volcano62™

Prediction: Guns N' Roses will never release an album of new music

They make more money and have more fun touring the old catalog (CD songs are now also part of the old catalog) than by releasing new music.

I mean even if they have songs in the vault if they are not up to GNR standards is it even worth releasing?

IMO one of the reasons more music is not released is because what they have in the vault is garbage otherwise it would have been released as CDII.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, volcano62™ said:

They make more money and have more fun touring the old catalog (CD songs are now also part of the old catalog) than by releasing new music.

I mean even if they have songs in the vault if they are not up to GNR standards is it even worth releasing?

IMO one of the reasons more music is not released is because what they have in the vault is garbage otherwise it would have been released as CDII.

Thoughts?

I think that Axl will release one more record of new songs, just one, not two.

One more and that's it.

But, it is not coming out in the "near future," so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Maybe November 2019.

I think the only new studio vocals we ever get from Axl will be released posthumously by Team Brazil.  Just whatever old leftover shit actually exists.

I think the best we can hope for in his lifetime is a live track like The Seeker or Blackhole Sun being released "officially" in some capacity.

4 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I think the only new studio vocals we ever get from Axl will be released posthumously by Team Brazil.  Just whatever old leftover shit actually exists.

I think the best we can hope for in his lifetime is a live track like The Seeker or Blackhole Sun being released "officially" in some capacity.

But he said...!

48 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I think the only new studio vocals we ever get from Axl will be released posthumously by Team Brazil. 

Sad but true

I think it's clear by now that GNR will not release anymore music and neither will Axl.

I read that the number one album on billboard last week only sold 30,000 copies. 

A new GnR release would sell 500,000 in the US. So if they planned the release date properly GnR could have the number one album for 3-4 weeks. 

@volcano62™ yea. That one album in 20 years shit was annoying five ago. Who would have thought we would be here in 2017 still waiting. 

It really is ridiculous and a huge FUCK you to the fans. 

I have moved to the camp that says it's half because he is scared to share his music. And half because he is a prick and doesn't want members who "left" him to make money off the music. He doesn't want Robin and BBF to get a dime from GnR songs. We all know how he carries a grudge. 

Empty the vault. Put all the remaining CD songs out on iTunes or for free. Axl is going to make 50 to 100 million dollars on this tour. Give something back to the fans and share those songs. 

When Axl dies they will hire AxlisOld to do vocals over whatever instrumentals are lying around, Michael Jackson style.

58 minutes ago, bran said:

When Axl dies they will hire AxlisOld to do vocals over whatever instrumentals are lying around, Michael Jackson style.

Can someone let me hear some axlisold doing GNR.

Topic created by the same guy who thought a reunion would never happen, so, there's still a hope.

No, there's 3 records, and about 10 extra tracks. Axl said this himself at London Docklands Arena in 2002. 

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

Can someone let me hear some axlisold doing GNR.

He has a great voice. 

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Give something back to the fans and share those songs. 

Ha! Axl "giving" something to his fans. 

The only thing he gives is the finger every night during Its So Easy. And the fans love him for telling them to Fuck Off

1 hour ago, evader said:

I uploaded his version of RQ to Soundcloud and the internet police took it down as I was testing it.

If you want it, here's a link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bw86vl

Beware the sendspace trickery.

AIO, if you want me to remove it, just say the word.

And oh yeah, the OP.... I don't think we'll ever hear a new album, and I think it is absolutely shitty that we never heard the rest from the CD sessions. What's the point of being an artist if you aren't going to share your work?

AIO had the best voice - imo - of everybody involved in the old group recordings. 

The thing that gets me is that he said he was going to release it. If he originally said that CD burnt him out and he had no intention of ever releasing music again - then fine. Sucks for us, but at least we know. 

But for him to say "same time next year. New album with 10 B-sides" or however he worded it. He talked about 29 of 34 songs being done. Beta talked about 80 songs. DJ and Fortus talked about new songs. People have heard some of the new songs. 

Why do all that just to sit on them?

Axl is at the peak of his career right now in terms of what he needs to do as a musician. Touring to 75,000 people a night. Making a million bucks a show. He doesn't need or have to prove anything to anybody. He deeply cared how fans reacted to Cd. But he doesn't have that fight anymore. 

This would be my attitude if I was Axl today. "Fans, here are the remaining 30 CD songs. If you like them - awesome. Maybe I will do a solo club tour this winter and play them live. If you don't like them - go suck a dick. Love Axl - see ya on tour. "

Axl needs to realize that his career/legacy isn't dependent on what fans think of Atlas Shrugged. GnR is Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain, YCBM, Don't Cry, etc.  Nobody is saying Axl Rose sucks because of If the World. 

Empty the vault. Start fresh with the current guys. Simple stuff.