793_6eb942369a_b_1244092546.jpg

The TRON lightcycle, designed by Syd Mead:

latest?cb=20140216001252

Ghost Rider's early 90s cycle:

51ce43ccafff836e5f78ad867ca65911--ghost-

Brad Turner's CONDOR from "M.A.S.K."....it turned into a helicopter!

condor02_l.jpg

I also think BMW make some sick ass looking bikes, but I don't know the specific model.

1 person likes this

Yeah I want to get one. 

My gf tells me not to. Says they're unsafe. 

1 person likes this

That reminds me. I should probably see Akira sometime.

I've ridden the back of a moped once or twice. That's even less masculine than never having ridden one.

I had a friend that rode a moped. He's not here anymore.

@EstrangedTWATthose are just fucking toys, not real motorcycles

No offense, but sometimes you post the weirdest shit here... who the fuck associates anime/comic book motorcycles in a thread like this? 

If i don't know that you live in Japan, i'd have thought you live in some smelly basement surrounded by anime DVD's/comic books, like a fat teenage korean boy. it's fucking weird

Sorry i really felt the need to spit this out of my system

I just think that cartoon motorcycles are cooler than real ones, and significantly safer.

At the end I said I like BMW's motorcycles.  Those are real.

I watched "Sons of Anarchy."  Harleys ridden by shitkicking outlaws wasn't my thing.  I prefer Japanese crotch rockets and cartoon motorcycles that can turn into robots.

if you value life and/or having a somewhat abled body, don't get one. If you like taking high (unnecessary) risks that will always do more damage to yourself in the case of a crash, then be my guest.

On 7/18/2017 at 3:49 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

I just think that cartoon motorcycles are cooler than real ones, and significantly safer.

At the end I said I like BMW's motorcycles.  Those are real.

I watched "Sons of Anarchy."  Harleys ridden by shitkicking outlaws wasn't my thing.  I prefer Japanese crotch rockets and cartoon motorcycles that can turn into robots.

That's the thing. I am the opposite. I think Harley's are badass. Unfortunately mainly old folks ride them though and let's be honest, doesn't look nearly as cool. 

Not to mention the fucking asshats that rev the shit out of them through neighborhoods, at stoplights, wherever. There's a guy in my neighborhood, older guy, I have nothing against him. Except on the early mornings when he decides it's time to take the noisy Harley out when I'm trying to sleep.

Judging by my crash on an ATV last year, I'm too stupid to have a motorcycle.